[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mcfadden on the Block?

Jackass

:wacko:

Oakland Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie has been busy since he took office, cleaning house throughout the coaching staff -- including head coach Hue Jackson. Will we see something similar with the roster once the league year begins?

It's not a completely bizarre idea. Though the team does have some solid cornerstone players on the roster, everybody's got a price. In fact, one prominent reporter thinks that McKenzie might see what he can get in trade for one of them.

In response to a tweeted question regarding the GM trying to trade players for draft picks this offseason, Steve Corkran of the Bay Area News Group replied that yes, this may happen; moreover, star tailback Darren McFadden is the team's "best bargaining chip."

Until we learn where Oakland's compensatory pick for losing players like Nnamdi Asomugha and Robert Gallery last offseason will be, their first pick is No. 13 of the fifth round. By trading McFadden -- the oft-injured but explosive when healthy RB -- the idea would be to recoup some draft capital in the earlier rounds. This may largely depend on their ability to re-sign Michael Bush, who is hitting free agency in March.

Expect the Raiders to slap Bush with the FT. The FT numbers for RB's are down from 2011 and 2010. Roughly between $7.7-8 million is all it will cost them. McFadden is extremely unreliable ... I doubt they will get anything above a 3rd rounder for him. But he might be there best best to regain some of the picks lost due to Hugh Jackson and Al. He has 2 years left on his contract with a very manageable $5.6 million 2012/ $5.8 Million 2013 salary.

Edited by tazinib1

while bush was good coming in towards the end of the season, i would think the situation benefited his play style. he clearly slowed down and i think it showed that bush wont be able to produce for a full 16 games.

especially when the defenses are fresh at the beginning of the year instead of 2/3rds of a way into the season

also mcfadden is a liability with the lisfranc, hes going to have to produce before the raiders get what they want from dealing him.

Sadly I could see Al Davis Jr. of my beloved Cowboys trading for McFadden so he could have his wet dream Arkansas backfield...now if only he could add Hillis he'd be in 7th Heaven....but seriously, I bet Jerry Jones would consider it....luckily I think he may have traded away soo many picks of late for busts that maybe he'd be scared off of doing it again soo soon?

KO'd

I believe they could get more than a 3rd for McFadden. He's still young, and when healthy, one of the elite backs of this league.

He's never played more than 13 games in a season, in his career. I called him ToothPick Legs coming out of college for a reason. Sorry bro, but I seriously doubt any GM in the NFL thinks the same as you. If they do, I'll applaud there craziness.

Sadly I could see Al Davis Jr. of my beloved Cowboys trading for McFadden so he could have his wet dream Arkansas backfield...now if only he could add Hillis he'd be in 7th Heaven....but seriously, I bet Jerry Jones would consider it....luckily I think he may have traded away soo many picks of late for busts that maybe he'd be scared off of doing it again soo soon?

KO'd

If you get McFadden Browns will trade you Hillis straight up for Murray so Jerry can have the best all Arkansas RB group EVAH!

I follow him on twitter, and to see how a fan question/response turned into McFadden being on the block was interesting. This is nothing more than an internet rumor.

Oh man then you failed. You should have given Rob Lowe some credit!!!!

I know they have a new GM, but i was under the impression that he was less then pleased with the Bears organization

Vincent Jackson hasn't been pleased with San Diego for three straight years. Forte at worst will get a franchise tag. And let's be honest, if Forte was a free agent he'd have his pick of teams to play for... A dysfunctional team with a chaotic locker room isn't going to lure Forte or Manning.

Vincent Jackson hasn't been pleased with San Diego for three straight years. Forte at worst will get a franchise tag. And let's be honest, if Forte was a free agent he'd have his pick of teams to play for... A dysfunctional team with a chaotic locker room isn't going to lure Forte or Manning.

And the FT for RB's is relatively cheap. However, slapping a FT on V.Jax this year will cost the Chargers a mint. Will never happen.

I've read that Vincent Jackson and San Diego are finally getting along and that both want to work out a long term deal.

I've heard the same thing and I strongly believe retaining Jackson was mandatory for him retaining his job. We'll see...