DMD

Broncos just ran out of QBs before the game ever started

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

@LordOpie, thought you might appreciate this:

Thanks! Local radio ripped  Denver coaching staff today for not supporting and protecting Hinton better

Fangio needs to be fired.

yesterday

Local radio played a clip of Fangio a month ago dismissing the idea of keeping a QB isolated. Then today, he dismissed the idea again. He threw his QBs under the bus, backed it up and did it again. He has thrown many coaches and players under the bus. He takes almost no responbility for anything.

He doesn't know when to call time outs, nor whether to go for it, punt, or kick a FG. Dude sucks.

Fangio, take some responsibility. If the job is too big for you, be a man and step down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Fangio needs to be fired.

yesterday

Local radio played a clip of Fangio a month ago dismissing the idea of keeping a QB isolated. Then today, he dismissed the idea again. He threw his QBs under the bus, backed it up and did it again. He has thrown many coaches and players under the bus. He takes almost no responbility for anything.

He doesn't know when to call time outs, nor whether to go for it, punt, or kick a FG. Dude sucks.

Fangio, take some responsibility. If the job is too big for you, be a man and step down.

Yes. Not a Broncos fan but I live in the Denver area. Fangio was a decent coordinator. HC is way over his head.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's ashame what they did to that kid. He's lucky he didn't get killed and now it's back to the practice squad to never be heard from again. 

Lol.  He was a brand new practice player who likely would have never made it on the NFL field in the first place.  He probably made more than his annual salary in one week. If he didn't have an agent before, he has one now.

I think he'll be okay.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

I bet the Denver situation has every other NFL team scrambing to figure out how they would address that happening.

I heard that Denver wanted to promote a position coach or trainer into being the starter for one day since he was a college QB but the NFL said they could not, so they went with Hinton as Plan B.

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Lol.  He was a brand new practice player who likely would have never made it on the NFL field in the first place.  He probably made more than his annual salary in one week. If he didn't have an agent before, he has one now.

I think he'll be okay.

Yeah, that $50,000 a year on the practice squad is really going to set him & his Family up for generations, lucky guy. 

5 hours ago, DMD said:

I heard that Denver wanted to promote a position coach or trainer into being the starter for one day since he was a college QB but the NFL said they could not, so they went with Hinton as Plan B.

Denver is embarrassing. Playing a coach has been against the rules for years. 

8 hours ago, DMD said:

I bet the Denver situation has every other NFL team scrambing to figure out how they would address that happening.

This has happened in the NBA before a couple times, right. I think Tree Rollins played in a game even though he was part of the coaching staff. 

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, that $50,000 a year on the practice squad is really going to set him & his Family up for generations, lucky guy. 

Practice squad players make a minimum of $8400 a week.  That's $142,800 for a full 17 week season.  That's not bad.

Just now, jerlane said:

Practice squad players make a minimum of $8400 a week.  That's $142,800 for a full 17 week season.  That's not bad.

Thank you. I stand corrected. But still hardly enough to get your brains beat in every week. And what's their average practice squad career? A few years? 

10 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I think he'll be okay.

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I have seen a few sources that say he got about 36K

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/broncos-news-kendall-hintons-salary-for-being-emergency-qb-revealed/amp/

23 minutes ago, jerlane said:

He got 36,000 to be embarrassed and ass beat in front of the World. After taxes it's Dog Piss Willy. Now it's back to obscurity. Just saying 

Edited by League_Champion

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He got 36,000 to be embarrassed and ass beat in front of the World. After taxes it's Dog Piss Willy. Now it's back to obscurity. Just saying 

Judging by his interview he wasn't embarrassed at all,  nor should he be. 

55 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Judging by his interview he wasn't embarrassed at all,  nor should he be. 

I agree, everyone knows the predicament he was in. That being said, he's a proud man. In his mind I doubt he's happy with how it went? He was a sacrificial lamb 🐑 

Denver STILL does NOT have a quarantine qb but we now have a quarantine PK!

CHAMPIONSHIP

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I agree, everyone knows the predicament he was in. That being said, he's a proud man. In his mind I doubt he's happy with how it went? He was a sacrificial lamb 🐑 

In his mind I'm certain that he knows that he doesn't have a real shot at the NFL, certainly not at QB since he was never even brought in to be a QB in the first place. In his mind he got a chance to get on an NFL field, get a real NFL game jersey with his name on it & a great story to tell for the rest of his life. Oh & they paid him $36k to do it, which is probably at least half of what he'd make in a year working a sales job & right before Christmas time too. I would be willing to bet anyone who's ever had aspirations, including you or me, would jump at the chance to "embarrass" themselves the way he did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

In his mind I'm certain that he knows that he doesn't have a real shot at the NFL, certainly not at QB since he was never even brought in to be a QB in the first place. In his mind he got a chance to get on an NFL field, get a real NFL game jersey with his name on it & a great story to tell for the rest of his life. Oh & they paid him $36k to do it, which is probably at least half of what he'd make in a year working a sales job & right before Christmas time too. I would be willing to bet anyone who's ever had aspirations, including you or me, would jump at the chance to "embarrass" themselves the way he did.

He did fine considering the circumstances, that's a lot of pressure. I hardly know the Players Union agreement or contracts but I wonder why they couldn't of just signed some jobber QB to a 1 week contract. Perhaps it's against the rules or it was too soon of notice. 

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He got 36,000 to be embarrassed and ass beat in front of the World.

He got paid to play football in the NFL, when his skill set alone would have never, ever provided that opportunity.  

I give him credit for seizing this crazy 2020 opportunity, stepping up and stepping in, knowing full well what it would mean.  

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

This, 100%,  absolutely.  

Dic Fangio compared the qbs to his children when his children were young. He said he might punish the qbs. He compared adults to children and might punish them.

This team will be dysfunctional until it's sold.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Dic Fangio compared the qbs to his children when his children were young. He said he might punish the qbs. He compared adults to children and might punish them.

This team will be dysfunctional until it's sold.

I can't remember exactly the source I read, maybe it was on a Reddit FF forum but multiple people who seemed to know what they were talking about were not happy with Fangio in any number of respects, essentially saying he's a good head coordinator but not a head coach.  It kind of surprised me bc he seems to be talked about in glowing terms otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I can't remember exactly the source I read, maybe it was on a Reddit FF forum but multiple people who seemed to know what they were talking about were not happy with Fangio in any number of respects, essentially saying he's a good head coordinator but not a head coach.  It kind of surprised me bc he seems to be talked about in glowing terms otherwise. 

Unfortunately, elway, ellis, the "trust" like fangio, for some reason. League needs to force them to sell. Trust already said the only bowlen kid eligible is Brittany, but she's 5-10 years away from being actually qualified. Once they declared Beth unqualified, they should have sold.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:04 PM, League_Champion said:

He did fine considering the circumstances, that's a lot of pressure. I hardly know the Players Union agreement or contracts but I wonder why they couldn't of just signed some jobber QB to a 1 week contract. Perhaps it's against the rules or it was too soon of notice. 

:rolleyes:   Seriously how many replies do you need before you realize you're wrong. The guy dreamed of playing in the NFL as a kid, probably in HS and college too, now he got his chance. I doubt he's looking at like you are are. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

:rolleyes:   Seriously how many replies do you need before you realize you're wrong. The guy dreamed of playing in the NFL as a kid, probably in HS and college too, now he got his chance. I doubt he's looking at like you are are. 

Thank you Karen. I love that I trigger you, it makes me soo happy! You're a Mark. 

• Haha 1