[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New rules change

rattsass

Hot Rumor - The NFL will allow the players to burn flags, but they may be penalized 15 yards for using a prop in their celebration.  Thoughts?

• Like 2

Funny.

The NFLPA may be surprised at how many fans do not agree with these players behavior.

I am about ready to turn them off on Sundays, just watch stats for my FF teams as I have just about had about enough of this behavior.

I'll stop now or this thread will turn into a political rant by me.

• Like 2

Funny this is the first time I'd heard of them actually maybe going to burn flags.  That has been a sort of counter argument to those who support players kneeling during the anthem. 

I ask if people support that, and a lot say yes.  Then I ask them if they would support burning the flag on the field and they say no.  I tell them its the same offense in a lot of people's eyes. 

I feel if they DO end up burning flags on the field, the NFL will HAVE to penalize or fine them otherwise if they are "supportive" you will have tons of fans upset with the double standard.  Players were threatened with fines for wearing 9/11 commemorative shoes on 9/11.  Players are penalized and fined for celebrating (which one could argue is a form of expression or free speech) with a prop. 

Bottom line is the NFL could put a stop to this if they wanted to. 

19 minutes ago, LeonardPart6 said:

Funny this is the first time I'd heard of them actually maybe going to burn flags.  That has been a sort of counter argument to those who support players kneeling during the anthem. 

I ask if people support that, and a lot say yes.  Then I ask them if they would support burning the flag on the field and they say no.  I tell them its the same offense in a lot of people's eyes. 

I feel if they DO end up burning flags on the field, the NFL will HAVE to penalize or fine them otherwise if they are "supportive" you will have tons of fans upset with the double standard.  Players were threatened with fines for wearing 9/11 commemorative shoes on 9/11.  Players are penalized and fined for celebrating (which one could argue is a form of expression or free speech) with a prop. 

Bottom line is the NFL could put a stop to this if they wanted to. 

:lol:

pretty sure the original post was a joke

11 minutes ago, LeonardPart6 said:

With all the craziness I've seen on the internet over this stuff lately, honestly yes.  But yeah my bad.

Very true, people are making this into a big deal, including the media and the actual game broadcasts making a point of showing the anthem protests to audiences that missed it (they talked about it in CIN-GB after the PIT-CHI audience joined the game).

The excessive coverage, the making it a major news story and all that is what drives me nuts. Don't really care what the players do during the anthem, don't usually watch that, and for the longest time it was NOT shown during NFL games. 9/11 and rah-rah patriotism changed some of that.

Go back to focusing on the sport, which is entertainment from the fans. I don't care about their political views any more than I care about what some other celebrity thinks.

I'm done this year....and that pains me to say it! Calling Directv tomorrow to get refund on Sunday Ticket, I posted a link in another thread that ESPN wrote about this being the first time they have offered refunds due to the sensitivity of this issue.....Running my teams blind(well through the huddle and other sources), just fed up!

21 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Very true, people are making this into a big deal, including the media and the actual game broadcasts making a point of showing the anthem protests to audiences that missed it (they talked about it in CIN-GB after the PIT-CHI audience joined the game).

The excessive coverage, the making it a major news story and all that is what drives me nuts. Don't really care what the players do during the anthem, don't usually watch that, and for the longest time it was NOT shown during NFL games. 9/11 and rah-rah patriotism changed some of that.

Go back to focusing on the sport, which is entertainment from the fans. I don't care about their political views any more than I care about what some other celebrity thinks.

Completely agree.  It's entertainment, that's it.  Anything else, role models, political stances, etc. I could care less about.  Just play football.

I don't understand why it is important for people to agree with the political views of celebrities.  I could not care less what athletes, musicians, or actors believe.  I think Ted Nugent is a piece of crap.  But if his music didn't suck, I would totally listen to it (actually Fred Bear is a kick ass song and I listen to it).  Our country has a separation of church and state.  We also need a separation of church, state, and politics from all other aspects of our lives.  I find Facebook almost unbearable with people constantly posting their political views.  I have unfollowed 70% or 80% of my friends on Facebook because of political crap (and also people who post every detail of their boring life).  Unfollowing all of the dramatic people has made Facebook far more tolerable.

Edited by michaelredd9