[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jahvid Best - Undraftable in 2012?

electricrelish

I was SHOCKED to read that Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz said, “The only thing I’d say is we’re measuring Jahvid in weeks, not days.” It's been nine months since Jahvid Best suffered his last concussion.

The doctor's are making the call on this one, so either they are being extra cautious cause they don't want to be sued or there is something really, really wrong. I really hope that the doctors are just being overly cautious here because if he's not able to play after nine months, I'm seriously worried about him.

On a fantasy note, I don't even know if he's draftable at this point other than a late flier. I put him in the Rashard Menendhall category.

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120802/SPORTS01/120802081/Lions-coach-Jim-Schwartz-Jahvid-Best-out-weeks-not-days?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Edited by electricrelish

If you take Schwartz at his word, this is ominous. I wonder if Best is still having symptoms. I'm with you on his undraftability at this point. Late round flier maybe but I'm sure others in my league will jump on him sooner.

Kevin Smith a good value imo

This deserves further discussion. I picked him up last year and was very pleased with the results in limited action - well, at least until he got hurt.

As a starter this year in week 1 he should SHRED the Rams, then hit reality in SF and then Leshoure comes back. Sounds like RBBC for sure with goal line work favoring Leshoure from that point on. Plus, the Lions' have a nasty midseason schedule against run defenses. 10th round pick - sure. 7th or 8th round of a standard 12-team, I'm not feelin' it.

leshoure and that blown achilles--I can't recall any RB ever coming back to true form after that type of injury? Maybe Big John could help me out with that one. still, an uptick on Smith IMO. I wonder if maybe ced ben or ryan grant will be signed in due time with the Lions? Well, fun times in NFL preseason for sure:))

I think Kevin Smith is looking like a nice value.

That Best cannot practice because of a concussion suffered nine months ago says to me hang up your cleats before you are getting fed by a spoon

Agreed. Undraftable. If he is still suffering the affects of a concussion almost a year ago, and with his history of concussions, he should retire while he still has (hopefully) his health. He will never be a player who makes it through a full season.

If hes still being measured in weeks not days, it sounds borderline dangerous for him to even consider coming back to play in the nfl. Especially for a guy who plays running back. Its too bad his nfl career has never really got going. I hope he makes the right decision for himself, and decides its time to pursue other interests.