[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Romo, No Bryant, No Murray: No season

Dcat

Weeden is....not good. You'll see

I agree but if Dallas makes t to the playoffs over the likes of the Giants...who I think will gain momentum after a slow start then he would have earned the right to ride this one out...

Now if Dallas is winning games in spite of Weeden, then that is another story entirely...

I expect Dallas to win games in spite of him and still miss the playoffs...

I agree but if Dallas makes t to the playoffs over the likes of the Giants...who I think will gain momentum after a slow start then he would have earned the right to ride this one out...

I don't think Weeden keeps Romo off the field if/when hes ready to come back no matter if they're undefeated if that's what you're saying. It's Romos team
  • Like 1

Now if Dallas is winning games in spite of Weeden, then that is another story entirely...

I expect Dallas to win games in spite of him and still miss the playoffs...

There's just no way Weeden will be the QB ahead of Romo when Romo is healthy.

• Like 1

These first 2 games have been some of the ugliest football games I have seen in a long time. The Giants game was unimpressive for sure and yesterday was ugly as well . 18 penalties is ridiculous. Most of what I saw was O line mistakes.

I really do have to say though that I have been super impressed with the defense. The D line was so quick. Murray was handed the ball and he had a guy swarming him instantly. I have been notoriously hard on Sean Lee due top his fragility but man when he is on the field he is a tackle machine. He is always around the ball , hes smart and he tackles very well. The Dbs are holding their own and the safeties are hitting hard. When we get Hardy and McClain back we will be that much better. I am not saying we are the 85 Bears but what a vast improvement over the last few years. They are playing very fired up defense

Without Dez you can see Philly cheat up a bit to neutralize our running attack. Without Dez and Romo teams will stack the box for sure . That O line has their work cut out for them for sure. Weeden is serviceable. He isnt Romo but he doesnt seem overwhelmed by the situation. The season really obviously depends on if and when we get Romo and Dez back and what kind of shape we are in when it happens. We are 2-0 with 2 division wins. Giants and Philly both 0-2 . Giants have had misfortune, Philly seems completely lost. Washington looked good yesterday.

When the season started I had good expectations that Dallas could have won the East and seeded High in the NFC. With the injuries and sloppy play in the first 2 weeks you now have to hope they tread water and win a weak division or snag a wildcard . If we get Romo and Dez back and we are in the thick we can resume some optimism. If the wheels fall off before those guys come back , it is what it is .

Dallas does need to address QB though. Maybe even more so than RB. Romo may always have that goofy smile on his face but that guy is tough as nails. He has taken an absolute beating the last 5 years and he finds a way to come back but with his age and the type of injuries he is suffering, its just a matter of time before he cant pull himself off the matt again. It will be interesting to see who we pull off the scrap heap to back up Weeden

Edited by whomper

You know, this defense looks good enough to keep this team in a lot of games. If Weeden can make a few plays now that he's in his second year in the same O with the same OC, he may just be serviceable. Now with all the defensive help coming in two weeks, we just may be a dominant D and not require the offense to be as dynamic as it historically has had to be in order to win. I'm not ready to give up on the season especially since we are 2-0 in the division and the East doesn't look all that good truthfully.

We'll see but if Romo can get back around 6 weeks from now instead of the 8 to 10 we could still be in this thing at the end. I love what this Defense is beginning to look like.

Again MO is ballin. Patmon is playing solid and the safety play is improved. Lee is back and is playing like a mad man. I love it.

If this entire division is garbage like stated above and also on FOX, then maybe they shouldn't be on national tv every week.

Teams are put into big game matchups (Sunday late game of DH, primetime games especially Sunday night) because they draw a large auidience, that does not mean they are or have to be good. DAL-NYG could be playing and be bad but they still draw DAL and NY markets, same goes for PHI and WAS. Then add in their national fan bases, their haters who like to watch them lose, the market of other teams in their division.... It all ads up to $$$ for ratings, which is what matters.