[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go, yo. Here we go, yo.

Tell me your take on this scenario....

Three teams tied at 4-3 in the division.
Team #1 : 2-1 in the division.  Beat team #2, lost to team #3.  Has 940 points.

Team #2 : 1-2 in the division.  Lost to team #1 & team #3.  Has 1014 points.
Team #3 : 2-1 in the division.  Beat team #1 & team #3.  Has 900 points.

Regardless of how YOUR league or THIS league is set up, how are they placed 1 through 3?

4 minutes ago, Decisions said:

Record first, points scored as tiebreaker 

for the record, I hate divisions.  Only thing it does it create the opportunity for a worse team to get into the playoffs bc their division is weaker

I'm inclined to agree.

Shouldn't head to head come in to the record discussion?

1 minute ago, Forgot My Name said:

I'm inclined to agree.

Shouldn't head to head come in to the record discussion?

Head to head just isn’t used much in apps.  It’s not like this is real life football where matchups, rivalries, etc come into play.  In real football, if a division team A beats opponent team B twice, it’s fairly easy to argue they’re the better team.

fantasy, bye weeks, in game injuries, random players popping off.  You just can’t make that same arguement

1 hour ago, Decisions said:

Head to head just isn’t used much in apps.  It’s not like this is real life football where matchups, rivalries, etc come into play.  In real football, if a division team A beats opponent team B twice, it’s fairly easy to argue they’re the better team.

fantasy, bye weeks, in game injuries, random players popping off.  You just can’t make that same arguement

I would rank them 1,3,2 as well, based on overall record, then division record then points. H2H doesn't enter into it.

As you say it is kind of pointless, you didn't line up on the field and beat the other team, there's a ton of randomness involved in when a specific set of teams match up.  We use divisions and ditched H2H as a tie breaker long ago, since we were always playing every team in the division twice and most often the records were 1-1. The H2H in a single game was even worse as a tie breaker not sure if we used it outside division. 

For me as a commish the rules need to be clear, owners need to understand them. As we near playoffs we usually start explaining who is still in contention, who is not and the particulars of how. Still sometimes somebody feels cheated thinking they should have been in over some other team.