[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which FA(s) are you still hoping your team signs?

Tripleshot

A lot of the big names have already signed. Now, who are you still hoping your homer team signs?

For the Seahawks, I have to admit I'm stunned by what they've done already and have no right to even hope they pull some more rabbits out of the hat. But... I'd love to see a Winfield or Woodson signed to play the nickel. (I know, I'm being greedy.)

For the Packers, I don't hope for them to sign any free agent. They just don't work that way and I'm used to it. I don't think they've signed a free agent since Reggie White, and that worked out so well that methinks they're afraid to tarnish the legacy of that signing, lol. I wouldn't mind seeing Jennings come back to the Pack if he finds the offers out there not quite up to his expectations.

How about you?

Edited by Tripleshot

Jennings is spending the night in 'Sota.

Who would I like the Chargers to sign? EVERYONE!!!! I like the Jake Long fallout at LT...would not mind at all if we traded for the incumbant starter who will be moved to RT. sorry can't remember his name at this moment. I'd love a cheap RB like that Giant dude...damn my memory sucks being sober.

As a start I hope the Patriots resign Edelman and Woodhead. They are both underrated, cheap(ish) and provide excellent depth, especially Edelman when Amendola gets hurt and he will.

Then I think they should get Greg Jennings. They need that outside receiver and Jennings is the best one left and they really got nothing to lose. They are not going to fix the defense anyway, so why not spend the money on offense hoping for the best and then go defense once again in the draft and draft well/get lucky.

Whatever they do on the offensive line I will agree with and expect to work out. It always does.

Looks like the Pats are bringing in Adrian Wilson, Dwight Freeney and John Abraham in the next two days. Not a fan of Freeney, but I think the others could help the D. Wilson can still play and Abraham does one thing well, and this D needs that badly. Both I see as more situational, but could help. I don't think Freeney is a fit here, but that's just me.

I'm still waiting for some CB news. Hoping Talib comes back. And with Arrington an UFA and Dennard's future in doubt (jail time looming) I want another CB too. Cason, Grimes, Asomugha, Brown, somebody like this would be great.

And I doubt they give Lloyd the $3 mil tomorrow, so they need another WR too. I'd like to see Ramses Barden brought in. Big target who showed some promise at times for the Giants, and should come cheep. Devrey Henderson would be interesting too. Can stretch the field if they're looking for that guy. Brandon Gibson and Donald Jones are a couple other names to keep an eye on.

Looks like the Pats are bringing in Adrian Wilson, Dwight Freeney and John Abraham in the next two days. Not a fan of Freeney, but I think the others could help the D. Wilson can still play and Abraham does one thing well, and this D needs that badly. Both I see as more situational, but could help. I don't think Freeney is a fit here, but that's just me.

I'm still waiting for some CB news. Hoping Talib comes back. And with Arrington an UFA and Dennard's future in doubt (jail time looming) I want another CB too. Cason, Grimes, Asomugha, Brown, somebody like this would be great.

And I doubt they give Lloyd the $3 mil tomorrow, so they need another WR too. I'd like to see Ramses Barden brought in. Big target who showed some promise at times for the Giants, and should come cheep. Devrey Henderson would be interesting too. Can stretch the field if they're looking for that guy. Brandon Gibson and Donald Jones are a couple other names to keep an eye on.

Signed today. :whistle:

As a Bronco fan...I didn't expect the team to go out and get all the guys they did. That said, I am loving it! Welker, Vasquez, DRC, re-sign Vickerson, even Bradley as a depth guy. If they could find a way to manage it cap wise though, I wouldn't mind dropping Tamme and picking up Keller. I think he would be a better fit.

Interesting. Pats are hosting WR Emmanuel Sanders today. He has a 3rd round tender from PIT, but if they offer him a long term deal, PIT most likely cannot match. PIT let Wallace walk in part due to Sanders play last season, along with Brown's. He's a good, young player. I LOVE this move!!

That would be a shrewd move on the Pats part. I like it!

Well, with the $1 the cowboys have in cap space the most I can hope for is some new hot cowboys. Oh and jerry jones to have a last stroke of genius and fire himself.

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

Good luck. Dude is spent

nothing left in the tank, huh?

i watched a lot of philly games, but wasn't very focused on the defensive side of the ball.

edit: 9ers mostly have a pretty decent defense. he would have a lot of support around him. does he have enough to just be a role player..... enough to just not let up those big plays to wr's?

Edited by Bier Meister

:thinking:

Guess that edit didn't take. More fun this way. You know me, I love the cow "boys".

For Colts, no one comes to mind. I sure don't want any of those overpriced aging guys. Maybe some DL help for a reasonable price.

They upgraded at every single position.

Landry was a great signing. You improve from Zbikowski, who was awful, to a Pro Bowl safety for less than $25 million over 4 years?

Cherilus is a major upgrade over Winston Justice, who just couldn't stay on the field.

Donald Thomas is a versatile player that can play all three interior line positions.

Walden can stop the run. How badly did we need that last year? Freeney and Hughes couldn't do it. Even if he plays only first and second downs he improves the defense.

Jean Francois is a much needed big body on the defensive line.

The one guy I question is Toler . . . he has not been very good . . . a 4 year, $14 million contract seems high.

I think ATL has less than $3.5 MM in cap space after signing SJax and Gonzo so hoping that we are players on Elvis Dumervil is a bit of a stretch but he sure would be a big pickup for us.

The one guy I question is Toler . . . he has not been very good . . . a 4 year, $14 million contract seems high.

He'll be a good "nickel" back, but if they want him to be the #2, ugh.. It's gonna be rough unless Bethea/Landry cheat his way often. I watched the dude out here for the Cardinals. Really don't wanna knock him, but he's the exact same player Jerraud Powers is/was. Funny thing is Toler left the Cardinals for the Colts, Powers left the Colts for the Cardinals. The two are nearly identical players.

Good thing for the Cardinals though is they just signed Cason today to be the #2. They have Peterson as their #1. Powers will be the nickel back - could work out really well - that is if they find someone else other than Yeremiah Bell at safety.

nothing left in the tank, huh?

i watched a lot of philly games, but wasn't very focused on the defensive side of the ball.

edit: 9ers mostly have a pretty decent defense. he would have a lot of support around him. does he have enough to just be a role player..... enough to just not let up those big plays to wr's?

He was eaten up by good and bad WRs. Granted he was misused in the scheme but he played with no heart from game 1. Maybe a move back to the west coast will invigorate him but most of what I have read from personnel guys says he's lost his desire and a step. Bad combo to lose.

Of course it would be appropriate for him to be back to a pro-bowl level once he leaves

Edited by Zooty