[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just another I hate TNF thread...

the outlaw

I really do, at least from a fantasy perspective...otherwise should be a pretty good game, what with all of the underlying story lines and all...

I just wish I had a few more days to try and figure out what the hell to do w/Chris Ivory this week! The dude's rushing avg has plummeted since Week 6 (I believe I've read/heard 55 for 84 over that period), but he still maintains marginal fantasy value due to his sheer volume, goal line touches and short TDs...

Last week I won in spite of myself when I benched Eifert (TNF) for Olsen, but had to live with his 3 TDs hanging over my head all weekend! LOL I think I take this "fake" football WAY too seriously!

If you play in a bunch of leagues it is probably worse as the chance you have a player in TNF game increases. And with that the chance of having a player in a questionable situation that requires a tough decision.

Over the years I've always been more cautious witht the TNF game, if the guy may not play, or the matchup isn't very good, I'll bench them.

PS With those 2 TEs you should be trying to trade one, then you don't have that tough decision to make.

If you play in a bunch of leagues it is probably worse as the chance you have a player in TNF game increases. And with that the chance of having a player in a questionable situation that requires a tough decision.

Over the years I've always been more cautious witht the TNF game, if the guy may not play, or the matchup isn't very good, I'll bench them.

PS With those 2 TEs you should be trying to trade one, then you don't have that tough decision to make.

Yeah, believe me I contemplated trying to unload one of them earlier in the season, but it's a keeper league and I was able (thanks to TheHuddle's preseason rankings!) to grab Eifert with a fairly late round pick...I've actually been somewhat successful in streaming them all season (except for last week - Olsen didn't kill me, but he didn't come close to Eifert, either)...anyway, our league's trade deadline has passed, so I get to continue streaming them and decide if, and/or which I want to keep next year... Edited by the outlaw

This week TNF is probably gonna kill me. In one of my deep dynasty leagues I have a team that's pretty bad. Because of this I have no choice but to start Ivory, Karlos Williams, and McCoy(literally nothing else at RB to go with) as well as Sammy Watkins who gets Revis Island. Should be a fun week. Thankfully Bridgewater is playing or I'd have to play Fitzpatrick as well.

This week TNF is probably gonna kill me. In one of my deep dynasty leagues I have a team that's pretty bad. Because of this I have no choice but to start Ivory, Karlos Williams, and McCoy(literally nothing else at RB to go with) as well as Sammy Watkins who gets Revis Island. Should be a fun week. Thankfully Bridgewater is playing or I'd have to play Fitzpatrick as well.

Wow! I dont think I've ever seen one owner have so many RBs at stake in one game...at least you should have a pretty good bearing on whether you'll have a shot to win, after tonight, with half your team playing! Should be able to somewhat free up your Sunday! LOL

Edited by the outlaw

But you'd probably be doing that even if the game was Sunday or Monday. Your roster didn't change becuase of a TNF game.

I'm with you, I hate TNF games. Both FF and real-games. I know it's not always the case, but they just always seem boring to me. And actually, if I have two players rated very closely, my final determining factor sometimes is which ones plays the later game. It's sort of superstitious on my part, but I always like having at least one player on SNF or MNF.

Is Ivory doubtful to play?

No. He's officially listed as probable, but it's his performance (outside of his goal line TDs) that has been "questionable" the past several weeks...LOL

I would just prefer to have a few extra days to decide who I want to start, and I don't have that luxury with TNF and my circumstance this week...the world' not going to end tomorrow if I start him, or don't...I just personally do not care for TNF with respect to FF lineup decisions...

But you'd probably be doing that even if the game was Sunday or Monday. Your roster didn't change becuase of a TNF game.

I'd have to be doing it, yes, but TNF typically has ugly low scoring games(and this week should be that for sure, as both teams have very good defenses) hence TNF "killing me"

Obviously not enough people hate the TNF games enough to turn them off.

Yeah it seems to be a everyone hates it and wishes it was scrapped whilst simultaneously watching it so the NFL will always keep it.

Can safely say I never stay up to watch it anymore.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie

Yeah it seems to be a everyone hates it and wishes it was scrapped whilst simultaneously watching it so the NFL will always keep it.

Can safely say I never stay up to watch it anymore.

It'd be like 2-5 a.m for you right? I wouldn't stay up to watch it either...

• Like 1

It'd be like 2-5 a.m for you right? I wouldn't stay up to watch it either...

Yeah it is. I only stay up for the Phins normally but I was actually at their game this year against NE. Just catch up on Gamepass on Friday night.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie

Obviously not enough people hate the TNF games enough to turn them off.

Correct...it's just a minor inconvenience to me, so I hate it...but, since Roger isn't taking my calls or responding to my texts/emails, I don't see any changes on the horizon and therefore all I have left is to complain about it in a FF forum... ;)

THIS^ As long as it continues to generate revenue, it will stick around... Edited by the outlaw

Actually I read somewhere that Revis is expected to tail Robert Woods.

I can only hope. Although seeing as how my opponent is the number 1 team with a WR core Antonio Brown, OBJ, and Calvin it may not be enough.

I know it's off-topic, but how the hell does one acquire a corps of those 3 WRs on the same team??? Keeper league? That is simply amazing to me... LOL

Yeah it is. I only stay up for the Phins normally but I was actually at their game this year against NE. Just catch up on Gamepass on Friday night.

Do you stay up for SNF or MNF? Does a good enough game get you to stay up that late?

Just curious if it is really Thursday night, or the quality of games (not that MNF are great, and even some SNF games have been dogs, many last year).

I'm always up until midnight or later eastern time so I'm up thru the end of those night games. The opening weekend with double MNF games think I went to bed at halftime of the second game.

Do you stay up for SNF or MNF? Does a good enough game get you to stay up that late?

Just curious if it is really Thursday night, or the quality of games (not that MNF are great, and even some SNF games have been dogs, many last year).

I'm always up until midnight or later eastern time so I'm up thru the end of those night games. The opening weekend with double MNF games think I went to bed at halftime of the second game.

Personally don't stay up for any except Dolphins games (we arent popular on SNF or MNF that much) and thanksgiving as I book the next day off work. I know some people in the UK who do more regularly despite working office hours.

• Like 1

because you can't stop Robert Woods...you can only hope to contain him :weird:

Started him as a desperation play against the Jags and got lucky. Will be in my good books forever more now, never gonna own him or start him unless something changes but we'll always have that game :tup: