[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is your "speculative" RB?

Crankyrayhanky

FA RBs are hard to come by. I like to roll the dice with a roster spot and keep someone around who could emerge as a FF starter if given the chance. Once they "bust out", it's too late depending on your league runs the waiver claims. One needs to throw some darts and hope they get in ahead of the boom.

I currently have Antone Smith, Atl, based on his recent homerun splashs. But I've looking hard at the Denver situation. There has to be some points here, especially as we move deeper into the season. Montee 's job may be in trouble methinks. Granted, they haven't opened up a lot of holes for Ball, but at some point, they may feel they need to switch it up.

Hillman: interesting athleticism, but may have lost his chance to Knowshaun more than a year ago based on key fumbles. No fumbles this year (yet), but he's in the mix. About 14 snaps this year.

CJ: this guy continues to get decent ypc. I seem to remember him getting some key touches late last season during the stretch drive for Denver. About 21 snaps this year.

^Little to no information on who the true handcuff is at this point. I'm thinking Denver is even sure.

J Howard: this guy is a bit of a preseason darling who has 0 snaps this year. Worth keeping on your watch list just in case

I'll see if I can find some pregame info that may suggest a move here....if Ball is a flop- which many FF players believe- then you have to think there is a goldmine here somewhere (?)

Based on many factors, I don't think Ball's situation is as volatile as you make it sound. Denver has only played three games, one of which was in Seattle. Also, what is there to suggest that Hillman or CJ have been or will be that much more effective? I wouldn't chase the Denver situation - there are clearer, better handcuffs out there.

I'd look hard at Dallas' depth chart and stash Randle. DeMarco Murray has an incredibly effective line in front of him, and he also has yet to play all 16 games in his career. That's probably the best option of the guys who are available. Jeremy Hill would be a great add if he wasn't already rostered. I also like James Starks' situation should Lacy go down or prove that the MIN game was an anomaly.

I think Sankey's going to go absolutely crazy but he's probably already scooped up if he was even dropped in the first place.

Maybe McKinnon in the near future as well, just based on the way the teams are set up for run offense and the success of previous RBs in their situation.

Hill could be huge as well, I'm tempted to handcuff Bernard.

Edited by pmstick

Oliver will be my new speculative RB :tup:

Darren Sprolliver! Dude looked fast, very fast.

Wish I would have picked him up in my leagues. :kicksrock:

He'll hit the every's website top pick on the free agent forecast this week but he'll be long long gone in all my leagues.

He'll hit the every's website top pick on the free agent forecast this week but he'll be long long gone in all my leagues.

Didn't consider him but I might be ok in my main league as despite being the 5th highest scoring player (12 team league) I'm 0-4!! :sad:

Oliver will be my new speculative RB :tup:

May only be a week or 2 fill at best. Matthews expected back with-in 2 weeks and brown may not miss any time. On the plus side he could have Woodhead type value