[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos @ Lions Game Thread

BA Baracus

I just don't get it. CJ looks like a completely different player than last year. What is the deal? Is it really the offensive line that causes a player to become terrible? I just don't get it at all.

Combination between the worst O-line in the league combined with constantly being rotated in and out. How are you supposed to build chemistry with your line when you're in on one play and on the sideline the next play. I blame Kubiak Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

Combination between the worst O-line in the league combined with constantly being rotated in and out. How are you supposed to build chemistry with your line when you're in on one play and on the sideline the next play. I blame Kubiak

Me too

I just don't get it. CJ looks like a completely different player than last year. What is the deal? Is it really the offensive line that causes a player to become terrible? I just don't get it at all.

Well, it's usually the offensive line that causes a RB to be good in the first place. There really aren't many RBs out there (or in the history of football) who could perform well behind a terrible O-line. Once an O-line "declines", people start to realize just how important a cog it is in the overall offensive wheel (IMO, it's THE most important cog). Some RBs and QBs can succeed behind a weak line - the vast majority will not.

CJ is a mediocre RB who will run what is blocked for him . . . that becomes a big problem when nothing is being opened up for him.

• Like 1

Giving Abdullah the rock seems like such a no-brainer. DET’s line is awful but at least this kid has the ability to create a little bit on runs and is a huge weapon in the passing game, whereas Joique barely gets what is blocked for him. Ameer = 3.9 ypc; Joique = 1.1 ypc. I have to think something changes after this week, but I’ve been surprised by the stupidity of NFL coaches in the past . . .

The whole “Riddick is the only RB on the field in hurry-up” thing is also mind-boggling. Are they too lazy to get Ameer up to speed on the hurry up O? I don’t get it. Get Lance Moore off the field there and put your playmakers in. Not taking anything away from Riddick – he’s quick, runs solid routes and has great hands but why not have 2 of him in there for potential dump-offs on either side of the field? Makes too much sense, I guess. They’d rather have an ineffective Lance Moore running intermediate routes.

Sorry - rant completed.