[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your family Crest/Sigil

whomper

Im reading the game of Thrones book and the houses all have what they call a sigil which is like a crest and there is something on it that they identify with. For example if the Cowboys had a sigil it would have the star on it or if Hugh one had one it would have a gay, bald by choice french man on it. It got me thinking. If you were to create your family sigil/crest, what would be on it and why ?

Edited by whomper

Mine would be a guitar and maybe red grapes. I wanted to signify something Italian and food oriented so I thought grapes may cover food and wine

Our crest from the scottish part of our family is a knigh tlooking behind him with a broken lance and the phrase "j'ai bonne esperance". As kids it always seemd to us that the knight was sir robin style bravely running away from danger and hoping that he wasn't going to run into trouble, what with his broken lance. Only later did we learn that that was to show that the knight had just jousted and that he had been victorious having broken his lance on his opponent. He was looking behind him to see his fallen opponent.

Our unofficial motto is left to us by our great great great grandfather who had written a letter to his sons explaining who he was and where he came from. Remarking that his father had come from Paisley in Scotland he said "the men from Paisley are famously bow legger which means they could neither run nor fight".

Yup. That's me all right

• Like 1

Remarking that his father had come from Paisley in Scotland he said "the men from Paisley are famously bow legger which means they could neither run nor fight".

Yup. That's me all right

And now you live in France....

Good to see you again.