[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Yearly Awards

kpholmes

MVP - Rodgers

OPOY - Brees

DPOY - Suggs

OROY - Newton

DROY - Miller

Coach - Harbaugh

CPOY - Stafford

Read USA Today earlier and their experts had it pegged minus the Stafford pick. I think one guy picked Stafford and the other had Alex Smith in that spot.

Brees made a late push for MVP but getting the OPOY is a good "second place prize". Newton's numbers were enough to push him past Dalton for the OROY. Harbaugh was a no-brainer.

Read USA Today earlier and their experts had it pegged minus the Stafford pick. I think one guy picked Stafford and the other had Alex Smith in that spot.

Brees made a late push for MVP but getting the OPOY is a good "second place prize". Newton's numbers were enough to push him past Dalton for the OROY. Harbaugh was a no-brainer.

Agreed - not a lot of surprises here. A lot of people don't like the Stafford pick because he hasn't really "come back" to playing at an elite level, so much has he's finally gotten over the injury bug and started playing at that level.

Rodgers won MVP 48-2.

Agreed - not a lot of surprises here. A lot of people don't like the Stafford pick because he hasn't really "come back" to playing at an elite level, so much has he's finally gotten over the injury bug and started playing at that level.

Rodgers won MVP 48-2.

Yeah, that's what they talked about in their predictions piece; should they vote for a guy coming back from injury (Stafford) or a guy coming back from sucking (Smith)? I kind of thought another Smith (Steve) deserved some consideration too. But of course, it was the emergence of Cam Newton that brought him back.

Stafford put up sick numbers, Smith was a game manager on a team based on defense and running the ball. Stafford deserved the award.

wow

I think if it were weighted like Heisman voting, it wouldn't have been quite the landslide - Rodgers was pretty clearly The Man for a large chunk of the year, but Brees was also clearly not all that far behind him, either. But with the one vote system, it looks a lot more lopsided than it probably was.

I wonder how close Jared Allen was to Suggs...and I also wonder if Allen got that 1 more sack how the vote would have turned out.

Along with the 22 sacks, Allen had solid top 5 or better numbers in forced fumbles, fumble recoveries and knocked down passes along with pretty solid tackle numbers for a non-linebacker position.

It could be that the influencing number he couldn't do much about was ... 3 - 13.

:wacko:

I wonder how close Jared Allen was to Suggs...and I also wonder if Allen got that 1 more sack how the vote would have turned out.

Along with the 22 sacks, Allen had solid top 5 or better numbers in forced fumbles, fumble recoveries and knocked down passes along with pretty solid tackle numbers for a non-linebacker position.

It could be that the influencing number he couldn't do much about was ... 3 - 13.

:wacko:

The 3-13 makes his stats that much more impressive. It's not as if the Vikings opponents were airing it out in the second half of games. Suggs is a monster, but Allen should have won the DPOY running away. Then again, I think they've missed on the DPOY three years running.

The 3-13 makes his stats that much more impressive. It's not as if the Vikings opponents were airing it out in the second half of games. Suggs is a monster, but Allen should have won the DPOY running away. Then again, I think they've missed on the DPOY three years running.

Not only that, there are a few guys on the Ravens defense that you have to account for. Now the Vikings defense on the other hand . . .

For Allen to do what he did while pretty much being the only concern for opposing offenses is pretty remarkable.

I DVR's the awards ceremony. I'm watching it now, and I'm actually enjoying it. Alec Baldwin did a great job, and it is cool to see so many current stars and legends together in the theater. Also, Katherine McPhee and Katy Perry both looked extremely hot !!! :wacko: