[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone gotta problem with this?

SEC=UGA

When growing up, I played shortstop. In order to help me learn to not be afraid of the ball and to teach me how to keep the ball in front of me with my body, the old man would occasionall tie my hands behind my back and slap grounders my way. 33 years later I still see it as quality time with my Dad but I understand why the neighbors called the cops.

Man, I'm glad my dad moved away instead of being cruel like that.

When growing up, I played shortstop. In order to help me learn to not be afraid of the ball and to teach me how to keep the ball in front of me with my body, the old man would occasionall tie my hands behind my back and slap grounders my way. 33 years later I still see it as quality time with my Dad but I understand why the neighbors called the cops.

If I missed one due to a bad hop in the infield, my dad put out cigarettes on my back.

"She was crying in the principal's office at Creekside Elementary before police arrived Friday. The report says when the officer tried to calm the child, she resisted."

I'll say it again: If you can't control a six-year old, you shouldn't be a police officer teacher parent person with kids.

If you people seriously can't come up with a list of ways to mollify a six-year old girl throwing a temper tantrum that doesn't involve handcuffing them, then I don't know what to tell you people. It was probably a gut decision by the cop, and it's probably going to result in a lawsuit much larger than if they had just placed their hands on her shoulder and told her what was what.

Seems to work just as well... because police officers are the only ones who cannot control a child.

Perhaps you would enlighten as as to how you would handlke the situation?

Yeah. This is what I had asked for too. I want to know how to control an out of control kid without handling them in any way shape or form because IMO the cop was damned if he did and damned if he didnt

Edited by whomper

Yeah. This is what I had asked for too. I want to know how to control an out of control kid without handling them in any way shape or form because IMO the cop was damned if he did and damned if he didnt

Maybe so. I just have a really hard time believing that handcuffing a six-year old is the only way to have actually handled a situation not involving weapons. I'm glad to see that so many others of you feel like it's an acceptable option for adults to handle unruly children in that manner.

Maybe so. I just have a really hard time believing that handcuffing a six-year old is the only way to have actually handled a situation not involving weapons. I'm glad to see that so many others of you feel like it's an acceptable option for adults to handle unruly children in that manner.

Granted I don't have kids, but I'm not understanding the outrage over handcuffing a child that is going nuts, throwing things, knocking over furniture and had already injured someone. It would seem that she needed to be physically restrained, and handcuffs are pretty effective for that purpose.

She injured someone... Anything can be used as a weapon, and that includes throwing things... I can assure you that if you did the same, you'd be charged as if you were using a weapon...

I guess I'm just not seeing the outrage that it was so traumatic or cruel that she just got handcuffed when she wouldn't calm down.... Like I said above, there are far outrageous manners for the police to "restrain" someone.

I have some direct knowledge regarding young hoodlums in schools. My wife is a school teacher. She did 4 years of high school special education in Mathematics. She started to get burned out by the end of last year. She transferred into a 2nd grade class(NOT SPECIAL EDUCATION).

First day of school.... 9:15am, 7yr boy old CHIPS AHOY!s his pants on purpose. Says to her" I just CHIPS AHOY! myself, so can I go home now?" - they got him new clothes - 12:30pm - "Hey teacher, I just CHIPS AHOY! out my lunch, now can I go home?"

It took 3 weeks to get him out of the classroom due to a paper trail that was ridiculous.

Now they are making a paper trail on a kid that has threatened to stab scissors into another childs throat because he doesn't like him. The assistant principle spends 1-2 hours a day in her classroom with him or takes him out if he's going overboard.

Last week a 3rd grader went on a rampage thru the school and they couldn't detain him without causing him bodily harm, so they called the police once he got out to the playground area . COPS rolled in 5 cars deep.

Each case is different, but you can't say handcuffs aren't necessary in certain situations.

Personally, I'd go out of my SNICKERSing mind if I found out another child threatened my kid with a scissors to the throat. But hey, let's wait till the injury occurs and then handcuff the kid.

just my opinion

Edited by Woodside Warriors

You still haven't actually given us an example.

You could shake the sh!t outta them. Kinda like with wimmen.

Is 6 old enough where they won't go cross-eyed and retarded if you shake 'em?

I have some direct knowledge regarding young hoodlums in schools. My wife is a school teacher. She did 4 years of high school special education in Mathematics. She started to get burned out by the end of last year. She transferred into a 2nd grade class(NOT SPECIAL EDUCATION).

First day of school.... 9:15am, 7yr boy old CHIPS AHOY!s his pants on purpose. Says to her" I just CHIPS AHOY! myself, so can I go home now?" - they got him new clothes - 12:30pm - "Hey teacher, I just CHIPS AHOY! out my lunch, now can I go home?"

It took 3 weeks to get him out of the classroom due to a paper trail that was ridiculous.

Now they are making a paper trail on a kid that has threatened to stab scissors into another childs throat because he doesn't like him. The assistant principle spends 1-2 hours a day in her classroom with him or takes him out if he's going overboard.

Last week a 3rd grader went on a rampage thru the school and they couldn't detain him without causing him bodily harm, so they called the police once he got out to the playground area . COPS rolled in 5 cars deep.

Each case is different, but you can't say handcuffs aren't necessary in certain situations.

Personally, I'd go out of my SNICKERSing mind if I found out another child threatened my kid with a scissors to the throat. But hey, let's wait till the injury occurs and then handcuff the kid.

just my opinion

What the hell is going on?

There are any number of ways that a six-year old girl in a private room can be controlled, subdued, and mollified by adults that don't involve an excessive action by a police officer. Am I really that off base with an opinion here? :shrug:

Put your damn foot down and use a tone of voice that scares the crap out of Jesus. Everyone has one of those and every child will respond to it. How about putting your large-sized adult hands on the six-year old kid's shoulders and explain to her a few things. And don't tell me I'm naive and everyone is going to get sued and rant about the homosexual agenda that currently runs through the elementary schools in America today. This police department, and school system, likely opened themselves up to a much larger court settlement with this response.

Like I said to begin with, and really, my only point, if you can't deal with a six-year old girl throwing a temper tantrum without restraining her in handcuffs, then you probably shouldn't be a police officer. I'm not sure there's anything with this story, or any irrelevant extrapolation produced in this thread, that's going to sway me.

I'm not absolving the parents of responsibility for their child's behavior at all, or even disregarding the difficult situations teachers can find themselves in with children like this, or even condemning law enforcement for dealing with a situation they probably weren't properly prepared to deal with.

Edited by godtomsatan

There are any number of ways that a six-year old girl in a private room can be controlled, subdued, and mollified by adults that don't involve an excessive action by a police officer. Am I really that off base with an opinion here? :shrug: Put your damn foot down and use a tone of voice that scares the crap out of Jesus. Everyone has one of those and every child will respond to it. How about putting your large-sized adult hands on the six-year old kid's shoulders and explain to her a few things. And don't tell me I'm naive and everyone is going to get sued and rant about the homosexual agenda that currently runs through the elementary schools in America today. This police department, and school system, likely opened themselves up to a much larger court settlement with this response. Like I said to begin with, and really, my only point, if you can't deal with a six-year old girl throwing a temper tantrum without restraining her in handcuffs, then you probably shouldn't be a police officer. I'm not sure there's anything with this story, or any irrelevant extrapolation produced in this thread, that's going to sway me. I'm not absolving the parents of responsibility for their child's behavior at all, or even disregarding the difficult situations teachers can find themselves in with children like this, or even condemning law enforcement for dealing with a situation they probably weren't properly prepared to deal with.
You obviously know litlle about parenting and less about being a cop. The cop was called because admin of the school can not put their hands on her shoulders as you suggest or even yell loudly as you also suggested. After the poor innocent six year old injured a school official the only protocol was to call the police. When Police arrived she was chewing on the effn doorknob and was beligerant at best. Handcuffing her was the right proceedure after she wouldn't calm down, after repeated attempts. The Tool Sheds that are her parents are certainly at most fault here. Hancuffing her was actually the least excessive way to subdue her. Edited by Hugh B Tool
  • Like 1

You obviously do.

True dat. I have three kids that will tell you right now they wouldn't act that way because they learned early what lines not to cross. They learned it at home, before they could go out and cause hate and discontent just because of mood swings. And I have more than three relatives and friends in law enforcement that would agree with the officers tactics in this case. I am also a very firm believer in making would be parents getting some type of licensing before taking kids home and parenting them to be the classless, rude, out of control brat that this poor misunderstood girl is. Morals and manners begin at home.

So no answers, just criticism.

A couple of questions, and remember, he who sees and knows all is watching. That's right, Big Jhn is never far away.

Do you have children?

Do you have a profession that requires controlling people?

So no answers, just criticism.

A couple of questions, and remember, he who sees and knows all is watching. That's right, Big Jhn is never far away.

Do you have children?

Do you have a profession that requires controlling people?

:pc: no, and not the primary purpose.

There are any number of ways that a six-year old girl in a private room can be controlled, subdued, and mollified by adults that don't involve an excessive action by a police officer. Am I really that off base with an opinion here? :shrug:

Put your damn foot down and use a tone of voice that scares the crap out of Jesus. Everyone has one of those and every child will respond to it. How about putting your large-sized adult hands on the six-year old kid's shoulders and explain to her a few things. And don't tell me I'm naive and everyone is going to get sued and rant about the homosexual agenda that currently runs through the elementary schools in America today. This police department, and school system, likely opened themselves up to a much larger court settlement with this response.

Like I said to begin with, and really, my only point, if you can't deal with a six-year old girl throwing a temper tantrum without restraining her in handcuffs, then you probably shouldn't be a police officer. I'm not sure there's anything with this story, or any irrelevant extrapolation produced in this thread, that's going to sway me.

I'm not absolving the parents of responsibility for their child's behavior at all, or even disregarding the difficult situations teachers can find themselves in with children like this, or even condemning law enforcement for dealing with a situation they probably weren't properly prepared to deal with.

:rolleyes: I guess I was operating under the assumption that they'd already tried to sit her down and speak to her sternly before they went straight to the handcuffs. Maybe not. Maybe they got down on a knee and asked her nicely. And once that didn't work and they noticed they forgot their tazer, they figured cuffs would be best.

Big picture? Sure, someone should have nipped that crap in the bud, like years ago. This is obviously the result of letting that little chight get away with far too much for far too long. But you can't put that on the cops. They didn't raise her. They're just the poor a-holes who got called in to deal with this freaking mess.