[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Richardson acquired by COLTS

keggerz

Traded Trent, Hopkins, and Fred Jackson for dez Mjd and bryce brown a few days ago. Pretty happy about it as Trent has looked mediocre

wow, you got hosed in that deal.

wow, you got hosed in that deal.

Running backs went from Trent spiller reggie bush Lamar miller fjax joique to spiller Reggie Mjd Lamar joique...wr from Cobb nicks Hopkins tavon Austin givens to dez Cobb nicks Blackmon (dropped givens) Austin

I think it helped my team

not sure how you can say that without seeing his lineup

it was more sarcasm and chop busting because he was celebrating the success of the deal after 1 week which we all means nothing.

it was more sarcasm and chop busting because he was celebrating the success of the deal after 1 week which we all means nothing.

If you looked at a few of my posts regarding Trent I'm a supporter of his. More so celebrating improving my team than saying "Ha! Told you Trent is nothing special"

My bad, he's sure tearing it up now. :tup: :rolleyes:

;) I know, it's (real) early - but 2ish yds a freaking carry? The Colt OL isn't THAT bad and the "but there's no passing game, so they focus on him" excuse is gone.

Running out of chances to say "it's still early but ...". I am a huge, HUGE Richardson nuthugger, but I can't explain it. Yes, the blocking is indeed that bad still, but nonetheless I would have expected more out of him. I'm gonna have to go research Taz's history of excuses for JStew and start practicing those, because I got nothing right now.

At some point the Trent nuthuggers may have to come to grips with the fact that he's ordinary.

Playing SF and SEA back to back is no picnic for any RB. I agree that there is a real possibility that Richardson is ordinary and CLE got the best of the deal, as I alluded to much earlier, but I think we ought to wait for a little bigger sample size before we make final judgments.

• Like 1

Even if Richardson is ordinary, which I am by no means ready to say, where would the Colts be without him? They'd have Donald Brown at running back, and that's it. Brown is a nice change-of-pace back, he's not a feature back. Ballard is out for the year with an ACL tear and Bradshaw may be soon with his neck injury. The pick they traded may in fact be in the 20's . . . which is not exactly a lock for a Pro Bowl player. We'll see, but I saw signs of life from Richardson today and some very good pass protection, which Donald Brown cannot do.

Colts best running plays came from shotgun today. Every time they lined up to power run it, they got stuffed. Gave a pass look and ran out of it . . . I liked it . . .hell of a game today . . . the Colts would not be 4-1 without Trent though . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

We'll see, but I saw signs of life from Richardson today and some very good pass protection, which Donald Brown cannot do.

There are plenty of RBs that can pass protect and run for 1.5 yards per carry that don't cost a 1st round pick.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Well tongue in cheek aside, it was a serious question. Brown only got what 3 carries in the game? Why not Richardson there, do we have to worry about a vulture poaching him too?

Didn't I answer that already? Edited by CaptainHook

There are plenty of RBs that can pass protect and run for 1.5 yards per carry that don't cost a 1st round pick.

That's good . . . but he's averaging 3 yards per carry . . . and there aren't many of those guys who could step into the Colts offense on the street. Edited by CaptainHook

Indy stole him then. :lol:

Do you have reading comprehension problems? I said it's still too early to say who "won" this trade. But would I rather have Trent Richardson than Bjorn Werner (the Colts first round draft pick last year)? I'll take Richardson . . . Edited by CaptainHook