[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

adp or the huddle cheat sheets

gallagorilla

I'm currently putting together a cheat sheet for tonight's draft, and basically adding a column for "adp" next to "rank" - this helped me not reach as much last year. I've previously asked the huddle to include adp in their cheat sheets, which would save me a lot of time, but haven't received a response.

My question is do you tend to put more weight in "adp" or "the huddle" rankings?

thanks

I put more weight in the expert opinion of the Huddle staff who I've followed for years. ADP depends on your source, and the numerous real or not real drafts that get included. I recall using one and you could include only "real" drafts and ignore mocks, but I still wondered how good the data was.

• Like 2

It is in the works and it is something I would like to include but we were not able to completely redo all the rankings to accommodate it. That is one reason why I do all the sleeper and value plays against ADP. I'll try to get that done for next year because I think that is something that at least some would like.

The biggest advantage of ADP is just as a rough guide what others will be doing so you can make plans.

Be careful with ADP because it can be misleading at times. Someone could have recently lost their starting job, or even out for the season, but the ADP won't reflect that because people were drafting that person higher before the announcement. That is crucial when you get to the mid and late rounds (e.g. Dion Lewis this season) and someone is not keeping up with every player. But I do use ADP as measure of how far I'm reaching at times. If I want a certain player and I don't draft again until 30 picks later, I will definitely pick them 10-20 spots before their ADP.

• Like 2

the adp tool on this site is nice because you can select real, mock, or both, and it allows you to change recency of draft

I was looking for an ADP list on The Huddle site for about 30 minutes last night without success. Not to be stupid or a pain, but can somebody direct me to it?

I don't really put much stock into ADP for the reason you will end up reaching for players you didn't need to or you passed on a player you should have taken but didn't cause the ADP told you chances are that he'll be there next round. I get the purpose of it - but if you ignore it you'll end up going with your gut which eliminates most of the instant regret - like passing on a guy ADP says you should probably get in the next round, but the guy right behind you drafts him.

Throw that ADP list in the garbage

I don't really put much stock into ADP for the reason you will end up reaching for players you didn't need to or you passed on a player you should have taken but didn't cause the ADP told you chances are that he'll be there next round. I get the purpose of it - but if you ignore it you'll end up going with your gut which eliminates most of the instant regret - like passing on a guy ADP says you should probably get in the next round, but the guy right behind you drafts him.

Throw that ADP list in the garbage

While I agree with 99% of your post, it does serve a big help for novice FF players or the non-serious ones. Most of the regulars on here are pretty serious, so it's not a big deal to us, but for people looking for guidance it does help.

• Like 1

While I agree with 99% of your post, it does serve a big help for novice FF players or the non-serious ones. Most of the regulars on here are pretty serious, so it's not a big deal to us, but for people looking for guidance it does help.

You are correct, sir. I forget there are noobs each year.

You are correct, sir. I forget there are noobs each year.

I bring it with my as well as the myHuddle scoring printout which isn't in top 300 or so order. I use both and my growing gut instinct

• Like 1

I bring it with my as well as the myHuddle scoring printout which isn't in top 300 or so order. I use both and my growing gut instinct

You sure that growing gut instinct isn't just something you ate? or all that good beer :)

A tip for people having trouble finding resources on the Huddle site, go to the Draft Kit page (link at top of main site and forums) and most of it is there, sometimes ou have to look close, or use your browser's "find on page" option.