[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two Starters / Same Team

SecondString

I've heard a couple of different theories on having two weekly starters on the same team, am interested in hearing any strategy thoughts pertaining to this. I own both Jermichael Finley and Greg Jennings in a league that has only 8 starting spots and two bench spots, so I have started and will continue to start them pretty much every week.

Thoughts? Over the long haul, is this an inherent disadvantage, or not too significant an impact?

I've heard a couple of different theories on having two weekly starters on the same team, am interested in hearing any strategy thoughts pertaining to this. I own both Jermichael Finley and Greg Jennings in a league that has only 8 starting spots and two bench spots, so I have started and will continue to start them pretty much every week.

Thoughts? Over the long haul, is this an inherent disadvantage, or not too significant an impact?

With the way Rodgers is playing, I think it's great to have both starting. He's throwing 3 TD's a week, so you should be getting at least 1 TD between them a week. Lower ceiling than having guys on different teams but more consistent points.

In the long haul, no difference.

With the way Rodgers is playing, I think it's great to have both starting. He's throwing 3 TD's a week, so you should be getting at least 1 TD between them a week. Lower ceiling than having guys on different teams but more consistent points.

In the long haul, no difference.

I am starting Fitz and Fred Jackson in one of my main leagues....it has worked out well so far.

I love the HOOK-UP, especially in our local league the way the rules are set. The longer the TD the more points you score, I have Rodgers and Jennings and when they hook-up for a 35 yarder it is a TOTAL of seven plus the QB- every 40 yards WR- every 20 yards one point per.. If it is a 5 yarder its ONE point apiece.. A midrange score in the local is around 50 points total (2 QB, 3 RB,3WR 1 flex).. Now another league I am in the scores can reach 150 EASY and 200 doesn't mean you win each week.. Since our local has been around since '93 I am more fond of the scoring system.. The REAL bitch about it is Jamall Charles breaks a 78 yard run but he gets tackled at the TWO!!! A 14 point play just turned into a one point plunge.. Thats the breaks

ANYWAY, Doing 2 players from the same team is not all that bad unless you draft a bunch of Dolphins , and I have been a fan since the 70's

I am statrting Ryan and Jones. I am also starting Finley and Nelson. In games that SHOULD be a shoot out, I try to get in as many players as possible. If I could, I would start and all Falcons/Packers squad this week.

Start the players you think will score the most.

This. If they are the players on your tea at their respective positions that you think will score the most points, you start them.

There is no inherent advantage or disadvantage to it.

Some argue that you increase risk as if a team gets shut down you have two players on that team, but that is a fallacious line of reasoning, as if you thought there was a chance of the team getting skunked, you likely wouldn't be starting multiple players from the offense.

I rarely pay attention...if I think they're the best, they're in. Sometimes it's only later when I'm looking over the starting times of my guys vs. my opponent's (an odd quirk I've picked up along the way) do I realize I've started two from the same team.