[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jordan Reed

InTomWeTrust

is reed droppable? Considering stashing Julius Thomas instead and I'm forced to start Donnell this week

i would hold for now if you have the roster space - he's a freak and target magnet WHEN he's on the field, but that's just the problem, he's seems to only be on the field about 50% of the time and for now, the Redskins have not set a time table for his return from the latest bout of injuries, the most concerning of which is his 5th concussion within the past 4-5 years or so...

The problem with Reed is you are never really sure when you can start him because of his propensity for injury. When it looks like he is questionable to play and you decide you can't take the risk and start somebody else, he goes off. Then when you need to start him he is out.

I have him in my local :bash:

Any local insight on this Carrier guy? Forced to start him in one league where Olsen is on a bye . . .

as a UFA coming out of college, he's in his 3rd year in the NFL, but hasn't seen any significant playing time, to-date...the Skins acquired him via trade (from the 49ers) right before the season started, as they were already down both Niles Paul and Logan Paulsen...

he's supposedly very athletic and a converted WR (college) to TE - he is currently the best pass-catching TE option the Skins have at this juncture...he'll likely get some looks, but I would temper my expectations until we get a decent sample size...

I had actually started a thread on him when the Skins acquired him (b/c I knew ZERO about him), so I think most of what I stated above was provided there.

Any local insight on this Carrier guy? Forced to start him in one league where Olsen is on a bye . . .

His measurables are real nice, but those guys seem to be a dime a dozen at TE...see also:

Green, Ladarius

Wilson, Luke

Robinson, Adrien

Hill, Josh

His measurables are real nice, but those guys seem to be a dime a dozen at TE...see also:

Green, Ladarius

Wilson, Luke

Robinson, Adrien

Hill, Josh

Only difference here being that WASH literally has nobody to throw to outside of Garcon (who is a mediocre option himself at this point) - TE has been a volume position for these guys in recent years, be it Reed or Paul. I assume his usage will depend on how he handles thing in the 1st Q - if he's running the right routes and is where he needs to be, I assume he'll get a good amount of looks.

...WASH literally has nobody to throw to outside of Garcon (who is a mediocre option himself at this point)...

actually, this ^ is not necessarily true...Crowder, Grant/Ross, and Thompson have all stepped-up nicely (maybe not with any FF relevance, but within the Skins' overall game plan) the past couple of weeks...D-Jax is expected back, soon, though...Crowder is currently operating as the WR2 (w/D-Jax out), but I see him retaining the WR3 spot once D-Jax returns, with A. Roberts being in the dog house and a healthy inactive the past few games...

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 1

actually, this ^ is not necessarily true...Crowder, Grant/Ross, and Thompson have all stepped-up nicely (maybe not with any FF relevance, but within the Skins' overall game plan) the past couple of weeks...D-Jax is expected back, soon, though...Crowder is currently operating as the WR2 (w/D-Jax out), but I see him retaining the WR3 spot once D-Jax returns, with A. Roberts being in the dog house and a healthy inactive the past few games...

Not sure I agree with you there. I've watched the games and seen the other guys you mention and my point is that Cousins has been consistently targeting Reed (i.e., the TE) more than any of them, other than maybe Garcon. Thompson is a different animal because he's only a 3rd down/hurry up guy.

Not sure I agree with you there. I've watched the games and seen the other guys you mention and my point is that Cousins has been consistently targeting Reed (i.e., the TE) more than any of them, other than maybe Garcon. Thompson is a different animal because he's only a 3rd down/hurry up guy.

Crowder led the team in targets (12) during Wk 4, and that's w/Garcon playing most of the game, and Reed not leaving until the 4th quarter... :shrug:

would've also had a TD, but wasn't aware of where he was in the end zone (rookie mistake) and couldn't get his 2nd foot down...

Edited by the outlaw

Crowder led the team in targets (12) during Wk 4, and that's w/Garcon playing most of the game, and Reed not leaving until the 4th quarter... :shrug:

would've also had a TD, but wasn't aware of where he was in the end zone (rookie mistake) and couldn't get his 2nd foot down...

