[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

On 11/13/2023 at 5:16 PM, Tropic Lunder said:

@irish

(PPR)

What say you?

Drop Nominations:

J Reynolds

Gainwell

E Mitchell

T Irwin (may want to hold and start for TNF since Higgins may miss again--thoughts?)

Pickup Nominations:

Dowdle

Guyton

R Moore

C Samuel

Reynolds gets dropped and Samuel added. 

10 Team PPR, 6pt passing TD

5pt bonus for 100 Rush/Rec yards, 5pt bonus for 300 passing yards

4-6, currently the 6 seed so I control my own fate. Had a tough time with injuries and a few unlucky breaks.

QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex

• QB: Hurts, Kyler
  • RB: Saquon, Monty, Warren, Kyren (IR)
  • WR: Kupp, Olave, Ridley, Diontae, Dell, Downs
  • TE: Kittle, Ferguson
  • D/ST: Cleveland

Which position would you look to strengthen pre-deadline? Have a team interested in one of my TEs, could make a big swing and deal a hot Kittle for a stud

Hi Irish

Who to start as my WR2 this week? Full PPR with bonus points. I have K. Allen as WR1

Waddle v LV

Dell v Arizona

Puka v Seattle

Boyd @ Baltimore (Higgins out again)

They all are weekly starts so 2nd question is how you would rank them ROS.

Thank you

Edited by Dunk the Dunk
Needed to add to the question

@irish

4-6 in our SuperFlex. 8/10 make playoffs I am in 8th.

I play three 4-6 and one 3-7 team to close out season, so I "control" my own destiny as much as anyone can in fantasy.

After some trades, roster with starters in bold, questions after:

QB: Allen, Murray, Love

RB: Swift, Ford, Chandler, Charbonnet, Gibson

WR: AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Pittman, Dell, Nico, JSN

TE: Ferguson, McBride

QUESTION 1: WAIVER

Okay to drop JSN to get Nico out of IR

QUESTION 2: TRADE

I am weak at RB and have two official offers, not speculation

TRADE 1: Smith for Pachecho

TRADE 2: Smith/Gibson for Breece Hall/Gainwell or Javonte Williams/Gainwell

Are you ok dealing Smith knowing you have Dell for this week and Pittman going forward?

Edited by TheGuildedAge

9 hours ago, eanenson said:

10 Team PPR, 6pt passing TD

5pt bonus for 100 Rush/Rec yards, 5pt bonus for 300 passing yards

4-6, currently the 6 seed so I control my own fate. Had a tough time with injuries and a few unlucky breaks.

QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex

• QB: Hurts, Kyler
  • RB: Saquon, Monty, Warren, Kyren (IR)
  • WR: Kupp, Olave, Ridley, Diontae, Dell, Downs
  • TE: Kittle, Ferguson
  • D/ST: Cleveland

Which position would you look to strengthen pre-deadline? Have a team interested in one of my TEs, could make a big swing and deal a hot Kittle for a stud

RB looks to be the spot to upgrade. Barkley is on a crappy team, Monty and Warren are in 50/50 shares, although I'm more concerned about Monty and would look to deal him off a big game. 

5 hours ago, WhyTug said:

Hey Irish, PPR league

DJ Moore vs DET or DK vs LA?

Kmet vs DET or Niki vs PIT?

Appreciate the help!

Hey Tug,

Moore and I'm gathering Niki means Njoku, if so, I'd start Kmet. 

Irish, I wish I had taken your advice on QB I started Lawrence and lost by 8 points!!

Now for the question  I can trade Brian Robinson for either Stroud or Dobbs

I have Bijan, Jacobs, Monty and Achane as my other RB's

I have Fields and Purdy ( a week late) now

would you do the trade or stay put 

thanks,

7 hours ago, Dunk the Dunk said:

Hi Irish

Who to start as my WR2 this week? Full PPR with bonus points. I have K. Allen as WR1

Waddle v LV

Dell v Arizona

Puka v Seattle

Boyd @ Baltimore (Higgins out again)

They all are weekly starts so 2nd question is how you would rank them ROS.

Thank you

Hey Dunk,

Puka is #2 for sure with Stafford likely back. Then it's between Waddle and Dell.  I think I'm leaning Dell as that game should be closer versus the blowout against the Raiders. 

Rest of season is Waddle, Puka, then Dell. 

1 hour ago, RMS@1 said:

Irish, I wish I had taken your advice on QB I started Lawrence and lost by 8 points!!

Now for the question  I can trade Brian Robinson for either Stroud or Dobbs

I have Bijan, Jacobs, Monty and Achane as my other RB's

I have Fields and Purdy ( a week late) now

would you do the trade or stay put 

thanks,

Well, listen, no one is right all the time. Sorry to hear that you lost. Let's hope this week is better. 

First of all, I think Robinson is a great sell high candidate and especially so with your other RBs. Sell Robinson for Stroud as quickly as you can. Period!  If you can't, then get Dobbs next.  Although, with Fields and Purdy, you're solid. Unless this is a superflex. 

Edited by irish

6 hours ago, TheGuildedAge said:

@irish

4-6 in our SuperFlex. 8/10 make playoffs I am in 8th.

I play three 4-6 and one 3-7 team to close out season, so I "control" my own destiny as much as anyone can in fantasy.

After some trades, roster with starters in bold, questions after:

QB: Allen, Murray, Love

RB: Swift, Ford, Chandler, Charbonnet, Gibson

WR: AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Pittman, Dell, Nico, JSN

TE: Ferguson, McBride

QUESTION 1: WAIVER

Okay to drop JSN to get Nico out of IR

QUESTION 2: TRADE

I am weak at RB and have two official offers, not speculation

TRADE 1: Smith for Pachecho

TRADE 2: Smith/Gibson for Breece Hall or Javonte Williams/Gainwell

Are you ok dealing Smith knowing you have Dell for this week and Pittman going forward?

First of all, dropping JSN for Nico is solid. 

Trading Smith for Pacheco is a perfectly fair trade. However, I like trading Smith and Gibson for Breece and Gainwell much more. Get that done. 

GL!

Irish...tell me I did the right thing...

it took Evans and Swift...but I got Ekeler.

I'm 6-4, 10 team league. currently tied in a three-way for 2nd (I have the least amount of points).  I needed to make a commitment move.  I didn't like the schedule outlook for either of my guys. Been shopping Evans for a while, felt like Swift would be the tipping point.  I felt like it was the right time to jump ship on Evans and as for Swift he's not the focus of that juggernaut, as consistent as he's been.

I just want someone outside my head to qualify that I didn't lose too much. I've been torn but have HIGH hopes:

I paired Ekeler with Monty (Jones, Hunt, K Mitchell)

Still have Brown & Dell (Meyers, B Cooks)

and Kincaid (McBride)

Browns D/ST

I jumped the Lawerence ship and traded for Carr but I've also had Murray waiting.  picked up Stafford as insurance.

what do you think?  was the cost too high?  did I set myself up decently? Thanks for your thoughts.

16 minutes ago, Gay4Clay52 said:

Irish...tell me I did the right thing...

it took Evans and Swift...but I got Ekeler.

I'm 6-4, 10 team league. currently tied in a three-way for 2nd (I have the least amount of points).  I needed to make a commitment move.  I didn't like the schedule outlook for either of my guys. Been shopping Evans for a while, felt like Swift would be the tipping point.  I felt like it was the right time to jump ship on Evans and as for Swift he's not the focus of that juggernaut, as consistent as he's been.

I just want someone outside my head to qualify that I didn't lose too much. I've been torn but have HIGH hopes:

I paired Ekeler with Monty (Jones, Hunt, K Mitchell)

Still have Brown & Dell (Meyers, B Cooks)

and Kincaid (McBride)

Browns D/ST

I jumped the Lawerence ship and traded for Carr but I've also had Murray waiting.  picked up Stafford as insurance.

what do you think?  was the cost too high?  did I set myself up decently? Thanks for your thoughts.

You overpaid got sure. Ekeler is great, sure, but I see him as 2-3 points better per game than Swift on average the rest of the way and to give up Evans for that difference is a lot!  I wish you got something back at WR too. Your lineup is very solid though, so hopefully, this move doesn't cost you in the end. 

16 minutes ago, JohnbGoode said:

Hey Irish! Just a couple questions please? My picks in Bold:

QB - Howell, Murray, Fields

Pick One.

WR & FLEX 

DJ Moore , Kirk,

Theilen, Ford

Pick TWO

Thanks Irish!

I've got Cowboys D!

Hey Johnny B!

I agree with all your starts. Cowboys' D best in FF!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, irish said:

You overpaid got sure. Ekeler is great, sure, but I see him as 2-3 points better per game than Swift on average the rest of the way and to give up Evans for that difference is a lot!  I wish you got something back at WR too. Your lineup is very solid though, so hopefully, this move doesn't cost you in the end. 

I appreciate the critique.  Don't get me wrong.  This is only my 2nd year playing and my first HUGE trade.  I had anxiety the minute I pressed "accept" lol.

I weighed a lot.  it was not an easy decision.  I drafted both guys b/c I knew they were going to have great seasons.  I knew Evans had something to prove & Swift got a fresh start behind an incredible Oline. I would have liked to ride them into the sunset.  I just started getting apprehensive with both of their health and schedules.

I get what you're saying though. He was 2-8 so I was trying to poach.  Maybe it was too rich.  Can't wait to find out! lol

3 minutes ago, Gay4Clay52 said:

I appreciate the critique.  Don't get me wrong.  This is only my 2nd year playing and my first HUGE trade.  I had anxiety the minute I pressed "accept" lol.

I weighed a lot.  it was not an easy decision.  I drafted both guys b/c I knew they were going to have great seasons.  I knew Evans had something to prove & Swift got a fresh start behind an incredible Oline. I would have liked to ride them into the sunset.  I just started getting apprehensive with both of their health and schedules.

I get what you're saying though. He was 2-8 so I was trying to poach.  Maybe it was too rich.  Can't wait to find out! lol

Yup, you never know, best of luck to you!  I hope it works out in your favor. 

Every 5 catches gets 3 points. Typical point for 10 yards. Position limit of 4 at WR. I have

PHI AJ Brown, NO Olave, HOU Dell, ATL London. 

The flex is WR/TE only & am not carrying an extra TE. With Olave & London on bye I am short for flex. Would you drop London for 

Best options available look to be

CIN Boyd, BAL Flowers, BUF Davis, DAL Cooks, KC R Rice

I need a WR. Middle of playoff pack right now. I hate to let London go as seems a reliable flex right now. But not much of a choice other than to go empty flex or take a TE that probably won't get me more than 2-3 points at best.

8 minutes ago, FastSteve said:

Every 5 catches gets 3 points. Typical point for 10 yards. Position limit of 4 at WR. I have

PHI AJ Brown, NO Olave, HOU Dell, ATL London. 

The flex is WR/TE only & am not carrying an extra TE. With Olave & London on bye I am short for flex. Would you drop London for 

Best options available look to be

CIN Boyd, BAL Flowers, BUF Davis, DAL Cooks, KC R Rice

I need a WR. Middle of playoff pack right now. I hate to let London go as seems a reliable flex right now. But not much of a choice other than to go empty flex or take a TE that probably won't get me more than 2-3 points at best.

Definitely drop London for Rice, they are pretty much equivalent in my eyes. Problem solved. 

4 minutes ago, FastSteve said:

Is this more of a ROS season answer? With Higgins out I was expecting to hear Boyd as the answer. CIN worries me right now.

I'm sorry, I completely overlooked Boyd. However, even though I do like Boyd a hair more this week, I do like Rice more long term and enough to still make him the addition for this week. 

3 minutes ago, irish said:

I'm sorry, I completely overlooked Boyd. However, even though I do like Boyd a hair more this week, I do like Rice more long term and enough to still make him the addition for this week. 

If you could get London back after this week, would you drop Rice to grab him back?

1 minute ago, FastSteve said:

If you could get London back after this week, would you drop Rice to grab him back?

Probably, but I wouldn't lost any sleep at all if someone else did. They're truly one in the same. 

12 hours ago, irish said:

Hey Dunk,

Puka is #2 for sure with Stafford likely back. Then it's between Waddle and Dell.  I think I'm leaning Dell as that game should be closer versus the blowout against the Raiders. 

Rest of season is Waddle, Puka, then Dell. 

As a follow up to this, would you start any of these players over Barkley in the flex spot? I'm reading Barkley may have tweaked his high ankle sprain.