[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton?

anismith

Whether he is going to sit week 17 or not I think you need some sort of backup QB and a decent one if possible, otherwise the drop off from Cam will be huge if he doesn't play. In an 8 team league there has to be some good options, and according to your roster you don't have any backup QB, very dangerous for such a key position.

I wouldn't put too much trust in coaches or others who might say "he won't sit", nobody knows this is new territory for the Panthers, they have a legit shot and with the way he plays an injury is not out of question.

Whether he is going to sit week 17 or not I think you need some sort of backup QB and a decent one if possible, otherwise the drop off from Cam will be huge if he doesn't play. In an 8 team league there has to be some good options, and according to your roster you don't have any backup QB, very dangerous for such a key position.

I wouldn't put too much trust in coaches or others who might say "he won't sit", nobody knows this is new territory for the Panthers, they have a legit shot and with the way he plays an injury is not out of question.

I am planning to pickup Stafford or Fitz this week. Hopefully I'll get Stafford. I just wanted to double check that this was a good idea.

As people said above, week 17 you want another QB as Cam will probably sit or get a drive or two. Chances are they'll have the #1 seed locked up so I'd look at who has a good matchup and preferably something to play for.

Maybe even try to trade for someone like Big Ben or Matt Ryan as they prime matchups in week 17.

I would tend to agree, but I probably wouldn't risk a ff championship game on it

I woudln't go into the playoffs with one QB though, and that appears to be what the OP was planning to do. Of course in an 8 team league he has options like Stafford to add. But I'd want that backup on my roster before they lock at Sunday 1PM kickoff.

How awesome would it be for CAR to go 16-0, then reach the SB and beat the Pats :) No long playoff success history, no string of SB appearances and wins, one year they're the worst playoff team in a while at 7-8-1 and "don't deserve to be there" (according to some) the next year 19-0 and SB champs.

How awesome would it be for CAR to go 16-0, then reach the SB and beat the Pats :) No long playoff success history, no string of SB appearances and wins, one year they're the worst playoff team in a while at 7-8-1 and "don't deserve to be there" (according to some) the next year 19-0 and SB champs.

I think Brady would cry and Belichick would literally explode at the press conference. In other words, pretty dang awesome.

Edited by Boy Named Suh
  • Like 1

No lie, I would probably splooge just thinking of the Cam haters reaction at him earning that place in history. Sorry if that was a bit too graphic.

Stafford has a pretty darn good schedule the rest of the way...I think you made a good pickup and may have lineup questions the rest of the way between him and Cam! NO and SF in weeks 15-16 have me salivating. I picked him up when Luck went down.

Yeah, I had planned for him for a while and then when he went off against the Eagles I was worried someone was going to grab him.

Stafford has a pretty darn good schedule the rest of the way...I think you made a good pickup and may have lineup questions the rest of the way between him and Cam! NO and SF in weeks 15-16 have me salivating. I picked him up when Luck went down.

Yeah, got him in 2 redrafts. My other... I have Newton. So... interesting topic.

10-team league so there are some decent choices out there: Alex Smith (vs. OAK), Mariota (@IND), Tannehill (vs. NEP), Hoyer (vs. JAC), and heck, even Andrew Luck's out there. I might just pick him up and if he's not up to speed in the next couple weeks I could go for one of these other guys.

Heck, I just convinced myself.