[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jackie Battle - KC RB

Cunning Runt

I am a little concerned with the concussion prospect. He has had two weeks to get better but he is going to be susceptible to another in the short term. Concussion info

Add that and the fact that Haley may rotate rb in at a whim and I decided to roll with Vincent Jackson for my flex over Battle this week.

Jeez... In what league do you have two starting WRs so good that vjax is a flex?? Guy is top 15.

Edited by overworkedirish

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another week, another example of being the most effective runner. I was just watching the gametracker, but it looked like they tried Jones first, he did nothing. Then McCluster, and he did nothing. Then Battle and on his first carry he went for 6 yards.

What pisses me off is that I had Cassel going in one league, Battle going in another. It appears Cassel had a TD that was reversed and spotted at the one. "Oh well, I thought, maybe Battle will get it." Nope, L McClain. :wacko:

Another week, another example of being the most effective runner. I was just watching the gametracker, but it looked like they tried Jones first, he did nothing. Then McCluster, and he did nothing. Then Battle and on his first carry he went for 6 yards.

What pisses me off is that I had Cassel going in one league, Battle going in another. It appears Cassel had a TD that was reversed and spotted at the one. "Oh well, I thought, maybe Battle will get it." Nope, L McClain. :wacko:

I watched the replay of that goal line carry and McClain fumbles it and a OL guy jumps on it in the end zone for the touchdown. Fumbling goal line carries isn't going to get you many more. I'm hoping KC really starts giving Battle more carries, and the goal line ones that really count.

I watched the replay of that goal line carry and McClain fumbles it and a OL guy jumps on it in the end zone for the touchdown. Fumbling goal line carries isn't going to get you many more. I'm hoping KC really starts giving Battle more carries, and the goal line ones that really count.

yep, and the announcers said just prior to that carry that KC didn't have a rushing TD yet this year...when he fumbled I said out loud, "and they still don't that was a fumble recovery".

I loved seeing defensive back Javier Arenas get a direct-snap for the TD from the 7.

only looked like a big blowout due to two defensive scores

exactly. Cassell had a passer rating of like 40 or something, so it's not like KC was moving the ball.

And, for the record, I'm not saying dude should be a stud, but rather that he should be getting 20+ touches when you consider the options.

i see some here think he's the best option on the team....just not sure the team is a good option.i see the upcoming schedule as pretty tough with limited oppurtunity.

Dude, when this thread started, nobody on this freaking site had heard of him. Those of us who had a roster spot to burn, picked him up and he's rushed for 195 yards in two games. I've seen worse investments considering most of us were grabbing him for free.

If there are guys who are getting upwards of 20 carries a game on better teams available on your leagues waiver wire, then I absolutely suggest you get them rather than Battle.

I have him in a 10 team league that starts 2 RBs, 3 WRs, and 2 Flex. So, in starters alone, we're 70 deep between RBs and WRs. Any RB getting 15+ carries a week and doing anything at all with those carries merits a starting spot.

Dude, when this thread started, nobody on this freaking site had heard of him. Those of us who had a roster spot to burn, picked him up and he's rushed for 195 yards in two games. I've seen worse investments considering most of us were grabbing him for free.

If there are guys who are getting upwards of 20 carries a game on better teams available on your leagues waiver wire, then I absolutely suggest you get them rather than Battle.

I have him in a 10 team league that starts 2 RBs, 3 WRs, and 2 Flex. So, in starters alone, we're 70 deep between RBs and WRs. Any RB getting 15+ carries a week and doing anything at all with those carries merits a starting spot.

he had 19 carries the 1st week and 16 the next.(Battle)

jones had 10/9 respectively

McCluster 4/10

his role, going forward, will be limited (RBBC)...- on a mediocre team with a tough schedule.

i guess to rely on him depends upon your needs, but i'm not sold , (especially in leagues that don't have the luxery to add/drop)

Edited by hooknladder

McCluster 4/10

his role, going forward, will be limited (RBBC)...- on a mediocre team with a tough schedule.

i guess to rely on him depends upon your needs, but i'm not sold yet, (especially in leagues that don't have the luxery to add/drop)

It depends a lot on your league, the number of starters and depth of rosters. Guys like him are often getting picked up in our league (and almost as often dropped again a week or two later) by owners trying to improve their rosters. For us the reason is deep bench (1 slot for each starting slot). This week I considered guys like Ball (DEN) LSH (ARI) and Smith (ARI), one of those was nabbed on waivers (Smith).

Any player getting regular touches on a team that is a free agent is of interest to people in most leagues.

Besides using your number he is the clear leader in the RBBC with over half of the carries in a 3 man race.

