[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sit Newton Week 1?

heehawks

Gotta say, I think you will be burned on this.....that Superbowl loss has eaten away at cam for over 200 days and I really see him shining tonight to prove a point, and he has his best receiver back that he didn't have at all last year. Good luck, I have him and Cousins starting together in a 2 QB league...so I can't hate your choice to much!! Lol

Gotta say, I think you will be burned on this.....that Superbowl loss has eaten away at cam for over 200 days and I really see him shining tonight to prove a point, and he has his best receiver back that he didn't have at all last year. Good luck, I have him and Cousins starting together in a 2 QB league...so I can't hate your choice to much!! Lol

You could be right, and I may put my tail between my legs and start him last second, which will be in 29 minutes.

Newton 18 comp, 194 passing yds, 1 passing TD, 1 int, 3 sacks, 54 rushing yards. 30.37 points

Carr 24 comp, 319 passing yards [275 bonus], 1 passing TD, 16 rushing yards, 2 point con. 42.61 points

• Like 1

Stafford over Cam worked out.

I should not have to lean on Stafford in the future (well let's hope so). Cam should play better.

I like the KB looked well after being out last year. I see both of them getting better each week.

I'm not trying to doubt the "start your studs" theory or the wisdom of the people posting here, but I started Stafford over him and was rewarded. The best D against the worst D scenario. You have to admit when a player is playing against the statistically worst D there has to be some thought into it if the QB / offense is capable...

the match ups are not always going to be there, but early in the season, it was worth taking a risk.

I plan on Cam throughout, unless CAR regresses in consecutive weeks and there is a great match up.

IND defense will improve when they get their starting DBs back.

Now anybody playing NOS, well that looks like an automatic.

meh..I bet the guys that drafted Keenan in the 2nd round are wishing they took Cam instead

LOL ... at the end of the season I will be able to look back and tell you who I should have drafted at each position. How is the fact that Keenan is hurt and out for the season relevant to this discussion at all?

• Like 2

I'm not trying to doubt the "start your studs" theory or the wisdom of the people posting here, but I started Stafford over him and was rewarded. The best D against the worst D scenario. You have to admit when a player is playing against the statistically worst D there has to be some thought into it if the QB / offense is capable...

I started Cousins over Eli, based in large part to projections and ranking at the Huddle that had a valid point about the horrible pass D of PIT. That didn't work out so well and luckily didn't cost me the game.

Not complaining or blaming the huddle, just think that sometimes we get to cute trying to do something smart based on stats and stuff. That is why I rarely bench the better player for the lesser guy, even in that "better matchup".

• Like 2

LOL ... at the end of the season I will be able to look back and tell you who I should have drafted at each position. How is the fact that Keenan is hurt and out for the season relevant to this discussion at all?

Noones going to change your mind, and I'm not going to debate it til the cows come home.

All the "wait for qb guys" will tell you to take Keenan in the 2nd instead of a qb. Howd that work for the guys that did it?

There's now right or wrong way to do it..you still gotta get lucky

Noones going to change your mind, and I'm not going to debate it til the cows come home.

All the "wait for qb guys" will tell you to take Keenan in the 2nd instead of a qb. Howd that work for the guys that did it?

There's now right or wrong way to do it..you still gotta get lucky

You could have drafted ANYBODY else in the 2nd instead of Keenan and be better off. If you knew going in that Keenan was going to suffer a major injury week 1 and be out for the season then you shouldn't have drafted him in the 2nd round. But I don't think anybody predicted that to happen. If Cam suffers a season ending injury next week will you change your tune and say 'meh he should have drafted Aaron Rodgers there'.

You could have drafted ANYBODY else in the 2nd instead of Keenan and be better off. If you knew going in that Keenan was going to suffer a major injury week 1 and be out for the season then you shouldn't have drafted him in the 2nd round. But I don't think anybody predicted that to happen. If Cam suffers a season ending injury next week will you change your tune and say 'meh he should have drafted Aaron Rodgers there'.

I agree, noone should ever draft a qb until the late rds.

There. :shrug:

You can choose whatever strategy you like ... but attempting to argue that Cam should have been drafted ahead of Keenan because Keenan got injured in week 1 and is out for the season is stupid.

all i said was I bet the guys that drafted Keenan wish they had taken cam instead. Make a poll for the Keenan owners, ask them and see what happens.

Stating (over and over and over) that taking a qb early is stupid, is stupid

• Like 1