[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Aaron Rodgers need a game to get back or...........

Cowboyz1

does he just come right in and play like he has been. Seems to me players especially at the QB position take a week or so to get back the feel of the game. So what do guys think, does the lay off affect him at all or does he just jump right in. I'm thinking it takes him at least a half to shake the rust off at minimum but it could take a full game and then some. Unfortunately they don't have much room for him to get back up to speed as they are on the edge of playoff elimination.

Rodgers is getting tested today to see if he can play or not. The Packers will hold a press conference late this afternoon to disclose what will happen. He's no lock yet to even play.

Has he been cleared to play yet?

I would think with a full week of practice, he jumps right back into it though. It's not like he's some ham and egger like Josh Freeman or anything like that. It may take a half at the most to get back into the flow of it.

Then again, now that they have a viable running game, he probably won't be asked to throw 40 times in his first game back.

ETA: DMD beat me to the punch on the question of the day.

Edited by SeductiveNun

Hopefully he will be back in the full swing of things by week 15. There are a few particularly annoying Dallas fans at work who need a good whooping to shut up.

Welp... per reports:

He'll practice tomorrow, but his game status is still uncertain.

From: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3118/aaron-rodgers

Aaron Rodgers (broken left collarbone) has yet to be medically cleared, but will be a limited participant in Wednesday's practice, and has not been ruled out for Week 14.

However, coach Mike McCarthy said Matt Flynn will take the first-team reps in Wednesday's practice, with Rodgers "also preparing." It's a fairly strong sign Rodgers isn't expected to start Sunday's game. Either way, McCarthy strongly denied that the Packers have had "internal conversations" about shutting Rodgers down, and reiterated he'll be back under center once healthy. "Aaron wants to play, but it's a medical situation," McCarthy said. "He feels good and we'll see what he can do tomorrow." Rodgers' chances of returning are better than they were in Week 13, but don't appear terribly great. Rodgers' status will be updated some time in the next 24 hours. Dec 3 - 4:20 PM

That's the smart move. Their chances of playoffs are so slim it's hardly worth considering.

They are a game and a half behind Detroit and the lions have to play Philly, Baltimore, Giants and Minn.....I could see them going 2-2, maybe even 1-3...who knows?

I mean....Jacksonville won 3 more games than I thought they would..anything is possible!!!

Edited by dope man

• 4 weeks later...