[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most competitive league?

mzu

What is the most competitive fantasy football league you have ever played in? Also are public leagues on Yahoo or ESPN more competitive?

Is it one of the super high stakes $5,000 per team leagues? League among friends? Is it a redraft or keeper? Does a certain website hold really competitive ones year after year?

By competitive, I mean a variety of things: most trades, most trash talking, every manager stays active throughout the season, managers trading BBQs for draft picks, stuff like that.

Curious to know...my most competitive league is the one I have played in the longest, made up of all highschool buddies from 10 years ago.

The most competitive league I have ever played in is my own where I'm commish. Last year was a ridicolous amount of trades, every single team did atleast one trade and some did as much as 13 (two teams hit 13). WW pickups ranged from 4 to 62 per each team last year, and the it being a keeper league makes WW even more interesting and fierce in this sense:

When a stud gets hurt (a la Jamaal Charles last year) do you drop him or stash him on your bench? Even though you pay 150% to keep the player so keeping him for next year is unthinkable, if you drop him, anyone with FAAB $ can bid on him and keep him for next year for 100% of the FAAB spent on him (league rules).

This leads to two things: 1. If a top-10 player goes on the IR you have to truly decide if it is worth burning a roster spot so no one else can improve and 2. If you see a player like Charles dropped, exactly how much is he worth putting in a bid for where he WILL pay off next season at that price, even though so much is unknown.

In all seriousness, have never been in an uncompetitive BoTH league...SOFA IDP Experts League is always competitive but very few trades...I would say that I think Full Impact IDP looks like it will end up being the most competitive league I have ever been in....16 teams, 8 are industry people, that are extremely active in the IDP community, whoever wins that league is going to deserve it.

The most competitive league I have ever played in is my own where I'm commish. Last year was a ridicolous amount of trades, every single team did atleast one trade and some did as much as 13 (two teams hit 13). WW pickups ranged from 4 to 62 per each team last year, and the it being a keeper league makes WW even more interesting and fierce in this sense:

When a stud gets hurt (a la Jamaal Charles last year) do you drop him or stash him on your bench? Even though you pay 150% to keep the player so keeping him for next year is unthinkable, if you drop him, anyone with FAAB $ can bid on him and keep him for next year for 100% of the FAAB spent on him (league rules).

This leads to two things: 1. If a top-10 player goes on the IR you have to truly decide if it is worth burning a roster spot so no one else can improve and 2. If you see a player like Charles dropped, exactly how much is he worth putting in a bid for where he WILL pay off next season at that price, even though so much is unknown.

Dang 13 trades is crazy...only seen a team hit double digits once. And those keeper rules sound awesome. Auction style draft I assume?

I find that leagues with your coworkers are always competitive. No ones wants to lose face so there's no checking out after a 2-6 start. LOTS of trash-talking(which is probably the number two reason to form a coworker FF league, behind getting to play FF itself).

My years playing in STATS Fantasy Football leagues were always competitive, and even moreso when they created Champions Only leagues. You saw a lot of the same owners return every year, and your team + transactions cost you money, so you were invested, unlike all of the free Yahoo/ESPN/CBS leagues today.

BOTH are the most competitive I have never even come close to winning, but the residual is that I always win money in the rest of my leagues as a result of going through a slow draft-commentary in the BOTH league, I always win money in the rest of my non BOTH leagues.

My local followed by my Born of the Huddle leagues.

Free yahoo leagues with complete strangers are the least competitive. No one cares and some don't even show up to draft let alone manage their team.

My local leagues are silly-ness but fun live drafts and just cool to get together. BoTH leagues are the most fun and competitive.

I find that leagues with your coworkers are always competitive. No ones wants to lose face so there's no checking out after a 2-6 start. LOTS of trash-talking(which is probably the number two reason to form a coworker FF league, behind getting to play FF itself).

+1 for co-worker leagues...always gotta save face especially when the boss is playing.

+1 for co-worker leagues...always gotta save face especially when the boss is playing.

Not if there is a promotion in the shipping area at stake. In that case the boss usually wins out and the loser gets promoted. Or so I've heard somewhere.

Dang 13 trades is crazy...only seen a team hit double digits once. And those keeper rules sound awesome. Auction style draft I assume?

Yes it is an auction. Thank you. The rules are really me and my friend's brainchild. The little intricacies make it extremely intense but always fun.

Another + for co-worker leagues!

Having said that, BoTH Leagues are crazy competitive. From all the BoTH ones (That I've played) I'd say that Weapons of DMD is brutal, with 16 teams any mistakes take on a different level of catastrophe... :bash: . Not to take from any of the other leagues!

In all seriousness, have never been in an uncompetitive BoTH league...SOFA IDP Experts League is always competitive but very few trades...I would say that I think Full Impact IDP looks like it will end up being the most competitive league I have ever been in....16 teams, 8 are industry people, that are extremely active in the IDP community, whoever wins that league is going to deserve it.

I'll 2nd this

ATAP in BOTH is one tough freakin' league - 16 teamer loaded with Huddle vets, full blown IDP including punters, and you have to manage a cap as well as roster sizes. I'd guess there are a few leagues like it in BOTH.

TOCOL is an earlier full IDP league, 14 teamer that has mixed ownership of delphi board Huddle vets and FBG staffers who aren't pricks. Dynasty league, and you would have sworn last year before the trade deadline that it was MLB with all the trading action as playoff teams tried to strengthen themselves while others worked on their futures acquiring drafts picks. Non-bye doubleheaders give a 19 game schedule and the best team in the league usually has 6 or 7 losses and all but 2 or 3 teams seem to be competing for a playoff spot right through the end of the regular season. Not unusual to see games decided by a point or less.

Edited by Bronco Billy

16man BoTH Better Luck Next Year is hands down the hardest league i've ever been in

Not to offend the other 4 BoTH leagues I am in, but ...

+1 on BLNY It is my "white whale", if you will. 16 teamer makes it even harder. Scooby and I share this team. We are "draft a QB late" kinda owners and we always get stuck in the QB vortex. If Cutler can be a decent start every week, then maybe this will be our year. Of course, we trade alot of draft picks during the draft. Last year we traded up for Jermichael Finley (oops!). This year, we traded up in a late round for Greg Olsen and Amendola (received back-to-back picks).

ATAP in BOTH is one tough freakin' league - 16 teamer loaded with Huddle vets, full blown IDP including punters, and you have to manage a cap as well as roster sizes. I'd guess there are a few leagues like it in BOTH.

TOCOL is an earlier full IDP league, 14 teamer that has mixed ownership of delphi board Huddle vets and FBG staffers who aren't pricks. Dynasty league, and you would have sworn last year before the trade deadline that it was MLB with all the trading action as playoff teams tried to strengthen themselves while others worked on their futures acquiring drafts picks. Non-bye doubleheaders give a 19 game schedule and the best team in the league usually has 6 or 7 losses and all but 2 or 3 teams seem to be competing for a playoff spot right through the end of the regular season. Not unusual to see games decided by a point or less.

ATAP might very well have the toughest division I have ever played in...and the league is right there...love the league that much is for sure.

Edited by keggerz