[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Dog Wins?

Brentastic

Pittsburgh +4 @ Houston

OR

N.Y. Jets +4 @ Baltimore

I'm leaning toward PIT but looking for a nudge. I missed last week and need a rebound win.

E2A:

Just to clarify the rules. I'm in a pool where each week I need to pick a team to win outright, sorta like a pick em. Only difference is that it is NOT one and done. You accumulate points through the SB. Once you pick a team you cannot pick them again until the conference championship round. If you do happen to pick a team again during that round (meaning you picked them once in the reg season) you cannot pick them again in the SB. Twice is the absolute most you can pick a given team. Points are collected all the way through the Super Bowl. Whoever has the most points after the big game wins.

You only score points if you pick the outright winner and the points are awarded as follows:

If you correctly pick a favorite to win you get 1 point.

If you correctly pick the winning team who is a 3 point dog or less you get 2 points.

And finally, if you correctly pick a 3.5 point dog or greater you get 3 points.

The pool consists of 25 participants and the payout is pretty good. Winner gets about $1k, first 5 places get paid out. I hit the first 2 weeks, missed last week. I'm currently in 5th place but it's a long season. Best I've finished is 5th place and this is my 3rd year. I won't ask for input every week but when I'm completely torn, I will turn to you cork snackers for advice. It would really help if you provided some sort of analysis to combine with your pick. Anyone can blurt out a team but without something to support your pick, it doesn't really help. Of courese, this is your perrogative but if you wanna help, provide some detail to support your position.

Finally, I am willing to hear any dogs you may like, whether I have listed them or not, but usually I have narrowed it down to a few teams I like. That doesn't mean you can't convince me otherwise. If you're convinced a team will win outright and I didn't select them, please share your thoughts! In future weeks, I will just bump this same thread. No use creating a new one each week.

My picks so far:

Week 1 - WAS (2 pt winner)

Week 2 - ATL (2 pt winner)

Week 3 - MIN (0 pts)

Week 4 - ???

Edited by Brentastic

E2A: deleted post since I posted in my 1st post.

So does anyone like PIT this week? I know they are having some problems but HOU is one of those teams that is very inconsistent and PIT has underachieved so far. I gotta assume the PIT defense brings their A game this week and I also gotta assume their offense steps up a bit too.

Edited by Brentastic

Chefs +2 win outright

:wacko:

Really thought about them but after getting burned by MIN last week (picked them to win) I fear they will burn me again and win. I mean, MIN has been "in" every game this year but blow it in the 2nd half. Also, I always look at the home dogs first before I move onto other (away) dogs. There are no home dogs I particularly like this week. Maybe ARI but that O-line looks bad and the Giants have a pass rush.

So does anyone like PIT this week? I know they are having some problems but HOU is one of those teams that is very inconsistent and PIT has underachieved so far. I gotta assume the PIT defense brings their A game this week and I also gotta assume their offense steps up a bit too.

IF Foster stays healthy this week, I see the Texans blowing out the Steelers :wacko: The offense is so much better with him in there. Tate did well because of the situation, but he is no Foster. Foster plays all aspects of the game better and has better vision, imo.

Really thought about them but after getting burned by MIN last week (picked them to win) I fear they will burn me again and win. I mean, MIN has been "in" every game this year but blow it in the 2nd half. Also, I always look at the home dogs first before I move onto other (away) dogs. There are no home dogs I particularly like this week. Maybe ARI but that O-line looks bad and the Giants have a pass rush.

Chefs are a home dog.

Vikings are decidedly worse off the fast track and outside of the friendly confines of the Dome. No one from the team will admit it, but they know the season is lost at 0-3. Coming off two demoralizing losses where they pissed the games away (at home) and knowing the season is lost, I see no reason to expect they will go down to Arrowhead and play inspired ball. McFlabb is living on borrowed time and I dont see anyone rallying around him at this point. AP is the one player who goes all out every week and there is a chance he blows up big enough to carry the team. Gotta believe he's going to be seeing a LOT of defenders close to the line, though, as there is very little about the passing game to scare them back.

The Chefs on the other hand have usually been good at home in Oct-Nov IIRC and I am sure they see this as one of their best opportunities to get a win in front of the home fans. If they take care of the ball and use McCluster a lot out of the backfield, I think they win the game.

ETA: when you have two 0-3 teams, guess you not only get the worst broadcast crew but also they throw in former U coach Brewster as a sideline reporter as a cherry on top. My ears and eyes are bleeding now :wacko:

Edited by Delicious_bass

yes

Went with PIT this week by using the K.I.S.S. method. BAL is a better team than the Jets right now and they are playing at home. BAL wins this one. The Jets could win but I just don't see it happening this week.

The Steelers were in the SB last year and until proven otherwise over a longer time frame, they are still an elite team despite how sh!tty they are playing on offense. They have a defense that can stop HOU's running game and can limit the Texans to FGs.

The only other dogs I would consider are DET and CIN - but both woulld only reward 2 points (vs 3 for picking PIT) and I don't feel anymore confident in them to accept less points.

Went with PIT this week by using the K.I.S.S. method. BAL is a better team than the Jets right now and they are playing at home. BAL wins this one. The Jets could win but I just don't see it happening this week.

The Steelers were in the SB last year and until proven otherwise over a longer time frame, they are still an elite team despite how sh!tty they are playing on offense. They have a defense that can stop HOU's running game and can limit the Texans to FGs.

The only other dogs I would consider are DET and CIN - but both woulld only reward 2 points (vs 3 for picking PIT) and I don't feel anymore confident in them to accept less points.

How's that working out for you?