[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pass catching RBs...why?

awesomebench

:huh:

not sure how "new" of a thing this is...

I've been out of ff for a few years. RBs used to be the most consistent position. Now, im not even sure im going to target RB first next year. So from 5 yrs ago, to today, definite change. I just dont know if this is an NFL trend, or an aberration of this year....

I had a chance to seriously contend for my local while Dion Lewis was playing. Without him, my drafting mistakes were highly amplified. You can't go into a draft not targeting a RB, but there is no trend, it is reality. Some of the best RB's of late - Bell/Forte etc - they aren't one dimensional.

• Like 1

Look at all the WR/TE screens being used, teams are realizing that also works for RB more and makes for easy "running" like plays (low risk of pick or even incomplete). Plus with the emphasis on the pass it seems fewer teams can develop good run blocking.

• Like 1

I had a chance to seriously contend for my local while Dion Lewis was playing. Without him, my drafting mistakes were highly amplified. You can't go into a draft not targeting a RB, but there is no trend, it is reality. Some of the best RB's of late - Bell/Forte etc - they aren't one dimensional.

Ty...i think this is what i was looking for...

:huh:

not sure how "new" of a thing this is...

Yeah, it's really nothing new, and is a combination of a couple of things... More and more leagues shifting to PPR, and teams using RBBC in the NFL.

If you can find a guy who catches 4-ish balls per game (Lewis, Woodhead, etc.), assuming he gets 20-30 yards on those grabs, it's as good as a back who rushed for 60-70 yards. Having a guy like Bell or Forte, who does both, is a bonus.

Or course, notice that 3/4 of the guys I mentioned have missed significant time (or are out for the year), so having depth at RB is probably more important than ever. I draft 4-5, and just hope 1-2 are left for the playoffs.

• Like 1