[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC RB to PICK UP ?

Union Jack

Pretty cheeky of people to suggest that McCluster isn't worth a flyer. It's week 2 and already Foster, S. Jackson, and F. Jones are looking at extended absence due to injury, not to mention Charles being out for the year. No doubt there are plenty of people out there desperate for running back depth.

McCluster will be in a timeshare, yes, and in a bad offense, yes... but he's also extremely talented and about to see a big increase in touches (despite his small stature).

And even bad teams can have roster-worthy players, as long as they work well in space and have big-play capability -- like McCluster does.

McCluster is no Charles, but that doesn't mean he isn't worth a speculative pickup.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty cheeky of people to suggest that McCluster isn't worth a flyer. It's week 2 and already Foster, S. Jackson, and F. Jones are looking at extended absence due to injury, not to mention Charles being out for the year. No doubt there are plenty of people out there desperate for running back depth.

McCluster will be in a timeshare, yes, and in a bad offense, yes... but he's also extremely talented and about to see a big increase in touches (despite his small stature).

And even bad teams can have roster-worthy players, as long as they work well in space and have big-play capability -- like McCluster does.

McCluster is no Charles, but that doesn't mean he isn't worth a speculative pickup.

This is exactly right. Those who says "none" or "neither" are idiots.

RBs don't exactly grow on trees.

The only times Jones has produced viable #'s is when he is fed the ball 20-30 times a game. If you see this happening he's the play. I surely don't. As has been said already, KC will be playing a lot of catch up football and there is no way to do that patiently waiting for a long run from Jones. Stay away if you can. If you can't- Thomas Jones is a veteran and has been in this position before. He won't post zeros but you just don't know if the numbers he'll post are + or - . My guess would be McCluster is the play here.

I had Charles, somebody in my league owns McCluster but I will try for Jones. I doubt I'll get him though since I'm 9th on the waiver wire.

Assuming I cannot get Jones what alternatives are there? I am considering Isaac Redman on Pitt and Roy Helu on Wash, there is literally nobody else available.

Does anybody else have deep sleeper suggestions? Even Demarco Murray, Ben Tate, McCluster and most others are owned in my league

This is exactly right. Those who says "none" or "neither" are idiots.

RBs don't exactly grow on trees.

Running backs don't grow on trees, but that doesn't mean either KC RB is going to have much value. I believe McCluster is the back to target in a PPR, but don't expect a lot. If Seattle's RBs all of a sudden became available, would you be excited about acquiring any of Lynch, Forsett, or Washington. There is no KC RB that is worth spending much FA money on. I'd rather spend my money on a backup who if givien a chance could amount to something. Give me a Helu, or Rodgers, or Scott, or Hardesty, or the like before I'd want a KC RB.

I'd take Helu before either of McCluster or Jones

Yeah, but Helu was drafted in all my leagues, and McCluster wasn't so we are talking about some people with few options.

:wacko: At all this McCluster love. The dude is 5-freakin'-8 and 170 lbs. and is an obvious liability in pass coverage. His role may be expanded, and sure maybe he has the "upside", but that old man Jones ran for 896 yards and 6 scores last year, while one of the most dynamic RBs in the NFL remained available on the sidelines.

McCluster has 30 career carries. Sure Jones' YPC has steadily declined, but with their offense already slumping, I would suspect they'll go to a more established runner before they start giving a gimmicky RB a real increase in workload.

Sure, McCluster's role will be increasing and if Jones is gone in your league, he's worth a flier, especially in PPR formats. But given a choice of the two, I'm sticking with the veteran.

McClain may actually be the one to own after it's all said and done, though. He may vulture scores... if the Chiefs can even sniff the red zone.

I wouldn't add Jones to my roster if I had an open spot and could get him for free. He will be positively useless in my opinion, while Dexter only MIGHT be useless.

I wouldn't add Jones to my roster if I had an open spot and could get him for free. He will be positively useless in my opinion, while Dexter only MIGHT be useless.

FF is oftentimes about opportunity.

The fact that you write for the site makes me question how I spend my money.

Did Jones age 10 years since last season? :wacko:

You obviously haven't seen him in action this year yet.

FF is oftentimes about opportunity.

The fact that you write for the site makes me question how I spend my money.

If I sucked at fantasy football I wouldn't go around handing out advice. My track record speaks for itself. Whether you choose to pay heed to my words is up to you. However I might point out that afforementioned advice was doled out free on the message board, so i'll be happy to refund any money you lose based on this free opinion.

If I sucked at fantasy football I wouldn't go around handing out advice. My track record speaks for itself. Whether you choose to pay heed to my words is up to you. However I might point out that afforementioned advice was doled out free on the message board, so i'll be happy to refund any money you lose based on this free opinion.

No, that's ok. Just file it away in the back of my mind.

I stand by my point that anyone who says neither is giving out bad advice. Maybe our definitions of what is worthy of being picked up is different, but to say you wouldn't pick Jones up for free and you had the spot is foolish. He's at the bare minimum worth a stash and hold in that situation, so ya, you lose credibility with me.

I stand by my point that anyone who says neither is giving out bad advice. Maybe our definitions of what is worthy of being picked up is different, but to say you wouldn't pick Jones up for free and you had the spot is foolish. He's at the bare minimum worth a stash and hold in that situation, so ya, you lose credibility with me.

I want you to win Runt. Jones will not help you win. Anything else I would tell you would be disingenuous and in my opinion harmful to your fantasy team, (i.e. wasting a precious roster spot at a critical free agent period on a player that you will want to drop in 2 weeks)

Or maybe you just have more open spots on your roster than I do, maybe you can afford to hold Jones. Go ahead. I'm just telling you I don't think I have a player I would drop for him.

Credibility? I'll never blow smoke up your ass. Like my opinion or hate it, you'll get honesty. Seems a lot of people can't handle brutal truth any more though. Sigh.

I want you to win Runt. Jones will not help you win. Anything else I would tell you would be disingenuous and in my opinion harmful to your fantasy team, (i.e. wasting a precious roster spot at a critical free agent period on a player that you will want to drop in 2 weeks)

Or maybe you just have more open spots on your roster than I do, maybe you can afford to hold Jones. Go ahead. I'm just telling you I don't think I have a player I would drop for him.

Credibility? I'll never blow smoke up your ass. Like my opinion or hate it, you'll get honesty. Seems a lot of people can't handle brutal truth any more though. Sigh.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't plan on a guiy like that being an automatic starter or anything like that, but I for sure would grab him and stash him on the bench to see if he's worth anything rather than just flat out pass.

I have five FF teams, just scoured my rosters, and can't find one player I would drop for Jones....guess I lose your credibility, but not gonna lose any sleep over it.