[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the community view on Sankey?

vi29

I think he will make for a solid RB2 for a stretch but would be beret suited to be my RB3 at best....I don't see him coming out and doing too much early on but I could be easy off as scheduling has a lot to do with that and I haven't looked at his schedule. .

The opportunities should be there. So he'll do as good as the talent you think he has. I don't see huge numbers personally as he is a bit small and a bit slow, but he has more "want-to" than just about anybody, and that should allow him to at least be serviceable. If I was strong in other positions, I wouldn't mind him as a #2.

Love the skillset, love the opportunity.

Based on volume alone he's an RB2 with RB3 being the ultimate low. Upside to put up RB1 numbers with the current landscape of the NFL and how it affects RB production.

The guy is a worker and does everything well. There will be some that say he doesn't have any elite qualities, but you can say that about a few guys that currently have RB1 value/upside.

Love the skillset, love the opportunity.

Based on volume alone he's an RB2 with RB3 being the ultimate low. Upside to put up RB1 numbers with the current landscape of the NFL and how it affects RB production.

The guy is a worker and does everything well. There will be some that say he doesn't have any elite qualities, but you can say that about a few guys that currently have RB1 value/upside.

I like this input right here. ..I want to see him play some. ...I am not particularly high on him but I would like to see him flash some ability

I like this input right here. ..I want to see him play some. ...I am not particularly high on him but I would like to see him flash some ability

I'm not going to compare him directly to AP or LT, but those were two rookies that were above-average college RBs that stepped right into situations where there was a huge opportunity... and blew it out of the water.

I remember LT's rookie year when the guy in my local took him at the end of the 1st and all of the oohs and aahs.

Again, not comparing the talent per se, but the opportunity is there, and Sankey is very Forte-esque. No ultra-elite measurables but is a workhorse, catches the ball out of the backfield, and won't be pulled at the goal line... even if the Titans have Shonn Greene.

I could be wrong here but this just screams huge value. Those able to take him as their RB3 or even a flex are going to be pleasantly surprised.

Great, more than likely if a trade goes through then I will have him as a Flex for my squad. That should be more than adequate if you guys think that he will be posting RB2 numbers through sheer volume. I look forward to seeing him in preseason.

Screw combine stats, despite his being decent. He's got wiggle and a honda-ton of heart. His college lines were not very good but he just kept gaining yards and scoring. I love his potential in Tennessee.

I was going to say something similar. Yeah, combine stats give the "wow" factor if they're just amazing... or the "hmmm" factor if they are unusually bad for the player's position.... but good/very good combine stats are to be expected and shouldn't really be a major factor in determining production/value.

This kid WORKS (Pops was a drill sergeant if I recall), has a good head on his shoulders, can pass protect and has proven he can shoulder the entire running workload. You add that to the "opportunity" factor and it points to RB2, at least to me. The fact he has an elite OL in front of him, catches the ball out of the backfield and could conceivably stay on the field for all downs points to RB1 upside given the landscape of the NFL as it relates to RB fantasy value. Bottom floor for me would be RB3, if and only if McCluster siphons more receptions than projected and/or if Greene gets regular carries and/or goal line looks.

Bottom floor for me would be RB3, if and only if McCluster siphons more receptions than projected and/or if Greene gets regular carries and/or goal line looks.

I expect McCluster to be the 3rd down RB and main pass catcher (think Woodhead last year with 70+ catches), which is why i think more RB3 for Sankey especially if Greene gets goal line looks at all....if Greene is cut or remains injured i can see him being a RB2

I expect McCluster to be the 3rd down RB and main pass catcher (think Woodhead last year with 70+ catches), which is why i think more RB3 for Sankey especially if Greene gets goal line looks at all....if Greene is cut or remains injured i can see him being a RB2

If Greene is ever on the field and Sankey isn't hurt then he just isn't very good

I don't buy McCluster automatically being given Woodhead's numbers in this offense. Woodhead is a RB that just so happens to be nifty in those little screen packages. Woodhead, while he did play at a lower college level, was a starting RB that could carry a team's load. McCluster did get a good # of carries for Ole Miss as a senior, but the dude's 170 lbs. soaking wet. They're both tiny (5'8) but Woodhead has 30 pounds on him.

