[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate to tell you this....

CowboysDiehard

Advantages for Dak - on a roll, playing well, not turning the ball over. more mobile than Romo (though Romo is not a pylon by any means)

Disadvantages for Dak - very small sample size

Advantages for Romo - experience, better chemistry with Dez, experience, good at 4th quarter comebacks (for when the defense comes back to earth), experience

Disadvantages for Romo - when he pulls a Romo trying to do too much. Goes hand in hand with the 4th quarter rallies above but can be a two-edged sword.

Methinks after a couple losses (God forbid I just suggested the Cowboys would lose a game) when Dak makes a mistake or two, his inexperience shows, or he can't rally the team from a deficit that the debate isn't going to be as heated and everyone might be just fine having Romo back.

This is based on what we saw from Tony over last November ... it is not given that he will perform at previous levels

• 1 month later...

For you deep insight homers , How is Jaylon Smith coming along ? Im curious if he can be an impact player next year in a year where I assume we go heavy defense in the draft

For you deep insight homers , How is Jaylon Smith coming along ? Im curious if he can be an impact player next year in a year where I assume we go heavy defense in the draft

tried to quote my last post and hit delete.

Anyhow , it was Gil Brandt that tweeted that the nerve was starting to fire and there was a chance he's be back for playoffs.

Broaddus disagrees

https://mobile.twitter.com/DallasSC1/status/800719649293877248

We will be waiting to dismantle your o-line, stap elliot and pick off Dak for a pick six..... lmao I wish, love my Giants, but we are the pretenders of playoff run right now unless we get a dominating win over cleaveland. I know its just cleave land, but just need that one game to separate the boys from the men. Good luck to you guys tho, hopefully meet you guys in the playoffs would be interesting.

It's true the nerve is firing but Jones has no intention on bringing him in full go this year. It was symbolic to bring him off NFI and to the roster fulfilling his promise not to end his season on IR prematurely. I don't think there going to risk putting him on the field until he has a full year to recover and start fresh next year. All signs are looking good for the kid though. He's one hell of a guy. Works his ass off, has a great attitude and wrote a book on his view of life called "Clear eye view". It's his philosophy on navigating life and it's challenges. Something McClain and Gregory could use. Anyway, the kid is an old soul and if anyone can make a full recovery it's this guy. Says and does all the the right things and is just a powerful presence in the room and on the field. The guy is super super smart and well rounded as a person. Met him at Training camp in Oxnard. I was so impressed with him as a person. Spent a lot of time with us and seemed to enjoy it. Can't wait to see this kid play.

interested to get cowboys fans' opinions on some takes i've been hearing recently, saying how they've had an easy schedule thus far. i think i read that they're the only team that hasn't played a division leader yet, and that they've beat only one team with a winning record (redskins).

Not a Cowboy fan and mostly just providing facts, not my opnion (they are good but haven't played many good teams).

They have played and beaten some division leaders, Ravens and Steelers are tied at 5-5 for the AFC North, and DAL beat both. They have only beaten one team with a winning record (at this time not records when they played), WAS who is 6-3-1. Their other wins are PHI (5-5), GB (4-6), CIN (3-6-1), CHI (2-8), SF (1-9), CLE (0-11).

They are a good team but have not really been tested against many other good teams. The AFC north is not very good, neither is the NFC North, that's half their schedule. Week 1 loss to the Giants who are 7-3. I think this weekend on a short week against the Redskins should be another good test, and their weakest opponent remaining is probably TB.

Of course you can only play the teams on the schedule, and they've racked up some big wins over some of the teams and been putting up nice numbers on offense (a long streak with 400 yards, 24 points or more in every win and they don't give up a lot of points.

Edited by stevegrab

You can't buy confidence which the Boys have an abundance of right now. You can't buy team chemistry which the Boys clearly have stock piled. And you can't buy a winning mentality which the Boys have obviously obtained.

There schedule is irrelevant right now. They have played who they had to,meanwhile compiling a record most teams would sell the farm for. Washington is a good test but it won't define them going forward if they lose. They are my dark horse , if you will, to make it to the NFC Championship

• Like 1

Of course you can only play the teams on the schedule, and they've racked up some big wins over some of the teams and been putting up nice numbers on offense (a long streak with 400 yards, 24 points or more in every win and they don't give up a lot of points.

yeah, you can't really blame a team for not beating teams they don't have the opportunity to play, and this part is so true and so important:

You can't buy confidence which the Boys have an abundance of right now. You can't buy team chemistry which the Boys clearly have stock piled. And you can't buy a winning mentality which the Boys have obviously obtained.

but idk, i think the offense is very good, the o line is clearly the best in the league, dak looks so comfortable and confident, dez, zeke, witten, beasley. but the defense has very little talent, on paper at least. they do a good job controlling time of possession and all that but i just think a lack of defensive talent has got to be a liability at some point

Rookie QB, rookie rb, defense is playing over their heads, little to no pass rush, weak schedule so far.

Saying they make it to the NFCC is going out on a limb imo. Alot of football left

Agree there is a lot of ball left to play, but dude I'm out there on that limb! Can't make it to Houston, but the wife and I already lined up Vegas for the Super Bowl if they make it.

I dunno fellas. This Washington game has me on edge. You can't discount the rivaly aspect of this game. Washington coming off a shorter week, looking explosive on offense behind a QB in Cousins that is full of confidence. So much so he goes upside the GM head while screaming "How you like me now". This is just the sort of game that Dallas gets upset, at home, on Thanksgiving for all the world to see.