Note my usage of the word "consistently". Yes - Crowder got a ton of targets last week but (I) that seems like an aberration, given his targets in prior games, (II) Cousins threw the ball 46 times, and (III) Garcon missed time during the game with a knee injury. Did (III) have any real impact on Crowder? I don't know - not sure how many of his targets came when Pierre was out, but (I) and (II) are what I focus on. If Crowder gets a ton of targets again this week, I hear you - but right now last week's game is looking like a blip on the radar during a game when Cousins threw the ball an inordinate number of times. In the other games, my recollection is that Reed and Garcon have consistently been the primary targets (and that's my point). Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I recall.

I'm not here to argue with you, as you can (obviously) do what you want...I'm just telling you, as 1) a season ticket holder, and 2) a guy who is very in-tune with the local media, that Gruden and McCloughan are very high on Crowder, and he has already overtaken Andre Roberts (granted, not hard to do) as the #3 receiver when D-Jax returns (right now, he's #2 behind Garcon)...his targets (by week) are as follows: Wk 1 = 1; Wk 2 = 1; Wk 3 = 6; Wk 4 = 12...while you may be right, there's no "consistency" established there for a rookie entering only his 5th game in the NFL, those numbers are trending upward...

anyway, your original comment/conversation was about Carrier, and I can't honestly comment on him, because he's only been targeted 5 times all season so far...he could emerge as a viable fantasy option (@ TE) if Reed misses any amount of time, but at this juncture, logically, because of trends I have to say Crowder is going to see more targets because Gruden and Cousins likely trust him more than Carrier at this point in time...that's all I'm saying...I'm stuck looking for a replacement TE in one of my leagues, too...as of now, I've picked-up that 30 y/o guy from CLE who has scored the past couple of weeks (I don't even remember his name - LOL), but I could easily change my mind on Sunday morning and grab Carrier to take a flyer on him...

• Like 1

I like Crowder-- looks like a nice PPR play and to be on the same page as Cousins.... who is going to have to throw a ton this week.

With the uncertainty at the TE position and ATL's propensity to be pretty soft on the underneath routes I think Crowder could be in for a pretty good day. I like the kids upside.

• Like 1

I'm not here to argue with you, as you can (obviously) do what you want...I'm just telling you, as 1) a season ticket holder, and 2) a guy who is very in-tune with the local media, that Gruden and McCloughan are very high on Crowder, and he has already overtaken Andre Roberts (granted, not hard to do) as the #3 receiver when D-Jax returns (right now, he's #2 behind Garcon)...his targets (by week) are as follows: Wk 1 = 1; Wk 2 = 1; Wk 3 = 6; Wk 4 = 12...while you may be right, there's no "consistency" established there for a rookie entering only his 5th game in the NFL, those numbers are trending upward...

anyway, your original comment/conversation was about Carrier, and I can't honestly comment on him, because he's only been targeted 5 times all season so far...he could emerge as a viable fantasy option (@ TE) if Reed misses any amount of time, but at this juncture, logically, because of trends I have to say Crowder is going to see more targets because Gruden and Cousins likely trust him more than Carrier at this point in time...that's all I'm saying...I'm stuck looking for a replacement TE in one of my leagues, too...as of now, I've picked-up that 30 y/o guy from CLE who has scored the past couple of weeks (I don't even remember his name - LOL), but I could easily change my mind on Sunday morning and grab Carrier to take a flyer on him...

The names Barnidge, Gary Barnidge. I suspect his drink is Keystone Light straight from the can. He was a popular TE pickup and is getting a lot of looks in Cleveland.

• Like 1

The names Barnidge, Gary Barnidge. I suspect his drink is Keystone Light straight from the can. He was a popular TE pickup and is getting a lot of looks in Cleveland.

Thanks...I actually did end up dropping him this morning for Carrier, b/c I thought the match-up was better...which basically means Barnidge will continue to go off for 10/140/2, and Carrier will go 3/25/0...LOL

Thanks...I actually did end up dropping him this morning for Carrier, b/c I thought the match-up was better...which basically means Barnidge will continue to go off for 10/140/2, and Carrier will go 3/25/0...LOL

should have held Barnidge, 7/120/1 vs. Carrier, 2/27/1...doubtful I'll be able to reclaim him...