[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets/Broncos Game Thread

Rovers

did someone say bad passer??? 'skins fans will gladly trade you one john beck for a tebow (i.e., winner), any day (and, i've never been much of a tebow fan, either, but much less of a grossman/beck fan!)...lol

Rex Grossman took the Bears to the Super Bowl -- does that make him a winner? :wacko:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly, the Bronco defense deserves as much credit for those wins as anyone. They're playing some damn good football. However, it was Tebow who took the team 95 yards in the closing moments for the win. Not a short field due to the defense, but 95 yards. I don't think I'd say "in spite of".

How well was the Broncos offense performing for the previous 55 minutes? :wacko:

Tebow is magical in a close game, and has found ways to pull them out. He is very fortunate to have the defense score a TD for them that kept the game close last night.

However, he is also directly responsibile for a lot of the offensive ineptitute that REQUIRES him to win in the closing seconds. If ya want the credit, then ya get the criticism too. If he was halfway competent at throwing the ball then they dont need a magical drive at the end becasue they are protecting a lead.

How well was the Broncos offense performing for the previous 55 minutes? :wacko:

Tebow is magical in a close game, and has found ways to pull them out. He is very fortunate to have the defense score a TD for them that kept the game close last night.

However, he is also directly responsibile for a lot of the offensive ineptitute that REQUIRES him to win in the closing seconds. If ya want the credit, then ya get the criticism too. If he was halfway competent at throwing the ball then they dont need a magical drive at the end becasue they are protecting a lead.

I've tried to back off of the Tebow criticism, because honestly it's beating a dead horse, but when he ran for that TD, the only thing going through my mind was "Man, we're never going to hear the end of this"... And that's pretty much what it's gotten to. There's no more debate over his shortcomings as a passer, but as long as he continues to win in spite of incredibly ugly performances, then somehow it's wrong to say he's been awful most of the time?

You're absolutely correct in your assessment. Maybe he does manage to make the D play better, but assuming their playing a more competent QB than Sanchez, can you really expect the defense to get you a pick 6 every week to keep you close enough to win it? And being great for 5 minutes does not erase the 55 minutes where you forced your team to have come back from behind and make stops.... If he needs 2+ scores in the fourth quarter instead of 1 good drive, then who's confident that he can bring you back? At some point you have to take the lead early, because no QB is going to come from behind every week...

It really is hard to even criticize too much though, because it's such an enigma how a guy who can't break 100 yards all game can turn it on and put on those late-game heroics... But if Billy wants me to go into that other dumb thread and eat crow, then not a chance... Nobody's said with 100% certainty that he can't make it in the NFL, just that he has glaring issues he may not ever overcome, so I don't know what we can really say we've been wrong about... He still looks terrible for 55 minutes of the game, and it's only likely to get worse as team's recommit to stopping the option that had disappeared from the NFL. If Paul Johnson's triple-option worked in the NFL, then well, he'd be coaching in the NFL by now too...

not to sound like a hater, i like Tebow and I think what he's doing is awesome. but he still sucks man :wacko: Jets are stinky right now and after losing both their RB's all they are left with is a Defense. Sanchez has no confidence in throwing the ball and Rex Ryan wants to keep the ground and pound strategy with both of his RB's hurt. Tebow does have tremendous heart and I respect the guy, but I don't think this gameplan is gonna work forever. Sooner or later he's gonna have to learn to throw the ball. jus my 2 cents tho

maybe he just can't sustain this level of intensity for a whole game. either his body can't or he gets physically exhausted or maybe mentally shuts down. their whole gameplan could be keeping it close until pulling out the real playbook for a two minute drill.

I wonder if there isn't some truth being exhausted. I watched the end of the game tonight because I had fallen asleep during the massive boredom before the exciting finish. After the game winning TD, Tebow was really breathing hard for a long time. More like he had just run 100 yards, not just 20. Yes I know the air is thin in Denver, but usually the home team players are more acclimated to that.

Or maybe it was from the masive celebration he did afterwards running around yelling and screaming like he had just won the SB.

One more thing, I was watching somebody on NFLN today (forget who) and they were saying that the Broncos need to build the team around Tebow, get better defensive players so they can play with a lead all the time and never really be down by much, then they can be really successful. I guess he figures a 3-0 lead through most of the game should be enough :wacko:

I wonder if there isn't some truth being exhausted. I watched the end of the game tonight because I had fallen asleep during the massive boredom before the exciting finish. After the game winning TD, Tebow was really breathing hard for a long time. More like he had just run 100 yards, not just 20. Yes I know the air is thin in Denver, but usually the home team players are more acclimated to that.

Or maybe it was from the masive celebration he did afterwards running around yelling and screaming like he had just won the SB.

One more thing, I was watching somebody on NFLN today (forget who) and they were saying that the Broncos need to build the team around Tebow, get better defensive players so they can play with a lead all the time and never really be down by much, then they can be really successful. I guess he figures a 3-0 lead through most of the game should be enough :wacko:

Of course he was tired. Carrying the hopes of millions would wear anybody down.

If Revis would have attacked and tackled Tebow rather than still covering his man while Tebow was far beyond the line of scrimmage, the Jets win.

It was eerie to see Revis frozen in place like a pillar of salt as the righteous and just Lot er Tebowwent with the angels of the Lord ran the ball into the endzone.