[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears HC Nagy has COVID

darin3

Not sure if he'll be out next week but one can hope.  Special Teams coordinator Chris Tabor will assume HC responsibilities so that the OC/DC can focus on doing what they do.  Whatever that is.  

Watch Fields go off and prove to Bears brass that Nagy is the issue.

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Geez, Bears are having lots of COVID issues. Damien Williams just barely clears to play this week, now his coach has it. 

Bears host the 49ers next week. 

There were a few others that were out yesterday with COVID.  Jimmy Graham for one.  Niners D is tough but I bet Fields has his best effort yet next week.

8 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Nothing really. Just watching that s show yesterday I said to a buddy that I wouldn't be surprised if Fields all of a sudden came down with Covid to give him a breather...I didn't think it would be Nagy.

Just seems a bit fishy to me.

I thought it was some part of the Chicago way, like the fans are fed up with Nagy so they infected him with COVID. Instead of giving him the cement boots treatment in Lake Michigan.

7 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Nagy is losing his mind. I am sure there will be some real honesty coming from people soon about the disaster he is and what he's created here.

Allen Robinson went off about Nagy here.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/26/allen-robinson-threw-matt-nagy-under-the-bus-with-comments-about-lack-of-chemistry-with-justin-fields/

6 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

That was pretty mild criticism but cutting nonetheless. I have to imagine the clock is ticking if it isn't already 

11 hours ago, purplemonster said:

That was pretty mild criticism but cutting nonetheless. I have to imagine the clock is ticking if it isn't already 

If Fields wasn't expected to start this season, at least not early on, why should he be betting much time in training camp with the first team?  Again this seems like a team with internal struggles. Coach didn't want Fields, didn't want to play fields, does his thing and eventually Fields is forced into a starting role and there's no chemistry. 

They guy whining about being fined is just elite athletes thinking they don't need to follow rules. I recall one coach said "if we start at 8AM be there BEFORE 8 not walking in the door at 8"

11 hours ago, stevegrab said:

If Fields wasn't expected to start this season, at least not early on, why should he be betting much time in training camp with the first team?  Again this seems like a team with internal struggles. Coach didn't want Fields, didn't want to play fields, does his thing and eventually Fields is forced into a starting role and there's no chemistry. 

They guy whining about being fined is just elite athletes thinking they don't need to follow rules. I recall one coach said "if we start at 8AM be there BEFORE 8 not walking in the door at 8"

It isn't one thing, it's all things. Most people assumed Fields would be the starter this season at some point, probably sooner than later. I think you need to get him acquainted with your 1st teamers somehow. It isn't like Dalton has been heating it up the last few years, so a replacement is almost expected. It is more the general dysfunction that has happened and now that you see fissures in the locker room and questions of "losing the team" so to speak, it feels like it is reaching a breaking point. Some of it may be unfair, maybe there are some clowns in the locker room, maybe he's getting unfairly blamed for the rookie playing like a rookie, but it's been a question now for a number of years.