[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Marshawn Lynch owners worried about his tough schedule?

Geo33

I think he's pretty matchup proof. He'll def have games like last week where he only gets like 50 yds, but generally will at least score when that happens. And he's shown before that he can go off on the toughest D's. Besides, we know Seattle has to run. They're playing a damn rookie QB!

Lynch does appear to have a rough schedule on paper. The only week I'm concerned with Lynch is his bye week though. Yes he has a rookie qb so maybe defenses throw an extra guy in the box, but Wilson is a good qb and if you watch the New England game he has made some big strides. Not to mention that o line is solid. Lynch is a stud and it doesn't matter who they're playing-IMO.. Your name isn't Beast Mode for running on weak ass defenses... just sayin...

Edited by She Hate Me

He was just traded in our league, but I don't think it was out of concern for his schedule. His owner needed better WR and was stacked at RB, and finally found a trade partner. He got Vincent Jackson and a 4th round draft pick (really 9th round pick in our league with 5 keepers).

I had a chance to get him or Matthews from this owner, but he always wanted either Calvin Johnson or Fitzgerald, and I just didn't trust the long term value of either Lynch (age) or Matthews (injuries, not a proven stud, etc.)

Schedule a little overblown? At SF is a terrible matchup. At Miami and at Chicago not good. BUT on the flip side I am okay with at Detroit. Home Vikings and Jets. Home Cards and at the Bills are okay to me. And then home SF is MUCH better than at SF.

So not easy, but outside of at SF and at Miami and at Chicago, the rest I am okay with. Again, not a great schedule, but not sure it is as bad as some act. I am okay with 6 of the 9 games through week 16.

I'm not that concerned, except for tomorrow night. And even then, Lynch hung 100 yards and a TD on the Niners in a game last season, the last RB to do that since forever.

Here's why I'm not that concerned. Seattle is built to run the ball and play defense. Despite being tough against the run so far, those teams are not teams that are going to force Seattle to gameplan any differently than how they want to(Niners, Lions, Vikings, Jets, Dolphins, Bears, Cardinals, Bills, Niners again, Rams). There should be few games where they are behind and have to throw. In fact, I expect them to be ahead and running clock in most of them. Yes, they have a rookie QB, but one who is improving every week. A few more bombs and there won't be so much box stuffing going on. Rather than being concerned with his schedule, I'm looking to trade for him cheap after tomorrow night's game.

I think he's pretty matchup proof. He'll def have games like last week where he only gets like 50 yds, but generally will at least score when that happens. And he's shown before that he can go off on the toughest D's. Besides, we know Seattle has to run. They're playing a damn rookie QB!

Was going to post pretty much the same... I like Russell Wilson a whole lot, but even if he WASN'T a rookie, I think Lynch would still be the "lynchpin" of the offense.

Sure, as a Lynch owner I'd prefer a softer schedule, but I think he'll still churn out solid numbers.

I guess I was hoping for something more solid than an average of 9 points 4 out of 6 weeks so far, before his schedule gets tougher.

Perhaps in your league's scoring. Last week's game was unimpressive, sure.

I'm still fine with him as my RB2. You're not, obviously. If you're expecting RB1 numbers, well then... sorry.

I'm still fine with him as my RB2. You're not, obviously. If you're expecting RB1 numbers, well then... sorry.

aside from rice and foster no rb is free from a few duds, peterson, morris, mjd, matthews and murray have had the highest lows, but it all comes down to expectations.

It's not just some weird scoring. Huddle PPR scoring, aside from the two big weeks, he's averaged less than 10 pts per week in the other four.

I agree expectations differ and he's a solid RB2, but the Huddle rates him highly (top 5) for the RoS. Some here seem to consider him 'matchup-proof' which in my mind means at least top-10, if not top-5 RB territory. But based on the production so far this year, and upcoming schedule, I can't see it.

Edited by Company of Heroes

Balance your holy rushing SoS stat with these two:

He's currently on pace for 1650 total yards.

He is one of only two backs in the entire league getting 20 or more carries per game.

The only thing he's not doing right now is scoring touchdowns. With Wilson improving each week, the touchdowns are going to come more frequently. Look at last year, where he only had three TDs through game six, and then ended up with 13 total. Do you still think there are 10 or even 5 better running backs for the rest of the year?

Edited by Tripleshot

He's currently on pace for 1650 total yards.

He is one of only two backs in the entire league getting 20 or more carries per game.

The only thing he's not doing right now is scoring touchdowns. With Wilson improving each week, the touchdowns are going to come more frequently. Look at last year, where he only had three TDs through game six, and then ended up with 13 total. Do you still think there are 10 or even 5 better running backs for the rest of the year?

Good take. This is helpful.