McCluster 4/10

i guess to rely on him depends upon your needs, but i'm not sold , (especially in leagues that don't have the luxery to add/drop)

Yeah Jones keeps himself in awesome shape but it's over. McCluster.... :wacko: maybe 5-7 carries. Battle should be getting 15-20 for sure. Run him til he's broke. Tough schedule doesn't bode well for the other two.

McCluster 4/10

Wow, I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this.

1) I don't know about your league but am I to understand you don't "have the luxury" of adding and dropping players? OK then, if that's the case, then I certainly wouldn't add him.

2) My point has been, all along, that he's already getting more carries than the other guys and is certainly doing more with those carries than the others. Thus, I'm guessing it won't be long before the coaches start wondering if they'd be better off giving some of the carries that Jones is getting 1 yard per carry on and give them to Battle.

In other words, it seems more inevitable that he gets more carries going forward than less. Add that to the fact that he's averaged nearly 100 yds per game thus far, and I'm reasonably happy to have him on my team. That he seems like a guy who's going to be getting about 20 carries a game (in fact, already is getting nearly that many carries) and there aren't that many guys who aren't already identified as studs that get that many looks.

Would I trade anyone good for him? No. Do I think I could trade him for anyone good? Even less likely.

Wow, I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this.

1) I don't know about your league but am I to understand you don't "have the luxury" of adding and dropping players? OK then, if that's the case, then I certainly wouldn't add him.

2) My point has been, all along, that he's already getting more carries than the other guys and is certainly doing more with those carries than the others. Thus, I'm guessing it won't be long before the coaches start wondering if they'd be better off giving some of the carries that Jones is getting 1 yard per carry on and give them to Battle.

In other words, it seems more inevitable that he gets more carries going forward than less. Add that to the fact that he's averaged nearly 100 yds per game thus far, and I'm reasonably happy to have him on my team. That he seems like a guy who's going to be getting about 20 carries a game (in fact, already is getting nearly that many carries) and there aren't that many guys who aren't already identified as studs that get that many looks.

Would I trade anyone good for him? No. Do I think I could trade him for anyone good? Even less likely.

1) -that's right. there lots of different types of leagues, and in some of the more serious, larger money leagues, you cannot simply drop a player.

2) - he never got 20 carries a game and broke 100yds against one of the worst run DEF in the league. (he's been in the league 5 years)

-in other words, his role will remain the same, or diminish, against superior rush DEF's gonig forward.

McCluster 4/10

I hate to disagree hook, as you are generally one of the more sensible and very knowledgable huddlers, butI see him as a low end RB2 in a 12 team league, but a must add in any size league and a smart add for saavy owners before KC's bye week. I actually added him in all leagues I'm in and they range from an 8-14 team. It's hard to be down on a guy whose been getting the highest percentage of touches on a run first team especially for a free agent pick :wacko:

I hate to disagree hook, as you are generally one of the more sensible and very knowledgable huddlers, butI see him as a low end RB2 in a 12 team league, but a must add in any size league and a smart add for saavy owners before KC's bye week. I actually added him in all leagues I'm in and they range from an 8-14 team. It's hard to be down on a guy whose been getting the highest percentage of touches on a run first team especially for a free agent pick :wacko:

-you're insight is always helpful to me,and to all serious Huddlers as well,

.......-and i agree 100%- in a 12 team league he's worth a RB2 start....-as long as i have the option to drop... i just think he plays a limited role moving forward.(see above).

Edited by hooknladder

:tup:

I have no choice but to roll with Jackie this week and probably several weeks to come ... my starters last week were McGahee and Ingram :rofl:

Me too buddy me too!! :rofl:

Let's hope for an epic run that the majority claims helped them to their respective Championships! :lol:

:wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

:wacko:

I have no choice but to roll with Jackie this week and probably several weeks to come ... my starters last week were McGahee and Ingram :tup:

I'm starting him in 2 leagues. One where scoring is skewed towards rushing yards over receiving yards and allows 2 Flex (so you put in 2 RBs there if you can). The other where I've got Turner on the bye, so he moves into my flex spot over whomever I have less faith in between Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon.

I'm certainly not expecting the world, but if he can get me 8 or so points, I'll be happy with that.

:wacko: i think we drafted the same rbs

I dropped Dwill earlier and I rolled with McGahee and Ingram last week

Yeah I cut DWill loose earlier in the year ....

I also cut Daniel Thomas after week 1 ... for awhile I thought that was a mistake ...

I have Shonn Greene + James Starks and just picked up Michael Bush

Note - I didn't draft McGahee ... he was a free agent acquisition

Anyone hoping that Battle gets more carries needs to remember that Todd Haley is the same guy who kept feeding Thomas Jones when Jamaal Charles was clearly the better runner. No reason to expect Haley to do the logical thing and give the more effective runner more carries.