[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shotguns

nuke'em ttg

A cheap Remington 870 Express can be had for $300 or so, will handle 3" shells (in 12 gauge) but it's one heavy club of a shotgun. There's some import over/unders in the same price range that are frankly better guns. The check for the feds is now instant, but mileage can vary by state.

A cheap Remington 870 Express can be had for $300 or so, will handle 3" shells (in 12 gauge) but it's one heavy club of a shotgun. There's some import over/unders in the same price range that are frankly better guns. The check for the feds is now instant, but mileage can vary by state.

Ok, so up here Schells is a overpriced sports store, are they cheaper at a pawn shop. I know the pawn prices for tools are a total joke, pos old circular saw is 180 :wacko:

I bought this one a few years ago after doing quite a bit of research: http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=5

It's comparable to the Remington 870 but a little cheaper and got very good reviews.

In action:

and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMSUu1HnVo...feature=related

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I like the Remington 870 for a good reliable cheap shotgun. I've got one in the gun safe up at work 5 feet from desk. I mainly have it up there because the gun safe at the house is full, but if I needed a gun for any reason at work, I'd grab it. I've hunted with an 870 for probably 25 years or so. I just recently traded up.

Yep, I got a Remington 870for home protection (gotta love the ca-chink sound of pump shotgun to scare a crook away) and turkeys, and I got no complaints, considering I paid less than $200 for it used..

I've heard good things about the Mossbergs too for the price (and some of them look pretty sweet), but the good thing about a Remington that I learned with my low-end 30/30, is that if you go to sell it, you might even find a guy at a pawn shop that just sees the Remington name and will give you what you paid for it (true story, and he even said he could give me more if 30/30's were popular then. I was like "Deal" :wacko:)

Edited by delusions of granduer

Ok, so up here Schells is a overpriced sports store, are they cheaper at a pawn shop. I know the pawn prices for tools are a total joke, pos old circular saw is 180 :wacko:

If you know of Schells, you may have heard of Almans. Been a customer for 20 years now, top notch gunsmiths too.