[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CLE @ CIN Game Thread

BA Baracus

Starting Eifert vs Mr. 8-0 got me off to a good start. Bengals defense not so much. Manziel killed Barnidge's value in three leagues.

Edited by MothAudio

Manziel's passes to the Duke were curtailed in the 2nd half as the Bengals were able to keep him in the pocket. He still should've used the screen more.

At the last minute, I swapped out Barnidge for Duke after I remembered the Titans game in Week 2, Barnidge had 2 points. I also started Eifert. Too bad my opponent started Dalton.

Great first half horrible second half. Browns didn't have a 1st down in the 2nd half until about 3.5 minutes remaining when the Bengals led by 21 and the defense got a little softer. Stupid penalties, Starks with the taunting (he should have just kept walking, even stepping over the guy wasn't going to get the flag, but standing over him and talking trash will). Whether you agree with the call or not as a player you have to know this will happen and try to control yourself. Of course if they didn't grow up trash talking and taunting from before HS they might not do it all in the pros.

Manziel has improved but once CIN kept him in the pocket he was stymied. He still cannot find an open reciever and throw to them from the pocket, at least not more than 3-5 yards downfield. I liked what I saw from Duke as well on passing plays lined up wide. I hated some of the runs they had him doing, he isn't Crowell you cannot just hand off and have him run up the middle (not the way we're blocking).

This was a rare ZERO TURNOVER game, I found out there have been 19 (1 post season) since 1940, with 9 of those coming since 2007, some gaps before that of 10 years or so.

ETA Those numbers on zero turnover games may be off, have been discussing with person who provided the info and some others digging into it via pro football reference using the Team Game Finder query

http://pfref.com/tiny/jMLoJ :nerd::pc:

Edited by stevegrab

Manziel's passes to the Duke were curtailed in the 2nd half as the Bengals were able to keep him in the pocket. He still should've used the screen more.

At the last minute, I swapped out Barnidge for Duke after I remembered the Titans game in Week 2, Barnidge had 2 points. I also started Eifert. Too bad my opponent started Dalton.

I fell asleep at halftime. Was it really the Bengals that kept Johnny in the pocket or was it the CLE coaches. I remember Pettin saying something about not wanting Manziel running around so much when they interviewed him on the way in at halftime.

I fell asleep at halftime. Was it really the Bengals that kept Johnny in the pocket or was it the CLE coaches. I remember Pettin saying something about not wanting Manziel running around so much when they interviewed him on the way in at halftime.

Pettine actually said there are more throws they'd like him to make from the pocket.

Either way, most of 1st halfs throws on the move were not by design, but scrambles. 2nd half CIN D contained him more and the offense just didn't click, going 3-and-out all but their final possession under 5 minutes.