[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prior the next Tebow

dougsul

Just cant trust a Raider especially at QB

Why not?

Pryor's best attribute is his running ability. If you're saying you don't trust an OAK QB because of a poor OL, well then wouldn't that give him more chances to scramble and make plays with his legs?

Are you saying the WRs stink? Moore and Streater both have some upside.

I was down on Matt Flynn as the starter there only because he's more adept at sitting in the pocket and making throws. Pryor may only throw the ball 25ish times per game, but his ability to do things on the ground make him a very intriguing flyer.

The only thing that you can bank on out of Oak is McFadden getting hurt by week 5 and being "Day to Day" for the rest of the season. The mobile QB works on teams that have tooled for it and Oak has not. Will he break containment and scurry around for a few yards here and there sure, is it something you can count on worth starting? Not so much. I also dont want to have a QB where his top targets only have "some up side". In a standard leauge he is probably going to average 15 points a week. I dont know about the leagues that you guys are in but that wont get the job done in any of mine.

The only thing that you can bank on out of Oak is McFadden getting hurt by week 5 and being "Day to Day" for the rest of the season. The mobile QB works on teams that have tooled for it and Oak has not. Will he break containment and scurry around for a few yards here and there sure, is it something you can count on worth starting? Not so much. I also dont want to have a QB where his top targets only have "some up side". In a standard leauge he is probably going to average 15 points a week. I dont know about the leagues that you guys are in but that wont get the job done in any of mine.

"The mobile QB works on teams that have tooled for it"

Carolina didn't "tool for it" in 2011 with Cam as a rookie. Not that I expect Pryor to throw for as many yards, but I would take less passing yardage along with the rushing yardage he will bring over four quarters. If he can work in a TD pass or two a game, he can be a very servicable FF QB. There will be a lot of garbage time points.

The INT's do worry me though. He's a playmaker, I think he'll have some pretty good games along with some absolute disasters.

Not even a decent backup fantasy QB except in the largest of leagues. A late round pick that could pan out. The next Tebow maybe, but when was it declared that Tebow was a "very good fantasy QB". I thought his stats were always pretty mediocre, even when he was helping the Broncos pull out games at the last minute.

Or that stats like

14-31 174yrds 1td 1Int 9 carries 64 yards result 16 points per game

constitute a good game from a QB.

•  

With 4pts for a td pass few QBs get 26-30 pts 24-37 265 yds (10.4pts) 2tds (8pts) 15 yards running (1.5) that's only like 20 21 points. Not every one can get Brees, Manning or Rogers. All I was saying if you could get a guy for free that gets 20pts a game that would pretty good. whether he could do the same as Tebow did or not is yet to be seen. This is a pretty bad Oakland team on both sides of the ball.