[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's rolling the DMC dice?

BA Baracus

So everyone is very familiar with Darren McFadden's injury history. Anyone who owned him last year knows that even when he was healthy he wasn't that good. I've read a lot about how the zone blocking scheme didn't do him any favors. I also saw film last season that showed DMC running out of bounds when he was one-on-one with a corner in the open field. Running scared doesn't have anything to do with scheme...

I have owned him on and off in various leagues since he came to the NFL. When he is on, he is the most valuable RB in fantasy. Historically the problem is that he just gets hurt a lot, but after last year, I am wondering if his career has officially slipped into the realm of mediocrity.

Does DMC deserve one more shot on fantasy rosters as a low end #1 or high end #2 back? Because if you want to draft him, that where you have to take him.

That is a tough one to call. Even last year when he was so bad, he still rushed for 110+ yards three times but he stunk in several games as well. in 2011, he was on fire in the first six weeks that had a pace which would have been 2000 total yards and 13 TDs but of course week 7 ended that year. In 2010 he did gain 1664 total yards and 10 scores with 3 games missed. He has never rushed for more than 46 yards in any week 16 game if he is even still playing and has never scored in week 16. That is weird.

I think you will see a much better McFadden this year but the risk outweighs the reward in all five previous years.

I think that people are SO sour on him, that I might grab him in redraft.

ADP is around low 30s right now, if he continues to fall into the high 30s/low 40s, I'm probably a buyer at that price

It seems like with McFadden though, there is always one believer who will grab him in the second round. If he made it to the late 3rd early 4th, I'd be all over him, but I have a feeling that if you want him, you have to take him with your second round pick.

DMC is one of the few true handcuff RB's left. When they had Bush I wouldn't have hesitated to take him because Bush was money when DMC was out. Unless the rook becomes a clear cut backup that can produce in a pinch I'm staying far away.