[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scott Walker gets mic checked

WaterMan

Yes, I have the gall to speak the truth. Even if that means not agreeing with the politics of the leaders of my Church. I'm sure you wouldn't understand the nuance between faith and politics and how I can very easily disagree with any political statement the Catholic Chruch makes without in any way compromising my faith. That kind of thinking is a bit too subtle for someone like you.

Wow....just wow. :wacko:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho wis it that a group of people claiming that they are fed up with the government can only propose solutions that require more bigger and better government?

The key assumption here is that the more and better government solution is aligned with your ideology. It is then okay for the government to wield a lot of power because they're doing things you agree with. The problem, of course, is that the people in control of the powerful government don't end up ideologically aligned with you for long (either from their stance changing once they have power, or, in the case of the US, the people/parties in charge changing in relatively short periods of time), and then you have a giant, powerful government working against what you believe in, with very little way to ever scale it back.

The key assumption here is that the more and better government solution is aligned with your ideology. It is then okay for the government to wield a lot of power because they're doing things you agree with. The problem, of course, is that the people in control of the powerful government don't end up ideologically aligned with you for long (either from their stance changing once they have power, or, in the case of the US, the people/parties in charge changing in relatively short periods of time), and then you have a giant, powerful government working against what you believe in, with very little way to ever scale it back.

well, they can always go to the old standby....hang out in the park, play bongos, antagonize cops and wallow in their own schit. :wacko:

Editor's note: The following letter was sent to Governor Scott Walker by State Senator Tim Carpenter (D-Milwaukee), who has constituents in Greenfield.

Dear Governor Walker,

The Special Legislative Session that you called for job creation has adjourned and gone home. The bills passed by the legislature in this session appear notable in one respect: they are not crafted to create jobs.

A bill passed that lowers the interest rate paid by a company that incurs a legal judgment against it; this bill does not create jobs. A bill passed that helps companies avoid paying taxes they owe; this bill does not create jobs. A bill passed that limits a consumer and small business owner’s ability to seek legal redress against a bad person or company; this bill does not create jobs.

Our work is not done; we still may have our jobs but folks back in my district do not, and I ask that you call the legislature back into Special Session to finish the job.

There are bills that have not been brought to a vote before the legislature that would increase access to capital for small businesses, providing additional tax credits to encourage investments in dairy manufacturing and meat and food processing, boosting funding for worker training bills to help retain existing businesses. These bills would create jobs and we should pass them.

Businesses say they want to hire workers, but can’t find enough skilled workers. However, the leadership in the legislature has not acted on bills to create grants for technical colleges that enroll students for specific projects, such as welding work or infrastructure repair. Another proposal would create the Wisconsin Agriculture Corps, which would connect young people with farm work. These bills would create jobs and we should pass them.

I stand ready to return to the Senate to work to pass legislation that has as its purpose to get Wisconsin back to work.

Best Wishes,

Tim Carpenter

State Senator

You know, the funny thing is, I'm one of the few long-timers here that doesn't dismiss you as a kook and crap on your threads. I tend to agree with a lot of what you say. But in my opinion this is not the voice of the people finally being heard. I'm not pro-politician. I'm pro-liberty. And these dicks clearly don't give a flying burrito about liberty in the slightest. Do you really think that this message has NEVER had a medium? Do you really think that shouting down opposing opinions is an effective way to pursuade people to believe what you believe?

I honestly don't know enough about OWS to know their gameplan. What I do know is that at the very least, OWS is forcing awareness which is all I can ask for. More people will hopefully start researching the complexities of fractional banking and the evils of central banks and hopefully come to the accurate conclusion that these scumbags are the SOLE reason the world is near financial collapse. That's all I'm hoping for. Like I said earlier, I'm certain they don't have a viable solution (I also don't know enough about their movement) but if they get people to start asking questions that's a good thing. I'm not sure how effective this particular protest was but it couldn't hurt is all I'm saying.

BTW, I never accused you of being a flamer (nttawwt) - I was asking serious questions.

Anytime you have enough people fed up with what's going on, I'm sure you're going to see an organized disfunction of how to handle it. I outlined how to make change in past threads. The simple solution is non-compliance - although carrying it out may not end simply.

The people of Wisconsin elected Walker to deliver this hard message. The OWS are petulant children throwing a tantrum, closing their eyes and plugging their ears while they shout LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

How is that not the message of the OWS neo-hippies?

That does sound like some crazy long haired hippie that used to run around stirring up trouble a couple thousand years ago. What was his name again?

That does sound like some crazy long haired hippie that used to run around stirring up trouble a couple thousand years ago. What was his name again?

Oh to be sure, many of his followers wanted him to lead a political revolution, and no doubt many were disappointed that he didn't. He had other things in mind though... particularly changing peoples' hearts. That's converting people to give what they have by choice. Not coercing people to give what they have by force. :wacko:

Google Stand Up Chicago and Chicago Teachers Union.

Union battle :wacko:

Let's see here...

Video uploaded by IOccupyFor

At :55 they mention Insulted the 99%

At 1:13 they mention the billionaire Koch Brothers

At 1:25 mention Corporations and bought off politicians (if this is about unions then I assume unions don't have anything to do with buying off politicians??)

At 2:34 they mention the arrest of 300 people at occupy Chicago

At 3:08 they mention the benefit of the 1%

nope nothing at all to do with OWS - why would anyone think that????