[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sankey hype

GoldenEagle81

If a 28-0 lead doesn't get the kid some free running, I'm not sure this week will be any different. Seems his potential isn't the question, it's his coach...I, as a Sankey owner, was delighted to watch Tenn lose that game and hope Whisenface is only there still because the owners have yet to decide which boot to wear when kicking him out

I'll probably start Sankey again this weekend, because injuries have left me without too many options. If he doesn't get a lot of touches, I'm very much hoping the Jaguars win, because I don't think Whiz could last if that happens.

I'm in desperation mode and might have to play Sankey this week as well. I wonder if Sankey figured out those make believe footwork issues that Whisenhunt thinks he has. I watched the entire Browns vs. Titans game (I'm a Browns fan), Whisenhunt's coaching was the worst I've seen by any team in a long, long time. In the second half, I've never witnessed so many coaching mistakes in one half of football. If he wants to win, he'll give Sankey the ball more than 6-10 times a game. Especially if you're up 28-3!

Edited by LookingForALeague

Reports are saying Greene is nicked with a sore hamstring. Perhaps a limited Greene is the key to Sankey success this week. One can only hope...

This would be cause for optimism for those who have Sankey on their rosters if the Titans were coached by any of the other 31 coaches in the league. With Whiz at the helm, the smart move might be to pick up McCluster off the waiver wire.

Edited by regguy

This would be cause for optimism for those who have Sankey on their rosters if the Titans were coached by any of the other 31 coaches in the league. With Whiz at the helm, the smart move might be to pick up McCluster off the waiver wire.

Wouldn't surprise me if he decided to cut back on the running game all together, after all they're playing the Jaguars! Who's going to run on them?

Edited by Scorcher

This is seriously the "final straw" week for Sankey as far as I'm concerned.

JAX gives up 126 rushing yards per game and a league-worst 33.8 points per game.

If Greene is nicked up to where they don't even have him active.... add in Charlie Whitehurst at QB.... and you have the makings of a 20+ touch day for Sankey. And if he can't turn 20 touches into 100 total yards and a score, well then maybe I was dead wrong about the guy.

And FWIW, I'm benching him in my 12-team non-PPR this week despite all of the upside. Granted, I have Forte, Andre Williams and Ben Tate... 3 guys I simply trust more this week.

Edited by darin3

This is seriously the "final straw" week for Sankey as far as I'm concerned.

JAX gives up 126 rushing yards per game and a league-worst 33.8 points per game.

If Greene is nicked up to where they don't even have him active.... add in Charlie Whitehurst at QB.... and you have the makings of a 20+ touch day for Sankey. And if he can't turn 20 touches into 100 total yards and a score, well then maybe I was dead wrong about the guy.

And FWIW, I'm benching him in my 12-team non-PPR this week despite all of the upside. Granted, I have Forte, Andre Williams and Ben Tate... 3 guys I simply trust more this week.

I agree, if Whisenhunt doesn't let Sankey loose this week, he never might this year. Shonn Green banged up, pony tail Whitehurst at QB and the Jax D. Anything less than 15 touches and I'm cutting Sankey.

The first and goal at the 1 going elsewhere was disheartening...but he's still a better choice than D Martin! And he's catching, too!

Edited by sksmith

Still a buyer long-term in dynasty formats but I just don't see anything good going for him this year.

Yeah, I was hoping for a much better stat line. Too bad I have him in a redraft and not a dynasty or even a keeper league.

Could be the trade that scuttled my season right there.