What I'm saying is, I just don't see McCluster getting as many looks in that offense that Woodhead got. Hell, the Chiefs said they wanted to get McCluster involved too, and how'd that work out?

Ryan Mathews managed 26 catches for SD last year. Sankey is a much more accomplished pass-catcher than Mathews.

Bottom line, I'm not worried about McCluster much. He'll be used in a few gadget plays every game, but Sankey should easily approach 45 catches.

I was going to say something similar. Yeah, combine stats give the "wow" factor if they're just amazing... or the "hmmm" factor if they are unusually bad for the player's position.... but good/very good combine stats are to be expected and shouldn't really be a major factor in determining production/value.

This kid WORKS (Pops was a drill sergeant if I recall), has a good head on his shoulders, can pass protect and has proven he can shoulder the entire running workload. You add that to the "opportunity" factor and it points to RB2, at least to me. The fact he has an elite OL in front of him, catches the ball out of the backfield and could conceivably stay on the field for all downs points to RB1 upside given the landscape of the NFL as it relates to RB fantasy value. Bottom floor for me would be RB3, if and only if McCluster siphons more receptions than projected and/or if Greene gets regular carries and/or goal line looks.

I think darin3 is right, a worst case scenario of RB3 is almost certain. Best case is that Sankey rolls right through his powerful O-line and starts producing upper-level RB2 numbers. He seems to doing just fine against the Falcons - check out this article.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp14/story/_/id/11311542/tennessee-titans-showing-toughness-camp

Screw combine stats, despite his being decent. He's got wiggle and a honda-ton of heart. His college lines were not very good but he just kept gaining yards and scoring. I love his potential in Tennessee.

If my guy runs faster and quicker, jumps higher and farther, then the rest of the competators those are pieces to the puzzle. Combine dosen't measure heart or personality to "fit" in a team chemistry. To dismiss the combine as a factor in determing prodution/value is a mistake.

If my guy runs faster and quicker, jumps higher and farther, then the rest of the competators those are pieces to the puzzle. Combine dosen't measure heart or personality to "fit" in a team chemistry. To dismiss the combine as a factor in determing prodution/value is a mistake.

It is impossible to compare a 40 time to how fast a player is on the field. .. especially a RB... this is more so a good measurable for WRs and DBs.... but if a RB can't find/manipulate a hole then his speed is useless.....and ask Reggie Bush how effective a speedy back can be when kicking it outside. .... you can't always kick it outside to get yards. ... not in the NFL

• Like 1

I remember an injury prone RB that came out of college and ran a 4.6/40 at the combine. He was drafted in the third or fourth round. Name was Curtis Martin.

I remember an injury prone RB that came out of college and ran a 4.6/40 at the combine. He was drafted in the third or fourth round. Name was Curtis Martin.

There have been Emmitt Smith comparisons with this Sankey kid. If he's half as good as either one of those guys he should be alright.

My real fear with Sankey is concussion style injuries. In college, he wasn't afraid to square up, lower his head and try to run somebody over if he needed that last yard. And usually, although he managed to get that yard, he took the bad end of the collision. There were a couple times where I thought he played through concussions or at the least got his head rattled. He cannot try to run people over at the next level. He's a 160 lb. guy that put on 40 lbs. of muscle. He is a little, little dude. My wife is 5'2, 135. Sankey was her favorite player because at picture day, he was the only one that didn't dwarf her. If he tries to put his head down and run through people, he's going to hurt himself. I LOVE this kid. But I fear the chip on his shoulder may be too big for his own good.

If Greene is ever on the field and Sankey isn't hurt then he just isn't very good

Or the coaches could be idiots. Remember when Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles both played for Todd Haley? Jones got more carries even tho he was significantly less effective with them.

That is the biggest risk with Sankey IMO, underutilization due to questionable coaching philosophy.

He is the most talented RB on a team that is built to run. But the coach has a history of being pass first and Sankey is listed as 4th on the initial depth chart, which is just silly.