[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets vs Broncos

Endzone

Took the Jets -5.5 but feel like it might be a trap game? Any input from you Sharp bettors?

certainly wouldnt call myself a sharp bettor unless sharp means perenial loser but I am teasing the jets to a pick em and under 46

im loving the jets..i took them at -4.5 initially for a small amount...now line is at 6 and i still think jets are the better play......i also think if you are into 10 point teasers this is one of the safest plays getting the jets at +4 (plus your other 2 teams, maybe like the giants and Stl off the top of my head look like a nice play)

the only red flag that really stood out to me was that the consensus is nearly 70% on the jets

certainly wouldnt call myself a sharp bettor unless sharp means perenial loser but I am teasing the jets to a pick em and under 46

Where are you getting that total from? Unless it'd dropped 6 points throughout today (which I guess is entirely possible with 46 seeming a really high total for an NFL game with 2 QBs that don't usually put up huge scores), but it's at 40 now, just low enough to make me think twice.

Also the spread is up to -7 there, so I'm starting to think that Vegas isn't as convinced it's a trap game to sucker people in on NYJ, but wanted people to think it could be close by starting it at 4, knowing full well it would move to at least 7.... Okay, I know that trying to figure out what Vegas is doing is a fool's game, but I had this exact same feeling a few weeks ago when the Broncos played the Lions and the line was only at 3.5..

I would say the difference here is that people have gotten to see that Tebow is prone to struggles, so the line is less likely to "fool" anyone into taking DEN, but I really think this is a ploy to get more people on the side along with his unwaivering fans, because the kid just keeps winning, even if it's ugly, right?

It could well be a trap game, but I really think that it's what they want you to think, so they can get more even money on what could likely be a tough night for Vegas. It's far from a lock with any team favored by 7, but right now I'm planning to take the Jets and not think twice (if I can just pull the trigger first).

Edited by delusions of granduer

He teased it down.

:wacko: That's why my teachers always said "doesn't follow instructions well"...

God bless NFL teasers though... It's not always this easy, but one week recently I did a 9-game one just for fun, and of course hit all 8 before Baltimore sucked it up in the night game... DEfinitely the way to go with NFL bets. You can really clean house by picking on the weak spots when you get a 6-7 point cushion.

(ETA: and yeah, getting the Jets as a pick em. I'll take that all day if I can find a few more to tease with it)

Edited by delusions of granduer