[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can my roster be corrected after week one?

MikeM789

not sure why this is so hard to understand. It is weird that he waited, but shouldn't matter

Sure it should. It calls into question what he would have claimed had the Browns got for 20. By waiting, he got the best of both worlds. If the Browns stink you cry for it to be corrected, if they rule you don't say a word. Once he didn't correct it right away he lost all appeals.

Sure it should. It calls into question what he would have claimed had the Browns got for 20. By waiting, he got the best of both worlds. If the Browns stink you cry for it to be corrected, if they rule you don't say a word. Once he didn't correct it right away he lost all appeals.

Sure, I guess what he did may have been sketchy. But whoever he drafted is who he gets. If they don't want him back next yr I understand

Sure, I guess what he did may have been sketchy. But whoever he drafted is who he gets. If they don't want him back next yr I understand

nah brah...he waited too long. You do not get to see how your player did before calling the Commish and claiming foul.

• Like 1

It is the responsibility of the commissioner to enter the drafted teams correctly, if I believe the OP his commissioner made a mistake. The only point of failure for the commissioner, albeit the first failure.

It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that the commissioner has the rosters correct BEFORE the season starts. The OP did not verify his roster after the commissioner entered them. First point of owner failure to be responsible.

It is the responsibility of the owner to set his starting lineup each week. This was another opportunity for the owner to ensure his roster was correct, and he failed again. In fact, not only did he NOT verify his roster, he specifically selected Cleveland has his defense. And if the owner didn't bother to enter a line up and Cleveland defaulted as his starting line up then he failed his responsibility again and has no recourse.

At ANY point BEFORE the NFL games had been played had the OP notified the commissioner of his mistake it could have and should have been easily corrected. But the OP missed TWO opportunities to notify his commissioner that he had the wrong defense.

Once the NFL games have started there is no way the commissioner has the right to reset starting lineups retroactively. The OP shirked his responsibilities as an owner to verify his original roster (twice) and as such has to live with the results. This error was easily corrected had he been behaving as a responsible owner.

Having said all that, if there is sufficient evidence that he drafted Denver than by all means he should be allowed to replace Cleveland with Denver on his roster, but he has to live with Cleveland in week 1.

Lesson learned, move on.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 1

This should have been addressed before Sunday, I doubt this would have been posted if Cleveland kept the Jets to 10pts and scored a pick six. He'd have kept quiet about the error and taken the win.

If it was raised before Sunday and nothing was done about it by the commish then things should be changed but you can't wait to see what happens before raising a problem expecting a do-over. Basically like playing both defences then choosing which one does better.

While I understand what some are saying regarding him noticing after the Thursday game (not sure how that matters, neither DEN or CLE defense played), he doesn't say he noticed after Sunday and then told his commish. He doesn't really say (from what I recall reading) when he told his commish about this mistake.

Others (namely Grits) are making wild assumptions that the OP actively decided to insert the Browns defense into his line-up, rather than just looking at his lineup and seeing the bulk of his team and setting starters. I can speak for CBS leagues, my roster/line-up page has all my QB/RB/WR/TE in one group both active and bench. Then below that a group for kickers, finally a group for defense. Could see missing that he had the wrong defense, especially for somebody new to fantasy football.

Also lost in all this discussion is the fact that he is playing his commissioner, so the commish has a vested interest in the outcome and may not be completely impartial.

Those here to know me know that I'm generally a stickler for following the rules, but in this case the whole problem began with a mistake by the commissioner entering the roster. Yes the OP made mistakes too.

As usual we don't really have the whole story, and probably won't get it. When did he contact the commish about this, what did the commish say, were they able to verify he really did pick DEN defense and commish made a mistake. But the hard liners are ready to judge him as crooked player trying to pull one over by getting a better defense after the games were played (with zero evidence).

I know of NO ONE in fantasy football who after they draft don't go back and have a looksie at their team. It's just the nature of the beast. Seriously, HOW MANY of you here drafted your team and forgot about it until week 1? BS...you go and look at it and hopefully bask in your glory.

If an improper player was placed in a lineup the owner should know this and it was incumbent on him to contact the commissioner BEFORE the game was played.

You can NOT do what this guy is trying to do. This is totally wrong:

You can NOT change a lineup after the games are played unless you contacted someone prior to the game. Simple as that. Mistakes happen and commissioners make mistakes. Owners should make sure their team is on the up.

I am a commish and when I loaded the rosters I explicitly stated to my folks to go take a look and see if I missed anyone. That is just for the roster. How a lineup with a player you didn't even draft got approved by the owner is a major foulup. This is either A) a rookie mistake or B) someone playing fast and loose.

Edited by kwolf68