[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL 2013 Draft

BeeR

Didn't see a general thread to talk this up......

KC's pick is getting interesting. Seems like Star L. is the popular belief, but Floyd is gaining steam, and their OL moves are curious: they franchised Albert but cut OG Winston. ? Seems like maybe moving down and grabbing a top OG would be the way to go, but that's a lot easier said than done because moving up to that #1 will cost a team a ton (usually too much IMO).

And where does Geno Smith go? If he makes it to the Jets (easily possible), do they grab him? Where the other QBs will be taken is all over the map as well.

After what I've seen over the last few days, I think it's going to be an offensive tackle. I've also heard rumors of a possible Albert trade. They should also be somewhat active in free agency next week, so that will dictate their direction also.

So far, I can't disagree with any of their moves. Mainly because I can start to see that each move is building off of each other.

At this point, nothing is off the table. If they can find a trade partner, they will definitely trade down. I just hope Geno Smith has a GREAT pro day. :lol:

After what I've seen over the last few days, I think it's going to be an offensive tackle. I've also heard rumors of a possible Albert trade. They should also be somewhat active in free agency next week, so that will dictate their direction also.

So far, I can't disagree with any of their moves. Mainly because I can start to see that each move is building off of each other.

At this point, nothing is off the table. If they can find a trade partner, they will definitely trade down. I just hope Geno Smith has a GREAT pro day. :lol:

I think Joeckel is the guy for KC, and I think Geno Smith is going to really impress.

Didn't see a general thread to talk this up......

KC's pick is getting interesting. Seems like Star L. is the popular belief, but Floyd is gaining steam, and their OL moves are curious: they franchised Albert but cut OG Winston. ? Seems like maybe moving down and grabbing a top OG would be the way to go, but that's a lot easier said than done because moving up to that #1 will cost a team a ton (usually too much IMO).

And where does Geno Smith go? If he makes it to the Jets (easily possible), do they grab him? Where the other QBs will be taken is all over the map as well.

Last year it cost the redskins a ton to move up because lots of teams wanted RGIII. This year it doesn't seem like there's anyone at the top that teams are willing to break the bank for (of course, it only takes two teams to want the same player). Now that there's a rookie wage scale in place - do you think we might start seeing more trading of picks at the top of the draft - especially when there's a deep talent pool but no real superstars?

The draft is always more when the picks and moves are a surprise. I'm hoping the wage scale fosters more moves on draft day.

Last year it cost the redskins a ton to move up because lots of teams wanted RGIII. This year it doesn't seem like there's anyone at the top that teams are willing to break the bank for (of course, it only takes two teams to want the same player). Now that there's a rookie wage scale in place - do you think we might start seeing more trading of picks at the top of the draft - especially when there's a deep talent pool but no real superstars?

The draft is always more when the picks and moves are a surprise. I'm hoping the wage scale fosters more moves on draft day.

Just my opinion, but I think KC has an early X-mas present if they can find a trade partner for the #1. This is one of the WORST draft stock (skill position) in recent memory. This is, however, a draft very deep in the OL,DL. Geno is not worthy of the 1.1..neither is Lacy or any WR. Again, they would be very lucky to find a trade partner. I think KC is stuck with the pick.

Just my opinion, but I think KC has an early X-mas present if they can find a trade partner for the #1. This is one of the WORST draft stock (skill position) in recent memory. This is, however, a draft very deep in the OL,DL. Geno is not worthy of the 1.1..neither is Lacy or any WR. Again, they would be very lucky to find a trade partner. I think KC is stuck with the pick.

I agree. There isn't that player who is above everyone else that teams are drooling over. I don't think it will be bad for KC to draft a LT that can play for them for the next 10+ years though. The game is still about who controls the line of scrimage.

I agree. There isn't that player who is above everyone else that teams are drooling over. I don't think it will be bad for KC to draft a LT that can play for them for the next 10+ years though. The game is still about who controls the line of scrimage.

Exactly, best player drafted since Browns returned in 99 has been Joe Thomas. QB, RB, WR may be flashy and sell tickets, but they are also more likely to bust.

I wouldn't mind us drafting Shariff Floyd at the 3 spot if he's available but I also wouldn't mind if we traded down a couple spots and grabbed Dee Milliner and an extra draft pick or two...both are huge needs for our team...

Yep agree - this could be really interesting on draft day with potentially a LOT of movement.

Now watch everyone stand pat lol

PS if I was JAX I would draft Millner. They have almost literally NO ONE at CB, having just cut Ross and whoever else sucked on the other side (forget). A DT or DE is a need and would help a lot too, sure, but IMO better to have Miller (who is a surer looking thing than any DT or DE) and nab DL help later.

Wasn't sure where to post this - just wondering how FA moves will impact the picks, esp early on. For ex:

- MIN seems a lock to draft the best WR on their board now

- Colts solved the RT problem and so will almost certainly draft an OG or defensive help

- now people should finally stop that CHI drafting a TE in the 1st silliness

- CLE will be all over Milliner if DET lets him slip, which might happen after DET lost Cherilus (sp) and their OL was already in need

- TEN isn't as big a lock to nab a top OL, though they still need the help too

Beer makes good points. My worry about the Browns is they don't find a QB before the draft, then waste the 1.06 to get one (even if they trade down some and get an extra pick, its a waste of a top 10 pick to get a QB for competition only).

Even with signing Kruger they still need more LBs, maybe not somebody like Jarvis Jones to start and rush the passer. But with the way I see DL rotated on most teams, I presume you need to do some of that with the OLB as well if they're rushing the passer a lot or getting gassed chasing guys on pass plays.

I don't get the Browns-need-a-QB thing which I have seen numerous places. Another team giving up on a QB too soon? Giving up on Weeden would be stupid. People expecting a Griffin or Luck-like season from rook QBs is pretty ridiculous too. I can see throwing some token competition in there with a later pick, but frying their 1st rounder or probably even 2d rounder on one is IMO stupid.

I don't get the Browns-need-a-QB thing which I have seen numerous places. Another team giving up on a QB too soon? Giving up on Weeden would be stupid. People expecting a Griffin or Luck-like season from rook QBs is pretty ridiculous too. I can see throwing some token competition in there with a later pick, but frying their 1st rounder or probably even 2d rounder on one is IMO stupid.

I don't get it either, but the new regime has said there will be competition for starting QB. None of them were here when Weeden was selected, he isn't there guy, maybe they really believe he cannot succeed, or needs competition to push him to be better. So they're going to do something its already been decided. I just hope they don't spend too much (picks, trade players, money) to sign somebody who is probably a 50% chance or higher of only being a backup.

Browns don't have a second, used that in last year's supplemental draft on WR Gordon. That makes the 1.06 pick that much more important. That needs to be a player who is a 5-10 year starter, Millner would be great there.