[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chilly to the Browns

loaf

He is supposed to be a quarterback developer. Hard to tell given his work with Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty.

Well he did coach McNabb who had 5 pro bowls under his tenure. And he was the RB coach when Ron Dayne won the Heisman.

I've never been a fan though..maybe if he had some hair and shaved off that ghey stash.

He is supposed to be a quarterback developer. Hard to tell given his work with Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty.

Jackson was at QB for a playoff appearance, then Favre took over.

And JDB was nothing more than a fringe prospect coming out of USC.

Not saying you're wrong, but it's not that cut and dry.

Remember, Chilly was also a Favre brain fart away from the SB.

I think that everything went downhill during the good season the vikes had with Favre was when the team extended Chilly's contract. The team was winning in spite of Chilly and when he got the new deal, the team didn't win as much after that point. I also thought that we did the Pack a favor by not letting chilly leave Minnesota w/o an agreement?

Edited by MikesVikes

TJax rode Gus Frerotte's coattails to that playoff appearance, then looked like a deer in headlights in a home playoff loss. He was the guy Chilly traded up for, hitched his wagon to, and failed to develop.

Favre didn't have 12 guys in the huddle, Chilly did. Chilly was to the success of that team what Trent Dilfer was to the Ravens' Super Bowl win.

Not saying Chilly's not a smart football guy, just that there was no evidence of it during his tenure in Minnesota. Maybe he takes RG3 and develops him like Donovan McNabb. Stranger things have happened.

2V

Offensive Coordinator.

Shurmur says he's still calling plays. Why hire an OC then?

Because Holmgren told him he had to hire an OC. I guess Holmgren didn't tell him that the OC needed to be the play caller.

I hadn't been aware that he never called the plays, and that does bother me some. I guess like all things Cleveland sports, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.