[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sit Newton Week 1?

heehawks

wow, this post still has legs :pc:

I'm not understanding the reasoning of bringing in Keenan into the topic... :hscratch:

I don't get it either. I believe we could ask owners if they wished they had drafted any player instead of Keenan - say Danny Woodhead, Dan Bailey, Minnesota's defense for example- and they would wish that they had.

Not sure how that is relevant to the OP's original question or my original response that if you draft Cam early and consider benching him you are doing it wrong.

Not sure how it is relevant to the thread about when to take QBs. Trying to indicate that a QB should have been taken instead of a player that ends up getting hurt is stupid.

I don't get it either. I believe we could ask owners if they wished they had drafted any player instead of Keenan - say Danny Woodhead, Dan Bailey, Minnesota's defense for example- and they would wish that they had.

Not sure how that is relevant to the OP's original question or my original response that if you draft Cam early and consider benching him you are doing it wrong.

Not sure how it is relevant to the thread about when to take QBs. Trying to indicate that a QB should have been taken instead of a player that ends up getting hurt is stupid.

I don't own Cam. But you're saying if I thought Cam had a nice schedule and thought he would duplicate his #s from last yr, but I also drafted a qb later on that had a dream matchup in wk one ( while cams matchup was bad) I'd be doing it wrong. To me that's stupid. But you're probably right, because in the 12 yrs I've been around here you've never been wrong :lol:

I don't own Cam. But you're saying if I thought Cam had a nice schedule and thought he would duplicate his #s from last yr, but I also drafted a qb later on that had a dream matchup in wk one ( while cams matchup was bad) I'd be doing it wrong. To me that's stupid. But you're probably right, because in the 12 yrs I've been around here you've never been wrong :lol:

Aren't we supposed to start the players we think will score the most points? So if we do that, how are we doing it wrong? We may be wrong about who actually scores more, but that is called hindsight.

• Like 1

If you pass on value at the other positions to take Cam Newton in the early rounds because you want a QB you can count on ... but then immediately begin playing the match up game, I question your decision to take Cam in the early rounds. If a QB you draft in the 8th round can be started over the one you drafted in the 2nd round why the hell did you draft the one in the 2nd round?

• Like 1

If you pass on value at the other positions to take Cam Newton in the early rounds because you want a QB you can count on ... but then immediately begin playing the match up game, I question your decision to take Cam in the early rounds. If a QB you draft in the 8th round can be started over the one you drafted in the 2nd round why the hell did you draft the one in the 2nd round?

touche

I highly doubt I will bench him for another game the entire year. That first game just seemed to have so many things that could go against him. In hindsight, I was actually wrong to consider benching him over Cousins, which I eventually did not do anyway. I chickened out. Turned out to be a pretty good discussion tho! :)