[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which FA(s) are you still hoping your team signs?

Tripleshot

He was eaten up by good and bad WRs. Granted he was misused in the scheme but he played with no heart from game 1. Maybe a move back to the west coast will invigorate him but most of what I have read from personnel guys says he's lost his desire and a step. Bad combo to lose.

Of course it would be appropriate for him to be back to a pro-bowl level once he leaves

2 years ago he was very highly touted. i am having trouble believing that the talent disappeared 1 year in philly. if i recall, philly had a lot of problems on defense.

edit: you guys prob already know that nnamdi and woodson are in town.

Edited by Bier Meister

They upgraded at every single position.

Landry was a great signing. You improve from Zbikowski, who was awful, to a Pro Bowl safety for less than $25 million over 4 years?

Cherilus is a major upgrade over Winston Justice, who just couldn't stay on the field.

Donald Thomas is a versatile player that can play all three interior line positions.

Walden can stop the run. How badly did we need that last year? Freeney and Hughes couldn't do it. Even if he plays only first and second downs he improves the defense.

Jean Francois is a much needed big body on the defensive line.

The one guy I question is Toler . . . he has not been very good . . . a 4 year, $14 million contract seems high.

I think you missed the part where we were talking about the REMAINING FAs :) There isn't much left I'd like to see them pursue. One of the DEs maybe, but I think the ones worth having may cost too much.

But as long as you brought it up, It's a pleasant change of pace to see a Colt GM who is able and willing to get in the mix with FAs. I think Landry is overrated and we overpaid, ditto Toler, but still yes needed upgrades. Love the Cherilus signing, wow did we need that. I don't think much of the rest but admittedly based on limited info and little of actually seeing them, so I'll reserve judgment.

2 years ago he was very highly touted. i am having trouble believing that the talent disappeared 1 year in philly. if i recall, philly had a lot of problems on defense.

edit: you guys prob already know that nnamdi and woodson are in town.

I'd take Woodson

Nmandi link

Read March 6, 12, Feb 26 and 11th

I can't find where where PFF ranked him among all CBs but I found this

Nnamdi Asomugha, Cornerback

This is another name that will surprise no one. Asomugha allowed a high 66.7% catch rate, a high 15.9 yards per catch, five touchdowns and had only one interception. He is paid like one of the best cornerbacks in the league, but is below average in all receiving categories outside of passes defended. He also has the redeeming quality that his 2.6 Run Stop Percentage is eighth-best among cornerbacks, but that only helps explain why he should make more than the minimum.

Ehh, you want him, you can have him :lol:

Fred Davis

Dennis Pitta (RFA)

Not much else that I see, that was kind of my point. They signed one TE already (Barnidge from CAR, ties to HC Chudzinski) but that is more for depth not to start. Browns rookie Jordan Cameron looked pretty good, but I guess they want more and didn't resign Ben Watson or Alex Smith. They were trying to land Myers but lost out to the Giants.

And their teammates, Chris Cooley and Ed Dickson. Either could be a sneaky addition. No idea what Dickson was tendered at, I imagine it's pretty aggressive since those RFA contracts are so cheap, but if it's a late pick they should take a flier. He's shown some serious flashes. Cooley is the opposite - a guy that, if healthy, has put up some pretty major numbers in the past. He's not a game-changer, but he gets open ...all...the....time... and would be a nice target for Weeden.

• Like 1

OT Eric Winston -- fits the new zone blocking scheme perfectly

RT Andre Smith

OT Sebastian Vollmer

LB Karlos Dansby

G Brandon Moore -- 33 but could help keep Rivers upright for 2 more years on the cheap

LB Darryl Smith

LT Bryant McKinnie

S Michael Huff

CB EJ BIGGERS

Edited by tazinib1

I'm really hoping the Seahawks sign Winfield to play nickel corner. He's perfect for it. Maybe the lure of a potential Super Bowl appearance can get him signed at a bargain price.

His market is extremely soft right now and I doubt he goes to anybody but a contender. SeaChickens look good. I'd hate to face that secondary with Winfield.