On the other hand, Cousins may have just put the wammy on himself thinking what the hell was I thinking putting all that pressure on myself going forward. There was a great analogy put forth by a Dallas beat writer describing our teams identity. He said we are like Tyson and Joe Louis coming out with no plan at all and basically saying "look I'm going to stand right here and hit you until you fall, and you and I both know it". That is exactly how the Cowboys have approached games thus far. The come out and say, we are going to run the football down your throat and you and I both know you won't be able to stop it after halftime. Oh and by the way, if and when you do, we will simply go to our singled up Dez, Beas, TW, or Witten and force you out of that stacked box and then get back to pounding you on the ground again. Or we will simply swing Zeke out of the backfield and let your LB try and chase the rabbit a while.

So there are a few ways this game plays out. We run all over Washington forcing them to play mistake free offense while making big plays down field on our suspect and injured secondary to stay even. Or turnovers make the difference in the game. Or Dallas does what I hope they will do and just simply overpower Washington's D and forcing Cousins to play desperate catch up forcing him into mistakes. I don't think they will be able to stop Zeke at all. Which has me feeling pretty good about it but Washington has some nice weapons to throw to. If we let them get off a few big plays and get up early they may just have what it takes to edge out a high scoring W something like 31-30.

Gut feeling tells me Cowboys 34 Skins 27 with the skins scoring the late 7 in the last few seconds of the game. It should be a good one though. Can't wait.

Go Cowboys.

Edited by Cowboyz1

we are going to run the football down your throat and you and I both know you won't be able to stop it.

force you out of that stacked box and then get back to pounding you on the ground again.

football is a very dirty game :brow:

I dunno fellas. This Washington game has me on edge. You can't discount the rivaly aspect of this game. Washington coming off a shorter week, looking explosive on offense behind a QB in Cousins that is full of confidence. So much so he goes upside the GM head while screaming "How you like me now". This is just the sort of game that Dallas gets upset, at home, on Thanksgiving for all the world to see.

On the other hand, Cousins may have just put the wammy on himself thinking what the hell was I thinking putting all that pressure on myself going forward. There was a great analogy put forth by a Dallas beat writer describing our teams identity. He said we are like Tyson and Joe Louis coming out with no plan at all and basically saying "look I'm going to stand right here and hit you until you fall, and you and I both know it". That is exactly how the Cowboys have approached games thus far. The come out and say, we are going to run the football down your throat and you and I both know you won't be able to stop it after halftime. Oh and by the way, if and when you do, we will simply go to our singled up Dez, Beas, TW, or Witten and force you out of that stacked box and then get back to pounding you on the ground again. Or we will simply swing Zeke out of the backfield and let your LB try and chase the rabbit a while.

So there are a few ways this game plays out. We run all over Washington forcing them to play mistake free offense while making big plays down field on our suspect and injured secondary to stay even. Or turnovers make the difference in the game. Or Dallas does what I hope they will do and just simply overpower Washington's D and forcing Cousins to play desperate catch up forcing him into mistakes. I don't think they will be able to stop Zeke at all. Which has me feeling pretty good about it but Washington has some nice weapons to throw to. If we let them get off a few big plays and get up early they may just have what it takes to edge out a high scoring W something like 31-30.

Gut feeling tells me Cowboys 34 Skins 27 with the skins scoring the late 7 in the last few seconds of the game. It should be a good one though. Can't wait.

Go Cowboys.

They've found a way to win tight games all year. I plan to be fat on turkey and pie, sitting on my ass farting out the Cowboys' fight song thanks to the sweet potato casserole as they blast the skins. It'll be glorious! :helmet:

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Wow what a game. If you would have told me Cousins would put up 449 yards before the game and Dak would just throw for 195 and a TD with an additional 40 on the ground and a score, and Zeke didn't just go off,I would have said the Skins win pulling away. But yet again, the Cowboys come in and show yet another way they can beat you. Play like a race track between the 20's yet play dominant D in the redzone. 4 trips inside the red zone and only 6 points. WOW. Crazy.

I thought Zeke was going to have a 200 yard game. Yet the Skins found a way to shut him down for a while only they did exactly what I said they would do. Zeke out of the backfield, a dose of Witten, Beas, TW and Dez to bring them out of that stacked front and get back to pounding Zeke late.

Props to Dez for not allowing the mouth to take Dez out of his game or draw a PF. Just worked him over for a modest 5 for 72 while doing just enough to keep the chains moving. Clearly Norman's strategy was to try to get Dez to explode but all he did was get beat down and should have had a deep TD but Dak didn't see him and dumped it off to Witten I believe.

The best pass of the game for me was the one to Beas on the out route. Dropped a dime for a 1st down on 3rd and what 16! tHis kid has got it all.

This years Cowboys team is rollin and rolling like a 18 wheeler.

This game should have been 42 to something Skins but the D became a wall inside the 20. Some of that has to fall on Cousins because he made some bad reads and poor throws. That single back set, direct snap was a horrible call by the Skins which was a wasted down IMO.

It there is one thing that worries the hell out of me is that we allowed Cousins to drop back and throw 53 times and not a single sack. I have to think that at some point that is going to be a problem.

10-1 Cowboys roll on into Minn with a strangle hold on the division and a nice path to the 1 seed and the SB going through Dallas. I am in dream land. What a magical season.

Go Cowboys

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1