[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You GO GIRL!

tazinib1

How many of you would leave your 2nd grader alone in Walmart... or any place for that matter?

I think the majority of us would not. However, the false sense of security that places like WalMarts presents to the public, are perfect hunting ground for these sick Oprahers. This girl knew what to do.

And for all the incidents that go terribly wrong, its nice to see a youngster getting a sick bastard locked up by doing what she was taught to do.

Edited by tazinib1

I think the majority of us would not. However, the false sense of security that places like WalMarts presents to the public, are perfect hunting ground for these sick Oprahers. This girl knew what to do.

And for all the incidents that go terribly wrong, its nice to see a youngster getting a sick bastard locked up by doing what she was taught to do.

I'm very glad the sick bastard got caught & I hope he serves a VERY long and painful prison term. As a parent of two little girls I wish I'd caught the bastard so that I could have beaten the guy to a bloody pulp. God help me if I ever find myself in that kind of situation. It infuriates me though that there are so many parents who just don't watch their kids, knowing that this sort of thing is going on and becoming disturbingly more common. Everywhere I go I see kids running around, doing whatever they want and their parents are nowhere to be found. They make it so damn easy for these sick Oprahers. I know that when we were kids we were allowed to run the streets with no parents around. But in those times, things like this didn't occur very often or if they did it wasn't talked about as much and parents just didn't know. Things are different now and yeah, it sucks that we have to watch our kids like hawks, but Oprah just think of the consequences if you don't. I'm glad this girl got away, but there are so many that don't. She should have never been put in that situation and that, unfortunately, is something that is going to haunt that little 7yo girl for the rest of her life. I hope to God that this at least serves as a wake up call to some parents.

I know that when we were kids we were allowed to run the streets with no parents around. But in those times, things like this didn't occur very often or if they did it wasn't talked about as much and parents just didn't know.

It's hard to find stats on child specific crimes. I know the overall crime rate is currently similar to that of the mid 70s. The low 90s was actually the high water mark for crime in the US. I agree you have to do what you have to do, but in general I feel that many places are safer than what most reasonable parents give them credit for. Doesn't mean I'll probably ever let my kid out of my site, but I don't feel that things like this are increasing in occurrence so much. It's more like our personal awareness of them is increasing.

I'm very glad the sick bastard got caught & I hope he serves a VERY long and painful prison term. As a parent of two little girls I wish I'd caught the bastard so that I could have beaten the guy to a bloody pulp. God help me if I ever find myself in that kind of situation. It infuriates me though that there are so many parents who just don't watch their kids, knowing that this sort of thing is going on and becoming disturbingly more common. Everywhere I go I see kids running around, doing whatever they want and their parents are nowhere to be found. They make it so damn easy for these sick Oprahers. I know that when we were kids we were allowed to run the streets with no parents around. But in those times, things like this didn't occur very often or if they did it wasn't talked about as much and parents just didn't know. Things are different now and yeah, it sucks that we have to watch our kids like hawks, but Oprah just think of the consequences if you don't. I'm glad this girl got away, but there are so many that don't. She should have never been put in that situation and that, unfortunately, is something that is going to haunt that little 7yo girl for the rest of her life. I hope to God that this at least serves as a wake up call to some parents.

+ a billion

It's hard to find stats on child specific crimes. I know the overall crime rate is currently similar to that of the mid 70s. The low 90s was actually the high water mark for crime in the US. I agree you have to do what you have to do, but in general I feel that many places are safer than what most reasonable parents give them credit for. Doesn't mean I'll probably ever let my kid out of my site, but I don't feel that things like this are increasing in occurrence so much. It's more like our personal awareness of them is increasing.

This is probably, hopefully more the case. I do know one big difference also is the mentality of people these days. When I was a kid, everybody in the neighborhood "knew" everybody. Not just our direct neighbor, but the entire area. I could be 30 minutes away from my house on my bike and there would always be someone nearby that I could go to for help if I needed it. I also knew that no matter where I was, if I got outta line then it would get back to my parents. You just don't find many communities like that anymore. People these days move around a lot more, spread out more. Your circle of friends or acquaintances are no longer limited to the folks in your area. You no longer walk to the grocery down the block where you know everyone & everyone knows you. People don't watch out for other people's kids anymore either. It seems like most people couldn't care less what another person's kid is doing and likewise, parents get offended if other people reprimand their kids. For me, it makes me uncomfortable seeing a kid that age wandering alone somewhere and a lot of times I've waited around to see if the parent is close by.

As a boy a grew up in Norman Rockwell's Rural/Suburban America. One did not have to lock the doors at night. You knew all your neighbors for miles around, not that there were all that many. Strangers stood out. It was very safe.

Still, when my kid sister would play at a friend's house me or one of my brothers always had to walk her to and fro. Safety first. We boys had unsupervised run of the place, but not my sister.

One day we were playing ball out back. Out back was maybe 150 yards from the road. My sister was with us but had wondered up close to the road after a time. A strange car pulled up and a stranger, a man, got out ostensibly to ask my five year old sister for directions. We stopped playing ball and started walking towards him. He grabbed my sister by the arm and we started running towards him. Half way between us and the road was the dog house. Our German Shepard, chained to the dog house, saw us running and heard my sister shout for help. The dog took off, pulling its house off of the foundation, dragging it, and eventually splintering it to pieces as she gained steam and speed.

The stranger saw what was coming, released my sister, and got back in his car. By this time the dog was on the hood of his car and had pulled one of his windshield wipers off. As he fumbled with his keys we boys arrived and picking up pieces of the dog house began busting out his windows. He took off, throwing the dog clear, this seemed to excite and anger the dog.

My Mom, having witnessed things from the front window ran out to check on us and then called the cops. You do not want to be exiting a small town with only a few exits while driving a purple Triumph in Country Squire and Pickup territory, at least you do not if you hope to avoid the law. When that Triumph also has the windshield wiper hanging off and has busted windows and a chunk of 2 by 4 hanging off of the side of the front fender by the nails that were holding the dog house together it may be even worse as you are very easy to spot. What you really do not want to do is go down the road from our house which goes right past the cop shop, unfortunately for that Brooklyn Decker there was no other option in the direction he was heading . You also do not want to be getting trailed by one very angry Shepard.

The guy was apprehended. The car was stolen. He had a warrant out already for child abduction. Apparently he resisted arrest, or that was the report. At any rate our neighbor, the Chief of Police, and the several officers who captured him used considerable force in effectuating the arrest. The whole thing was complicated by our dog who really needed to get a taste of the guy. The guy did lose sight in one eye during the fracas and had both wrists, several ribs, a leg, and his collar bone broken. He also had a few puncture wounds before the dog settled its business and the officers got her off of him. When well enough to transport he was shipped back to Illinois were he came from. I often wondered what would have become of him had he been incarcerated in

Waupun rather than down in Illinois. Waupun was notorious for not treating freaks well.

For a few years after that my sister was not allowed out without the dog by her side. That dog always did think my sister was its pup. She was very protective.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

As a boy a grew up in Norman Rockwell's Rural/Suburban America. One did not have to lock the doors at night. You knew all your neighbors for miles around, not that there were all that many. Strangers stood out. It was very safe.

Still, when my kid sister would play at a friend's house me or one of my brothers always had to walk her to and fro. Safety first. We boys had unsupervised run of the place, but not my sister.

One day we were playing ball out back. Out back was maybe 150 yards from the road. My sister was with us but had wondered up close to the road after a time. A strange car pulled up and a stranger, a man, got out ostensibly to ask my five year old sister for directions. We stopped playing ball and started walking towards him. He grabbed my sister by the arm and we started running towards him. Half way between us and the road was the dog house. Our German Shepard, chained to the dog house, saw us running and heard my sister shout for help. The dog took off, pulling its house off of the foundation, dragging it, and eventually splintering it to pieces as she gained steam and speed.

The stranger saw what was coming, released my sister, and got back in his car. By this time the dog was on the hood of his car and had pulled one of his windshield wipers off. As he fumbled with his keys we boys arrived and picking up pieces of the dog house began busting out his windows. He took off, throwing the dog clear, this seemed to excite and anger the dog.

My Mom, having witnessed things from the front window ran out to check on us and then called the cops. You do not want to be exiting a small town with only a few exits while driving a purple Triumph in Country Squire and Pickup territory, at least you do not if you hope to avoid the law. When that Triumph also has the windshield wiper hanging off and has busted windows and a chunk of 2 by 4 hanging off of the side of the front fender by the nails that were holding the dog house together it may be even worse as you are very easy to spot. What you really do not want to do is go down the road from our house which goes right past the cop shop, unfortunately for that Brooklyn Decker there was no other option in the direction he was heading . You also do not want to be getting trailed by one very angry Shepard.

The guy was apprehended. The car was stolen. He had a warrant out already for child abduction. Apparently he resisted arrest, or that was the report. At any rate our neighbor, the Chief of Police, and the several officers who captured him used considerable force in effectuating the arrest. The whole thing was complicated by our dog who really needed to get a taste of the guy. The guy did lose sight in one eye during the fracas and had both wrists, several ribs, a leg, and his collar bone broken. He also had a few puncture wounds before the dog settled its business and the officers got her off of him. When well enough to transport he was shipped back to Illinois were he came from. I often wondered what would have become of him had he been incarcerated in

Waupun rather than down in Illinois. Waupun was notorious for not treating freaks well.

For a few years after that my sister was not allowed out without the dog by her side. That dog always did think my sister was its pup. She was very protective.

:wacko: