[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I'll be down at Holmdel @ the Group finals all day, and when I get home I could really use some of your wisdom sprinkled with a little good luck on top !  

Some wacky questions for my cut throat 12 team 2qb nightmare that I signed up for.  1/2ppr.  I am already projected down 18points (34%-66%)

a) higbee,  tonyan, or LIkely ( for week 9.  And beyond)

I own higbee but he's "declining" (?) and  Tonyan has a good matchup this week. 

Likely is miniMandrews, but the usage will be dependent upon MacroMAndrews. 

Whichever I dont take will no longer be available after this week, so ros is a real concern as well.   

b) Pittman.  He's my WR2.  Just tell me it'll be OK.  Heck, lie to me even.   0 other options this week.   I have faith.  I think. 

c) QB2:  Teddy, Zappe, BakerMayfield, or Foles.   I am 100% not kidding here.  Currently have teddyBW in my QB2.  I figure there's a chance Tua gets dinged.  I could drop him for that guy from the patriots.  Or I could turn off my computer and go rake the leaves.  ( I wouldnt be bothering you or wasting pixels if there were other options.)

d) IR stashes for the future.   BCooks, TreylonBurks, JohanDotson, or KyrenWilliams?

I have KW there now, but that backfield is as confusing as multivariable calc and I am already deep with RB's. (ekelerKamaraPierceWhiteHines). Thinking Burks?  

Ah, Running the classic cross country race at The Bowl!  Been there, run that! Great sprint start across a field to a narrow opening through a double wide gate, straight up a hill and into the woods for most of the course. Then pop out only to run around a downhill bowl just to have to climb out of it on the opposite side, sprint around the courts and then a killer, lung-burning sprint to the finish line!  Enjoy!!

A) Week 9 and beyond, Higbee

B) I think it'll be okay, I see Pittman as a top 20 play today and going forward ROS.

C) Baker is your best option moving forward. 

D) I see them ranked like this - Cooks (far and away #1), Burks, Williams, Dotson.  The last 3 are neck and neck.

GL and enjoy the CC race!

5 minutes ago, stickers said:

Hey Irish, having trouble deciding my flex spot. I already have ENT, Stevenson, Jefferson and St Brown as my RBs and WRs. I need to pick 1 in ppr for flex

Options: godwin, jamaal Williams, Boyd, mostert  

I have burrow and kelce as well 

Hey Stick, 

Great team!  I'm running Godwin in a PPR flex, slightly over Williams. 

5 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

Hey Irish...

I'm having trouble picking a QB this week, I could use an extra brain on it.

Tua @ Bears

Geno @ Cards

Fields vs Fins

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Morning RwD,

I think you likely have 3 top 10 QBs for this week but I'm playing Tua as I think he has the most upside with his combination of weapons and use of his legs. Tua has the greatest chance at the best passing yards and multiple TDs but the lowest production in the ground, whereas Fields had the lowest passing production but greatest ground output. I see Tua #1 by a tight margin over Fields. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, irish said:

Morning RwD,

I think you likely have 3 top 10 QBs for this week but I'm playing Tua as I think he has the most upside with his combination of weapons and use of his legs. Tua has the greatest chance at the best passing yards and multiple TDs but the lowest production in the ground, whereas Fields had the lowest passing production but greatest ground output. I see Tua #1 by a tight margin over Fields. 

I had Tua penciled in, thanks for confirming. Have a great weekend buddy.

4 minutes ago, Dunk the Dunk said:

This is a full ppr

I need one of:

J Williams

Deon Jackson

K. Drake

Thank you as always Irish!

For me this is really between Jackson and Williams and I'm going Jackson. 

5 hours ago, irish said:

Ah, Running the classic cross country race at The Bowl!  Been there, run that! Great sprint start across a field to a narrow opening through a double wide gate, straight up a hill and into the woods for most of the course. Then pop out only to run around a downhill bowl just to have to climb out of it on the opposite side, sprint around the courts and then a killer, lung-burning sprint to the finish line!  Enjoy!!

A) Week 9 and beyond, Higbee

B) I think it'll be okay, I see Pittman as a top 20 play today and going forward ROS.

C) Baker is your best option moving forward. 

D) I see them ranked like this - Cooks (far and away #1), Burks, Williams, Dotson.  The last 3 are neck and neck.

GL and enjoy the CC race!

Thanks IRISH!  I see you've run it!  Not me.  I was a FB and Lax guy.  No 5k's until my 30's.  My son did "ok" at the groups today.  Not a PR but close... locally he crushed, but thats big fish little pond.  Holmdel is the real deal.  He gave it his all.  He and his team mates were overall very pleased.  The season goal was to clear Garrett and make it to Holmdel and they did that.  They are mostly young, so there is a next year. 

Anyhoo, thanks for the insight.   

I like BCooks a lot, but thisyear has been different.  I was leaning TreyB, but I can do Cooks just as easy. 

Baker huh?  Cripes, thats where i started.   After this week my QB Byes are over so the QB situation improves (JimmyG, Hinecke, Pickett.  I also snagged DWatson, so there's that.  This week I dont think Bakermf gets in.  I am going to run with TeddyBW and just cross my legs and fingers that Tua needs an extended water break.  

Gotta love FF, huh?!

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Thanks IRISH!  I see you've run it!  Not me.  I was a FB and Lax guy.  No 5k's until my 30's.  My son did "ok" at the groups today.  Not a PR but close... locally he crushed, but thats big fish little pond.  Holmdel is the real deal.  He gave it his all.  He and his team mates were overall very pleased.  The season goal was to clear Garrett and make it to Holmdel and they did that.  They are mostly young, so there is a next year. 

Anyhoo, thanks for the insight.   

I like BCooks a lot, but thisyear has been different.  I was leaning TreyB, but I can do Cooks just as easy. 

Baker huh?  Cripes, thats where i started.   After this week my QB Byes are over so the QB situation improves (JimmyG, Hinecke, Pickett.  I also snagged DWatson, so there's that.  This week I dont think Bakermf gets in.  I am going to run with TeddyBW and just cross my legs and fingers that Tua needs an extended water break.  

Gotta love FF, huh?!

Yeah, the Bowl is one of the most challenging courses around, as is Van Courtland Park. If your QB situation is just for this week, then Teddy B is the play. 

Fantasy Football is 🤪 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, irish said:

Yeah, the Bowl is one of the most challenging courses around, as is Van Courtland Park. If your QB situation is just for this week, then Teddy B is the play. 

Fantasy Football is 🤪 

I'll leave ole Teddy BW where he is then.  Starting in my QB2 slot.  

I'll say that again.  I am starting Teddy BW.  Week 9.  2022.   Willingly.   (sort of)

• Haha 1

Own CeeDee, Olave, Mike Will (IR), DJ Moore, Sutton, London

TE are Hock and Schultz

Rest of team is Brady, Cook, Lenny, Stevenson and bench pieces

Would you this? 

Give: Hock and Moore

Rec: Mike Evans 

feel like it’s a good talent return, though pretty TB heavy…

52 minutes ago, eanenson said:

Own CeeDee, Olave, Mike Will (IR), DJ Moore, Sutton, London

TE are Hock and Schultz

Rest of team is Brady, Cook, Lenny, Stevenson and bench pieces

Would you this? 

Give: Hock and Moore

Rec: Mike Evans 

feel like it’s a good talent return, though pretty TB heavy…

Hey e,

For me, that's not a big enough upgrade at WR to lose Hock. I'd pass. 

5 minutes ago, stickers said:

With the latest update of Swift being in a limited role does this change your opinion?

Still on the Godwin train, I'd move over to Williams if Swift were out. I'd just hate to start him and Swift be active and play more than expected. Both defenses are in the bottom half. 

What do you think?

Waiver wire is closed and no free agents pickups.  GM is an incompetent boob and didn't add a late game player alternative when he had the chance thanks to his in-laws visiting and distracting him all week.

James Conner is a GTD for a late game.  I have him in my flex.  I have no other late-game options.  My only alternatives to risking a zero would be to start one of these at 1 pm and bench Conner:  Alec Pierce, Chase Claypool, Mike Gesicki.  No other options.

Start one of them or takes my chances with Conner?

Edit: I can also start Gesicki at TE and Move T Hill to Flex.

Edited by Dcat

15 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I'll leave ole Teddy BW where he is then.  Starting in my QB2 slot.  

I'll say that again.  I am starting Teddy BW.  Week 9.  2022.   Willingly.   (sort of)

(update... I balked.  After reading a couple articles I went with Zappe over Teddybw for week 9 start.  I know you were ALL concerned, so I thought I'd update.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled IRISH help-fest!

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

What do you think?

If I'm you, I can't stress about this situation and I bench Connor in favor of Pierce. 

31 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

(update... I balked.  After reading a couple articles I went with Zappe over Teddybw for week 9 start.  I know you were ALL concerned, so I thought I'd update.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled IRISH help-fest!

OK, don't think either play this week. Ehlinger or Willis are not an option?

7 minutes ago, irish said:

OK, don't think either play this week. Ehlinger or Willis are not an option?

Nah.  Ehlinger is "long gone".

I explored some extremely favorable trades (no takers).

Willis got scooped on waivers (2 other teams had only 1 qb in their lineup this week, so it was a mad rush.  I have multiple QB's but this bye week put me in a pinch)

This is it.  I originally was leaning that Tua is more likely to get hurt so run with teddy, but I read a couple articles this am about the support for Bailey, so I stuck him in there thinking maybe just maybe ole Bill would bend to public opinion for at least a quarter to give Mac "a rest".  Which we both know isnt in his DNA, and wont happen either.

Thanks anyway!

OH HEY!  

You still like higbee over tonyan  this week?  

Higbee over dulcich going forward?

Edited by FinishTheDrill

24 minutes ago, JohnnyC67 said:

I have a couple of questions, that I've already posted, but would love for you to have a crack at them.  Thanks, in advance.

1-Is Swift startable this week (Limited Role)? My Options are AJ Dillon or Romeo Doubs--Standard league. Thoughts

There's not a huge difference in my eyes between a limited Swift's production and a full Dillon day. Therefore, if you're concerned about a Swift re-injury, just play Dillon. Doubs is last option. 

22 minutes ago, JohnnyC67 said:

Here;s my #2 question

•  

Good morning All

I'm luck enough to have the following Receivers on my roster.  But, I can only start 2.

Waddle vs Chicago

DJ Moore vs Cincy

Gabe Davis vs Jets

Jakobi Myers vs Indy

Romeo Doubs vs the Lions

Full PPR.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Waddle is top 10 and a no brainer. So it really comes down to picking 1 from the others. I'm between Meyers and Moore and am leaning Moore. 

56 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Nah.  Ehlinger is "long gone".

I explored some extremely favorable trades (no takers).

Willis got scooped on waivers (2 other teams had only 1 qb in their lineup this week, so it was a mad rush.  I have multiple QB's but this bye week put me in a pinch)

This is it.  I originally was leaning that Tua is more likely to get hurt so run with teddy, but I read a couple articles this am about the support for Bailey, so I stuck him in there thinking maybe just maybe ole Bill would bend to public opinion for at least a quarter to give Mac "a rest".  Which we both know isnt in his DNA, and wont happen either.

Thanks anyway!

OH HEY!  

You still like higbee over tonyan or dulcich this week?  

Dulcich is on a bye so it's between Higbee and Tonyan and I still like Higbee more. 

Let's hope Zappe makes you happy. 

• Haha 1