[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Paterno is at death's door

Menudo

After reading through this thread you would think that it was Paterno ass banging those kids

Well, if he knew about it, and didn't do enough to stop it, then it pretty much might as well have been his dick. And I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings or the feelings of the Paterno family or the Penn State Institution. :wacko:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe because of the kind of work I do, I'm more sensitive to the issue.

I've seen the long-term damage to individuals who are sexually abused. maybe I know the signs/symptoms of an abuser--I certainly know them better than JoePa did. I've never been in a position where a friend/colleague was abusing children. I believe that if I was in that position, I would immediately go to the police. I would not follow some arbitrary chain of command. I would have gone to the police--immediately. Again, this is because I know the long-term damage that can be done to a child who suffers such trauma.

Again, this is because I know the long-term damage that can be done to a child who suffers such trauma.

So you're saying that you would have to have in depth knowledge about child abuse in order to be smart enough to report it to the police? I think you're giving yourself a little too much credit. :wacko:

Don't you all feel better now that you've had a chance to anonymously spew forth vitriol about something that you only marginally know about? After reading through this thread you would think that it was Paterno ass banging those kids based on the hatred being shoveled out by you blowhards. This is low, even for you guys. But hey, let's not let good taste and the truth get in the way of a good pile on.

Just we're clear here, I do not in any way advocate nor apologize for the behavior of anyone involved in this mess.

right, you don't advocate or apologize for the behavior, you just throw bombs at anyone who calls it out for what it was. gotcha.

I agree this may not be the best time to rehash this stuff, but menudo comes right out of the gate trying to minimize paterno's role in what took place, and that just chaps a lot of peoples' hides. because goddammit, his role in allowing this horrible evil to take place and fester was far from insignificant. that is obvious to anyone without overpowering prior allegiances.

if it was an RIP and left at that, none of this back and forth would be necessary.

right, you don't advocate or apologize for the behavior, you just throw bombs at anyone who calls it out for what it was. gotcha.

I agree this may not be the best time to rehash this stuff, but menudo comes right out of the gate trying to minimize paterno's role in what took place, and that just chaps a lot of peoples' hides. because goddammit, his role in allowing this horrible evil to take place and fester was far from insignificant. that is obvious to anyone without overpowering prior allegiances.

if it was an RIP and left at that, none of this back and forth would be necessary.

:wacko:

If Menudo had posted a simple RIP, do you really think none of this thread would have happened? That's a tad naive, I think.

Someone would absolutely have let us know that they thought Joe Pa was a POS. That much I can guarantee.

If Menudo had posted a simple RIP, do you really think none of this thread would have happened? That's a tad naive, I think.

well, I just know I personally had no desire whatsoever to say anything at all about him until I read menudo's heartfelt, but factually ridiculous, list of excuses, rationalizations, weak defenses and minimizations of his actions in the sandusky scandal. that alone changed my own posture from one of sympathy to one of contention, because I just don't think what he did (and failed to do) is defensible.

Edited by Azazello1313

Don't you all feel better now that you've had a chance to anonymously spew forth vitriol about something that you only marginally know about? After reading through this thread you would think that it was Paterno ass banging those kids based on the hatred being shoveled out by you blowhards. This is low, even for you guys. But hey, let's not let good taste and the truth get in the way of a good pile on.

Just we're clear here, I do not in any way advocate nor apologize for the behavior of anyone involved in this mess. There have been some very relevant criticisms leveled against individuals and the institution in this thread. I'm just as sure that once you're all done having your fun at Penn State's and the Paterno family's expense, you'll turn your back on this, only choosing to remember that you hate everything ever done by the institution and those associated with it because of essentially the actions of one twisted individual and the fallout from them.

Dumb post of the year. Truly dumb. You either can't read or are just truly an idiot. Let's hope you can't read. :wacko:

well, I just know I personally had no desire whatsoever to say anything at all about him until I read menudo's heartfelt, but factually ridiculous, list of excuses, rationalizations, weak defenses and minimizations of his actions in the sandusky scandal. that alone changed my own posture from one of sympathy to one of contention, because I just don't think what he did (and failed to do) is defensible.

Exactly. And why would anyone that believes this guy was also responsible for the pain of these kids hope that he rests in peace. Sorry. I hope he rots in hell.

hey cid, oh enlightened one, there's a gob of published testimony from the investigation, including from paterno himself. i suggest you read it. with all that in the public domain, people are hardly commenting on something they know little about ...

So you're saying that you would have to have in depth knowledge about child abuse in order to be smart enough to report it to the police? I think you're giving yourself a little too much credit. :wacko:

either you are intentionally misreading what I wrote or you are not as smart as you think you are.

Exactly. And why would anyone that believes this guy was also responsible for the pain of these kids hope that he rests in peace. Sorry. I hope he rots in hell.

You KC are going a little overboard, don't ya think?

Hell, I was going to stay out of it even then. Only after a day of this plus hearing BS from dudes on the radio, reminding me that I shouldn't let one mistake tarnish the legacy of a great man and blah, blah, blah could I not take it any more.

Hell, I was going to stay out of it even then. Only after a day of this plus hearing BS from dudes on the radio, reminding me that I shouldn't let one mistake tarnish the legacy of a great man and blah, blah, blah could I not take it any more.

Last night on the way home from work here in the Burgh it was brutal. Lots of people in denial here. Sickening. They refuse to even think it was possible for him to have a role in this. Total joke. Just read my post where he says he liked to handle things on his own and no one needed to hear about it.

Last night on the way home from work here in the Burgh it was brutal. Lots of people in denial here. Sickening. They refuse to even think it was possible for him to have a role in this. Total joke. Just read my post where he says he liked to handle things on his own and no one needed to hear about it.

Stream 670thescore out of Chicago if you want to hear the opposite. Especially in the afternoon. They tear him a new one.

Stream 670thescore out of Chicago if you want to hear the opposite. Especially in the afternoon. They tear him a new one.

Believe it or not, I don't want to hear any of it. That's the point. This should not be about Joe and whether he is a victim. Joe's legacy would be better served if his defenders would just shut up. People forget certain things over time. There will always be the haters(I for one will always despise him), but the middle of the road peoplewould calm down if the defenders would ease up.

maybe because of the kind of work I do, I'm more sensitive to the issue.

I've seen the long-term damage to individuals who are sexually abused. maybe I know the signs/symptoms of an abuser--I certainly know them better than JoePa did. I've never been in a position where a friend/colleague was abusing children. I believe that if I was in that position, I would immediately go to the police. I would not follow some arbitrary chain of command. I would have gone to the police--immediately. Again, this is because I know the long-term damage that can be done to a child who suffers such trauma.

fortunately for me I don't really know the signs/symptoms and I'm not familiar with the long term damage..though I can imagine. But I still would've gone directly to the police :wacko:

But I still would've gone directly to the police :wacko:

This is pretty much the part of the lynch mob mentality that bugs me. You guys do know he went to straight to the only police department he could that had jurisdiction. You guys do know that, right?

His fault was not going to the State Police later when he saw no action be taken by the department that had local jurisdiction, and not to follow-up with his superiors by asking "what the frack is going on here". But to say he didn't go straight to the police is just flat-out false.