[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the community view on Sankey?

vi29

Or the coaches could be idiots. Remember when Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles both played for Todd Haley? Jones got more carries even tho he was significantly less effective with them.

That is the biggest risk with Sankey IMO, underutilization due to questionable coaching philosophy.

He is the most talented RB on a team that is built to run. But the coach has a history of being pass first and Sankey is listed as 4th on the initial depth chart, which is just silly.

its called pass protection....not all about the most talented runner when your QB is getting hit all the time. This will be a RBBC to start the year until he proves he can protect and separates himself.

its called pass protection....not all about the most talented runner when your QB is getting hit all the time. This will be a RBBC to start the year until he proves he can protect and separates himself.

Shonn Greene has never excelled at pass protection.

Sankey is listed #3 on Ourlads' depth chart -- the team's chart may be (and probably is) outdated and/or updated just after the draft.

Goes without saying based on what I've already said here, but Sankey, at worst, is a solid RB3... likely RB2... but with some RB1 upside.

Shonn Greene has never excelled at pass protection.

Sankey is listed #3 on Ourlads' depth chart -- the team's chart may be (and probably is) outdated and/or updated just after the draft.

Goes without saying based on what I've already said here, but Sankey, at worst, is a solid RB3... likely RB2... but with some RB1 upside.

maybe not excelled, but still better than a rookie. I agree RB3/Flex to start the year until he separates himself. There is plenty of upside but his ADP is a bit rich for me. I'll be targeting McCluster as a late rounder in PPR and avoiding the rest.

I think general consensus as a Flex and possible RB2 is correct. Safest to bench him for the first few games of the season till he asserts himself on the depth chart. Middle of the season till the end, he will be reasonably solid after seeing multiple NFL defenses, and thus produce quality numbers.

Sankey will pick up pass blocking faster than most rookies. Really smart kid, tough kid, will do everything he's asked to do pretty well. He will have no hesitation about putting his nose up in there and protect the other Husky legend.

It is impossible to compare a 40 time to how fast a player is on the field. .. especially a RB... this is more so a good measurable for WRs and DBs.... but if a RB can't find/manipulate a hole then his speed is useless.....and ask Reggie Bush how effective a speedy back can be when kicking it outside. .... you can't always kick it outside to get yards. ... not in the NFL

A 40 yd dash measures straight line speed. The broard jump and verticale jump measure burst. The cone drills measure quickness. The bench press measures strenght. Check out were Bishop finished in each of these drills. :tup:

Sankey scares me because Shonn Greene is terrible and you are telling me the 1st RB off the board in the 2014 draft is listed behind him? That tells me that Sankey has pass-protection issues like most rookie RB's have. I expect him to be better in the 2nd half of the season than the 1st. I don't want him as my #2 RB. I will take him as a #3 or a flex option.

These first depth charts are garbage, as is Shonn Greene. Sankey intrigues me but he's really a blank slate in the NFL so anyone can see what they want to see. Tennessee's o-line is on the rise and there's literally no one else to take on this role on their team.

If you draft him as an RB#3 and can let him ripen a little I think you're in fat city. If he has anything close to a good preseason game though he'll vault way ahead of that in ADP and then he's priced too high. At least we've learned something since the insanity of Ryan Matthews' rookie year.

• Like 1

A 40 yd dash measures straight line speed. The broard jump and verticale jump measure burst. The cone drills measure quickness. The bench press measures strenght. Check out were Bishop finished in each of these drills. :tup:

Exactly. Dude was on a talent tier alone out of this year's class.

That initial depth chart is a joke. 2-3 weeks ago Greene's roster spot was at risk. The fact that Whisenhunt referenced seniority as the driver of the depth chart is the PC way of saying Greene sucks but we are gonna give him a merit badge anyhow.

I'm surprised how many people keep referring to these preseason (before any games are played) depth charts as some great source of information on who's ahead of who, especially with rookies who are still learning.

Sankey intrigues me for many reasons, I wouldn't worry about a slug like Shonn Greene being on that team, unless Sankey has massive troubles learning things, particularly pass protection.

Just got done with a mock over on yahoo and they had him ranked 39 overall, even though the ADP they listed for him was around 90. Much different than the ESPN mocks I had been doing, where I could get him early-mid 6th round.

Edited by bud29

Just got done with a mock over on yahoo and they had him ranked 39 overall, even though the ADP they listed for him was around 90. Much different than the ESPN mocks I had been doing, where I could get him early-mid 6th round.

For what it's worth he's ranked 33-39 at cbs. I like his potential but not in the 3rd round of a 12-teamer. His MFL ADP for a 12-team standard league is around 57.

I just took him at 5.02 in the Huddle Ladder on MFL. There were several other good options on the board at the time (Gerhart, Jennings, Rice, Joique, and Richardson) but I prefer Sankey to them an I doubt he was gonna make it back through another 2 rounds.