[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Jones officially demoted

michaelredd9

Gruden: Kelley will be our early-down back

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/347300/gruden-kelley-will-be-our-early-down-back?ls=roto:WAS:topheadlines

Redskins coach Jay Gruden considers Rob Kelley the team's early-down back coming off the team's bye week.

Gruden said Kelley will handle the "bulk" of the carries, and that Matt Jones will "have to earn his way back." Jones is returning from a knee issue, but has also been highly inconsistent while continuing to struggle with ball security. Jones probably won't be completely abandoned, but Kelley should have a clear touch advantage against the Vikings' tough run defense. He'll be on the RB2/3 borderline for Week 10.
Nov 7 - 1:49 PM

• Like 1

I thought Kelley did a good job when he got his chance. Everything I read said he "plodded along" He plodded to 14 fantasy points which was good enough for me. I'm glad they are giving him the start. He and Dujaun Harris made the most of their chances.

• Like 1

With all my teams byes this week I wasn't able to hold onto kelley and he's already been picked up in my league. :(

I don't know why you hung onto Cordarelle Peterson, CJ Fiedorowicz & Cameron Brate. Could have easily dropped one of those guys.

In hindsight should of just dropped gostkowski haha but oh well.

Haha, sucks but that's how it goes! I'm kicking myself for dropping Michael Thomas (9th rd.) before week 1 after someone let go of Justin Forsett, and immediately after I heard news of his resigning. Could have used that kind of depth right about now ..

Blue text is Rotopinion. What Gruden really said in the press conference should give Kelley owners (like me) caution. This looks to be mirroring the mess of last year.

"We've got three or four good backs, four good backs now that Matt's up, so you know, I'm not going to project who's gonna get the bulk of the load, but right now, I think it's going through Robert Kelley, as I stand up here right now, and that could change by Thursday or Friday, but Matt'll get his touches and earn his way back into the role that we think he should be in."

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Gruden-On-Running-Game-Rob-Kelley-Is-Lead-Back/dbea22bc-7b19-4fa9-9dda-d058db682e3c

• Like 1

Gruden: Rob Kelley is our 'first-string' RB

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/347527/gruden-rob-kelley-is-our-first-string-rb?ls=roto:WAS:topheadlines

Coach Jay Gruden called Rob Kelley the Redskins' "first-string" running back.

It's confirmation of what Gruden said on Monday. Matt Jones, fresh off a knee injury, will slide in as the backup with Chris Thompson occupying his usual role on passing downs. Kelley has a tough matchup Sunday against the Vikings but should see enough carries to warrant consideration as a borderline RB2.
Nov 10 - 3:00 PM