[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX

electricrelish

Things from childhood do affect adults but they can't be a "get out of jail free"card for actions as an adult. The key is to recognize that certain things might be a cause but not an excuse and do the work to control or remove the adverse effects on life down the road.

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 1

Agreed and have said so above. I would NEVER try to make excuses for him or pawn off blame. I'm just stating why he may have become the person he is. He's definitely a moron, it is his fault and he's to blame. However, I will say this, some people are not entirely in control of what they say. Scary sh!t.

tourette's syndrome? I recall that being the focal point of some episodes of LA Law many years ago...

• Like 1

tourette's syndrome? I recall that being the focal point of some episodes of LA Law many years ago...

Nope, others would've noticed the issue before the bomb on the plane moment and came out to say he has the syndrome. He's just an assJack.

Nope, others would've noticed the issue before the bomb on the plane moment and came out to say he has the syndrome. He's just an assJack.

Didn't mean Smith has TS, was referring to your comment that some people do not have control of what they say (TS being one cause).

Didn't mean Smith has TS, was referring to your comment that some people do not have control of what they say (TS being one cause).

I see. No question.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll believe that when I see it. A guy with that talent isn't just allowed to walk.

Looks like flemingd nailed it!

49ers pick up fifth-year option on LB Aldon Smith

The 49ers exercised the fifth-year option on linebacker Aldon Smith on Friday, the team announced. It's worth $9.75 million in 2015, and is only guaranteed if he suffers a major injury in 2014, and becomes fully guaranteed next March.

The decision comes hours before the midnight deadline for a team to pick up the option, and several weeks after Smith was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport and charged with "false report of a bomb threat." There was a report at the time that Smith might not play for San Francisco in 2014, and that the team wouldn't be inclined to pick up Smith's fifth-year option.

With the latter out of the way, the former is a near certainty, even if the league decides to suspend Smith at some point.

Last week, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said of Smith's latest legal entanglement: "We're a family. You don't just open a door and toss people out of it."

In 43 NFL games, Smith, the team's 2011 first-round pick has 42 sacks.

Smith's legal trouble is not that serious, he's good guy, just need to keep his temper under control. And his talent is undeniable. It is a very good move by 49ers.

Yeah, sure sounds like it. :rolleyes:

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1