[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Akers return to form?

8rattoon

I picked him up in a keeper league as a speculative possibility.  I have Henderson, but our league rules don't allow me to keep him.  Akers can return from an achilles tear -- others have (D'Onta Foreman for example )-- but their value is far less than it used to be.  I can gamble because the pick up is free.  How much do you have to pay?  As the odds are against it, I wouldn't pay too much.

Edited by seh0872

Well, let's start with the fact that you're keeping Henry.  The others are solid keepers, and I'd say given Akers' injury they will have greater value than he will.  But we'll need training camp to find out.  For $5, roll the dice, but expect that there's a good chance you'll get nothing in return.

Even if he has a low chance of a keeper on your team its worth that small price. If he isn't a player you keep maybe you can trade him to another team for some draft picks (happens in our 5 keeper league often). 

I signed him as well before our rosters locked for next year, Watson too for $2 each. Especially with some of my keepers (Russell Wilson and Chris Carson) being shaky for the future it made sense. 

On 12/19/2021 at 10:54 AM, seh0872 said:

Well, let's start with the fact that you're keeping Henry.  The others are solid keepers, and I'd say given Akers' injury they will have greater value than he will.  But we'll need training camp to find out.  For $5, roll the dice, but expect that there's a good chance you'll get nothing in return.

I'm not so sure I will keep Henry. I'll be picking 7th overall. Yes, he's a slight value at 7 but not nearly what the others offer.

I think TEN learned the hard way what 30 carries a game does to a 28 yr old RB and won't take that approach moving forward.

• Like 1